Lake City Columbia: from pop warner to state champion contenders; The story

Columbiafan

http://www.wcjb.com/content/sports/Countdown-to-Kickoff-preview-Columbia--491201051.html

Check this out from TV20 down in Gainesville 

Also I'm working on a documentary story this season and it will start with a "build to the game" series which will be ran before the Suwannee game which happens to be the first home game and will give some behind the scenes film roll heading into the traditional rivalry game

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

http://www.wcjb.com/content/sports/Countdown-to-Kickoff-preview-Columbia--491201051.html

Check this out from TV20 down in Gainesville 

Also I'm working on a documentary story this season and it will start with a "build to the game" series which will be ran before the Suwannee game which happens to be the first home game and will give some behind the scenes film roll heading into the traditional rivalry game

but that’s all preseason 

u can’t be playing teams like  Atlantic coast you gotta play atleast one power house a season OOS in really good competition instate

theres no way their ever gonna be mentioned with the big dogs if they don’t change up their regular Season scheduling 

A671D38D-52AF-4949-B272-C724C0DCD822.png

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

but that’s all preseason 

u can’t be playing teams like  Atlantic coast you gotta play atleast one power house a season OOS in really good competition instate

theres no way their ever gonna be mentioned with the big dogs if they don’t change up their regular Season scheduling 

Are you aware that Atlantic Coast is a District game? 

As in we have no choice but to play them

We have 6 non conference games plus the koc

First 3 games are basically local rivalries we play for gate 

Gainesville 

Buchholz 

Suwannee 

Then we play

Madison County (defending 1a state champs and one of best small school teams in America)

Bolles and Trinity Christian who are best 2 privates in duval county 

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

So why no games against STA, AHP, Miami  central, why no national top 100 OOS game??

if you got the talent I’m sure @PrepGridiron

@GardenStateBaller

can an make it happen

Well in all fairness until 2 days ago there was no real national buzz on Columbia but I'm sure that is changing,  if we can live up to potential this year I wouldn't be surprised to see us play nationally elite teams in the future

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

So why no games against STA, AHP, Miami  central, why no national top 100 OOS game??

if you got the talent I’m sure @PrepGridiron

@GardenStateBaller

can an make it happen

Those games could happen soon

I'm currently looking into what games are manageable logistical wise

I see a few oos options i plan to dig deep into but it isn't a easy sell quite yet

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We have 6 non conference games plus the koc

First 3 games are basically local rivalries we play for gate 

Lol 😝.   But bot teams are 0-0 in the records

is the KOC an in season Game or is it a Preseason Scrimmage ? If it’s a scrimmage it does not count ... it’s just a Glorified preseason scrimmage 

4 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

is the KOC an in season Game or is it a Preseason Scrimmage ? If it’s a scrimmage it does not count ... it’s just a Glorified preseason scrimmage 

It doesn't count on records but no one watching the game in person would view what we did as a scrimmage

Both teams treated it like a real game 

IMG didn't want to risk losing number 1 ranking by losing and we wanted to prove a point to those who felt we didn't deserve to share the field with them

18 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Watch the first half and decide for yourself.   The game is still online I beleive.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Watch the first half and decide for yourself.   The game is still online I beleive.  

I watched the

hole thing live 

img coach probably did stuff just to try out so they can use for the regular season 

like i said if chs actually beat them at home they should have no problem going undefeated with their schedule 

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I watched the

hole thing live 

img coach probably did stuff just to try out so they can use for the regular season 

like i said if chs actually beat them at home they should have no problem going undefeated with their schedule 

I get hiding stuff on offense but they were definitely exposed on defense, specifically the secondary 

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@HawgGoneIt Will GHSAA allow a member team to schedule an OOS team that beat IMG?  Please advise. Thx. 

I'm sure there is no rule against that. 

Personally, I don't think Columbia wants em any of what Colquitt is cooking but, heck, the proximity isn't terrible for travel between the schools.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm sure there is no rule against that. 

Personally, I don't think Columbia wants em any of what Colquitt is cooking but, heck, the proximity isn't terrible for travel between the schools.

If we were willing to play IMG i doubt we would be scared off idea of playing colquitt 

The only thing that keeps us from scheduling the Allen, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei of the world is resources

Columbia just can't afford to make those travels and even if these teams offered 10-15k it wouldn't be enough to cover costs and football has to carry so many sports here financially 

If colquitt will offer us like 20k they might play back to back years at Colquitt or if they will give us a home and home we would probably travel there without asking for money in return since it's not that far away

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If we were willing to play IMG i doubt we would be scared off playing colquitt 

The only thing that keeps us from scheduling the Allen, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei of the world is resources

Columbia just can't afford to make those travels and even if these teams offered 10-15k it wouldn't be enough to cover costs and football has to carry so many sports here financially 

If colquitt will offer us like 20k they might play back to back years at Colquitt or if they will give us a home and home we would probably travel there without asking for money in return since it's not that far away

Would love to see Columbia and Apopka do a home/away regular season game. The KOC games were great, but you are really not that far away, and I think it would be good for both teams.  

If there is any interest up there let me know and I will see if I can talk to someone with authority. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Would love to see Columbia and Apopka do a home/away regular season game. The KOC games were great, but you are really not that far away, and I think it would be good for both teams.  

If there is any interest up there let me know and I will see if I can talk to someone with authority. 

I would definitely like to see that

Maybe we can talk about it when you make it to a game later in the year :)

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I watched the

hole thing live 

Well there are a couple assumptions here.   First, you are assuming IMG is as string as they were in 16/17.   If Columbia has an undefeated season this year they most likely would need to beat some pretty solid teams in the Playoffs.   Teams like Lakeland, STA, Dwyer, Plant, Etc would stand in the way of an undefeated season.   It's not certain whether IMG will be better than say STA this year for example (too early).  

You are right that their expectations will jump up a notch after this game though.   They used up their chance of surprising anyone that's for sure.

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Well there are a couple assumptions here.   First, you are assuming IMG is as string as they were in 16/17.   If Columbia has an undefeated season this year they most likely would need to beat some pretty solid teams in the Playoffs.   Teams like Lakeland, STA, Dwyer, Plant, Etc would stand in the way of an undefeated season.   It's not certain whether IMG will be better than say STA this year for example (too early).  

You are right that their expectations will jump up a notch after this game though.   They used up their chance of surprising anyone that's for sure.

You would think so but based on what I'm seeing Sta still thinks we aren't that good

While we won't sneak up on anyone there is a possibility that people in that fanbase will see us as just a flash in the pan and could underestimate us just like IMG did 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

You would think so but based on what I'm seeing Sta still thinks we aren't that good

While we won't sneak up on anyone there is a possibility that people in that fanbase will see us as just a flash in the pan and could underestimate us just like IMG did 

It's almost as if people are feeling it's too good to be true and that there are red flags somewhere in the matchup with IMG more so than people thinking we are that good