Apopka 38, Dr. Phillips 7

badrouter

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Man Dr Pepper is having their worst year in a while. 

They have talent, but it is young. And they are not playing inspiring football right now. I also did not understand the coaching decision to go with the running QB over the kid with the better arm in the the second half after rotating them throughout the first half. Apopka has had more difficulty with passers not runners over the RD era. 

Despite a number of penalties and some miscues, Apopka pretty much dominated this game, as the only time Dp threatened was early in the second half when they pulled to within a score of Apopka. But from thereon Apopka just pulled away. The last time the Darters scored such a big win against DP was in 2001 on the way to their first state title. The Wekiva game coming up in a few weeks should be a good one. It seems the entire Wekiva team and coaching staff was at the game tonight taking in the game. 

Bring them on. I like the chances of the winner making the 8A final. 

I'm surprised Wekiva got Apopka twice last year. Seems like it'd be a bad match up for Wekiva as they are a defense first team. Defense first teams tend to struggle against offensive masterminds like Darlington, because such offenses always tend to find ways to score no matter how good the defense is. I'll certainly be quite interested to see how this year's game(s) end up! 

31 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm surprised Wekiva got Apopka twice last year. Seems like it'd be a bad match up for Wekiva as they are a defense first team. Defense first teams tend to struggle against offensive masterminds like Darlington, because such offenses always tend to find ways to score no matter how good the defense is. I'll certainly be quite interested to see how this year's game(s) end up! 

Wekiva only got us once. We lost in the second round to Winter Park after being up at the half. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

They are not garbage. They are a year away from being a contender. 

Hot garbage. Lost by a combined 73-10 against the teams they played with a pulse. That's hot garbage. That's not competing. That sucks. And lose to West O. Lol. 

They aren't even top 75 in the state. Might not crack the top 100 if they keep this up

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yeah ok. We’ll see how many Fla teams will be in the Top 10 on Monday.  Normally they have 4

Who cares about that? You act like there's a team in California not named Mater Dei who's better than Lakeland. LMAO. (I know, I know. You have your computer and your Whiteshoes rankings serving as your Bible.)