Meanwhile: How bad is Rutgers Football?

RedZone

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Two weeks ago Kansas smashed Rutgers 55-14.

The same Kansas FCS Nicholls St, La beat.

This past week Buffalo smashed Rutgers 42-13.

I think it's about time Rutgers drops football or maybe plays a club or recreational schedule.

U do understand how much money they are making in the big ten right??

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Absolutely.....making millions of dollars....big ten network money. Revenue sharing. Everytime osu succeeds and wins that's more money for Rutgers maryland etc. 

I guess that 1-11 record this year will be good for something.

Maybe Rutgers can buy some new uniforms or something. A lot of blood on the old ones..

Just now, RedZone said:

I guess that 1-11 record this year will be good for something.

Maybe Rutgers can buy some new uniforms or something. A lot of blood on the old ones..

1-11 equals millions of dollars. Understand the business side of the sport. It's like Kansas in the big 12. Indiana and Illinois in the big 10. Vandy in the sec. They all suck in football but they are collecting a nice paycheck from the conferences. 

50 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Another example Notre Dame hasn't won a NC in what 30 years. And they are shown on NBC every Saturday. Their NBC contract is worth over 100 million dollars. So no matter how bad they are they are making $$$$$$$

What does ND have to do with any of this?  ND will bring a crowd where ever they play.  If the game was on the moon, ND would sell it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Notre Dame is currently a Top 10 team.

Lastly and more importantly......Rutgers sucks at football and I don't care if Rutgers makes a billion dollars a year. It ain't helping the fans that come out to yell for the home team.

You've got it all backwards...

The Rutger's fans come out to yell AT the home team. 😎

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You've got it all backwards...

The Rutger's fans come out to yell AT the home team. 😎

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

I have a simple theory on why Rutgers is pitiful when they should at least be ok...

It starts at the high school level. You can't expect the blue chippers of NJ to pick the state school (Rutgers) when most of them have flip-flopped their entire high school careers.

No loyalty...

Lmao 🤣  I’d pick having Rutgers over having to live a state like Louisiana or a ghetto like Moultrie,, Any day of the week

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, nptb17 said:

What does ND have to do with any of this?  ND will bring a crowd where ever they play.  If the game was on the moon, ND would sell it out.

Point being no matter how good or bad ND is they will always make money. 

Same with Rutgers. They can be winless every year. They are making millions from the big ten

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Point being no matter how good or bad ND is they will always make money. 

Same with Rutgers. They can be winless every year. They are making millions from the big ten

There is making money and then there is making money. ND makes money.

Also ND is never as bad as most try and make them out to be and they always play one of the tougher schedules out.

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

There is making money and then there is making money. ND makes money.

Also ND is never as bad as most try and make them out to be and they always play one of the tougher schedules out.

There is a difference btw playing a good schedule and getting somewhere and playing a tough schedule and being average. I know they are considered top 10 but they had close wins over ball state and Vanderbilt. Not exactly top 10 material. But that NBC contract for them is very profitable. That was the whole point. Same for Rutgers now they can go 1-11 and they make big ten money. And the big ten brought them in for the NYC market 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're in the huge minority. The people in those NYC bars are college alums/transplants, who grew up in other states. The natives only care about the Jets and Giants round here. 

Yes I know. I know how the area works. It's sad. These are the same morons who boo a draft pick on draft night and have never watched one single snap of what they can do in college. 

23 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

There is a difference btw playing a good schedule and getting somewhere and playing a tough schedule and being average. I know they are considered top 10 but they had close wins over ball state and Vanderbilt. Not exactly top 10 material. But that NBC contract for them is very profitable. That was the whole point. Same for Rutgers now they can go 1-11 and they make big ten money. And the big ten brought them in for the NYC market 

Oklahoma was taking to O.T. by Army.  Stanford is fortunate to not have 2 L's right now and come to ND this week.  Bama is the only team in the top 10 that doesn't look vulnerable right now.  At this point in the season, the name of the game is to win and stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Oklahoma was taking to O.T. by Army.  Stanford is fortunate to not have 2 L's right now and come to ND this week.  Bama is the only team in the top 10 that doesn't look vulnerable right now.  At this point in the season, the name of the game is to win and stay healthy.

Your right Oklahoma was exposed last weekend. And was shown not to be top 5 material. Stanford came back from 20-7 to beat Oregon. Nice gritty effort by them to get the win. I'm taking Stanford over ND. Alabama clemson osu and Georgia all look great. Haskins at OSU looks great. Could give alabama problems if they meet up.