Jobless claims lowest since December 1969

Bormio

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

That's still horrible. As u stated that 800 a week. After taxes that's about 750 or so. That's just taxes. Take out your medical if you have it. That's another 200. So your down to 550 for the week. That's about 2100 take home for the month. Your rent let's say is 1200. Car insurance car payment cell phone etc etc. Your broke 

Where do you live that you only pay $50 taxes on a $800 check? In Cali your bringing home maybe $600 from $800 check. 

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Heres a thought.....get rid of healthcare.....employers wont have to pay for it....use that premium and gove everyone a raise 

Hate to dissapoint you, but employers mostly worry about the top and bottom line, and keeping cost low as possible.  If they could replace you and me with low payed robots or really smart monkeys they would in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Hate to dissapoint you, but employers mostly worry about the top and bottom line, and keeping cost low as possible.  If they could replace you and me with low payed robots or really smart monkeys they would in a heartbeat. 

of course they would....your not disappointing me. Ive been saying the same thing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

It's bad. I just pointed out that it's bad. Basically the AVERAGE that you stated should actually be close to minimum wage. But that wont happen. If it did you would see unemployment go up as companies would get rid of people to save money. I'm not saying what the company would do is right or wrong but just what I believe they would do. Like I said get rid of the healthcare premiums thats companies have to pay and give everyone a raise. I know that is flawed as well

You wanna help people let housing prices crash. You would see baby boomers shit their pants 

Wow, what a simplistic solution you have to make things "better."  Baby boomers, Gen X and many of Gen Y (Millennials) would be less affected than you think since they probably have their house paid off or nearly paid off.  The people that it would mostly affect are those that recently purchased housing and would have negative equity (underwater).  While this might allow you to buy a house, it might also cost you your current job.  Since you lived thru the crisis in housing, banking and stock market in 2007,  you should remember that it devastated families enough to cause a rise in suicide rates, while crushing the livelihood of communities, counties and states.  

While I'm not one for a runaway exuberance in housing price increases, a slow steady growth in the price of housing is a good thing.  In fact, a slow steady sustainable growth in prices actually is very beneficial for an economy.  The last, and I mean the last thing an economy needs is to have housing prices crash and lower consumer prices, called deflation.  A housing price crash causes a downward spiral that is hard to stop and is hard to turn around.   Housing prices periodically get corrected and that simply is a necessary fact of life, but a housing price crash hurts a lot of people or don't you remember?

8 hours ago, stanscript said:

Wow, what a simplistic solution you have to make things "better."  Baby boomers, Gen X and many of Gen Y (Millennials) would be less affected than you think since they probably have their house paid off or nearly paid off.  The people that it would mostly affect are those that recently purchased housing and would have negative equity (underwater).  While this might allow you to buy a house, it might also cost you your current job.  Since you lived thru the crisis in housing, banking and stock market in 2007,  you should remember that it devastated families enough to cause a rise in suicide rates, while crushing the livelihood of communities, counties and states.  

While I'm not one for a runaway exuberance in housing price increases, a slow steady growth in the price of housing is a good thing.  In fact, a slow steady sustainable growth in prices actually is very beneficial for an economy.  The last, and I mean the last thing an economy needs is to have housing prices crash and lower consumer prices, called deflation.  A housing price crash causes a downward spiral that is hard to stop and is hard to turn around.   Housing prices periodically get corrected and that simply is a necessary fact of life, but a housing price crash hurts a lot of people or don't you remember?

I couldnt care less about my current job so it wouldnt bother me if they closed shop or whatever your hinting at. You tend to care about people. The suicide rate or whatever doesnt bother me. I dont lose sleep over such things. 

38 minutes ago, Bormio said:

August +201K jobs.  Unemployment 3.9%. Average hourly earnings up 2.9%.  African-American unemployment an all-time low.  #resistthis

Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

• Nonfarm payrolls grew by 201,000 in August. Economists surveyed by Reuters expected a 191,000 increase.
  • Average hourly earnings jumped by 2.9 percent, above the 2.7 percent increase expected.
  • The unemployment rate held near a generational low of 3.9 percent.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I couldnt care less about my current job so it wouldnt bother me if they closed shop or whatever your hinting at. You tend to care about people. The suicide rate or whatever doesnt bother me. I dont lose sleep over such things. 

When things go bad for you, don't expect others to care.

I feel sad for people like you.

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

When things go bad for you, don't expect others to care.

I feel sad for people like you.

Life has never been good for me so I truly dont  care. Like I said my current job like all my past jobs is horrendous. Absolutely nothing fun about it

And idk if this is news or not but most people dont care about any of us. 

Life cant really get much worse. Hate every minute at work. Cant enjoy a weekend because of work. Best part of my life is when I'm drinking

And if I can find a reason not to blow my brains out on a daily basis I would say most can people can as well

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Life has never been good for me so I truly dont  care. Like I said my current job like all my past jobs is horrendous. Absolutely nothing fun about it

And idk if this is news or not but most people dont care about any of us. 

Life cant really get much worse. Hate every minute at work. Cant enjoy a weekend because of work. Best part of my life is when I'm drinking

you represent a lot of Trump's base....😉