Ohio Week 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'm hearing Colerains biggest and best D1 OLinemen Rusty Feth went out with injury last night and probably won't be back today....thats a pretty big blow against an X D

Rusty did not return today....and it showed.  Losing that kind of player against a DL like X's is NOT a recipe for success.  But somehow, the Cardiac Cards pulled out a win from the jaws of almost certain defeat.

Outgained by over 150 yards of offense, the Cardinals used a "Specht" like formula of field position and turnovers (5) to beat the Bombers.  The SUBSTITUTION INFRACTION penalty on St. X when Colerain was forced to punt late in the game that gave the Cards a 1st down was UNBELIEVABLE!!  

Take the W and move on....the offense can now move into getting itself right in conference play, however Princeton next week will not be a pushover by any stretch.

-93CardinalsFan

12 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

They’re not great, but West probably doesn’t suck quite as badly as everyone thinks.  Everyone looked at the X game and probably forgot that they’d beat most GMC teams 34-0. 

This is what I was thinking....X is far better than I expected......I know it's early, but this X team looks to be one of their best teams in awhile.

Interesting start to the year in northeast Ohio with Ed's and Ignatius sporting 0-2 records, the first time that's happened in like 50 years or something. Ed's could easily be 2-0, but a missed XP and brutal last second hail mary has them on the outside looking in for the region 1 playoffs.  Their schedule doesn't get much easier with defending PA champs Cathedral Prep coming into town and a trip to the Pit in week four against a resurgent Elder team. The Eagles need to get much better defensively. Secondary has looked strong, but the d-line and linebackers have been struggling. They improved since that awful display against Mentor in week 1, but still look incapable of dealing with a mobile QB and quick RB's out in space.  Teams that can stretch the field laterally will continue to give them problems.  Offense took a step back against a Cass Tech D that could matchup with their athletes, but I'm not worried about that moving forward. 

Ignatius looks to be in bigger trouble. Their defense is pretty sound, but their offense is brutal. O-line is a sieve, and Bo Floyd has no room to run. QB play has been spotty at best. A very good and athletic Euclid team is up next. An 0-3 start is very possible. 

Hoban and Mentor are the class of NEO right now.

• Like 1

What would everyone's current top teams look like

Here's my best attempt

TOP 5 are easy IMO. You could shuffle the order, but this is the order I'd go with....

Colerain, Mentor, Hoban, Pick Central, St. X,

Next group would be in any order

St. Edward, Elder, Pick North, Hilliard Davidson, Iggy, Euclid, La Salle, Wayne, Massillon........possibly Moeller (don't want to overreact to beating an 0-3 Trinity team)

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Here's my best attempt

TOP 5 are easy IMO. You could shuffle the order, but this is the order I'd go with....

St. Edward, Elder, Pick North, Hilliard Davidson, Iggy, Euclid, La Salle, Wayne........possibly Moeller (don't want to overreact to beating an 0-3 Trinity team)

I'd go 

1.Mentor

2.Hoban

3.Pick Central

4. Colerain

5. St. X

6.Hilliard Davidson

7.Euclid

8.Wayne

9.Massilon Washington

10.Elder.

Everyone is sleeping on Massilon.  

6 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Here's my best attempt

St. Edward, Elder, Pick North, Hilliard Davidson, Iggy, Euclid, La Salle, Wayne, Massillon........possibly Moeller (don't want to overreact to beating an 0-3 Trinity team)

Agree completely on top 5. And yes, pick your order at this point. 

Rounding out the top ten in some order:  Ed's, Pick North, Elder, Massillon, and Euclid. 

Next five out: Moe, LaSalle, HD, Wayne, Iggy

• Like 1