The IPCC Report on Climate Change

World Citizen

On 10/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, NorCalRuss said:

The simple answer is what are you and the 7 billion peeps willing to give up to make this change? Answer for high percentage of most people in world is they’re not willing to do what’s needed to be done. 

Not until there’s no other choice other than to adapt when that time comes. 

In Ocean City, MD a heavy rain floods the entrance to the bridge over the intracoastal:  that prevents leaving the coastal island and literally trapping those in Ocean City.

Unless they are will to drive north for two miles and take the only other direct route out to the mainland.

This gets worse every year.

My wife and I are retired.  We were going to move to OC which we have both been going to since we were in elementary school.  But because of this we did not.

I and a lot of others take this seriously-literally as if our children and grandchildrens’ lives depend on it.

You do know that parts of Miami and Miami Beach also flood with heavy rain?  And many parts of the Carolina and Jersey coasts?  And elsewhere on the Atlantic, even parts of the Gulf?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, World Citizen said:

The report is not an easy read and I have not finished it yet but I encourage everyone to check it out.

Will do....also willing to bet that they are missing a ton of data, and that some of the data they are using has been corrupted...

In the mean time....Ben can explain my take on 'Climate change' a whole lot easier than me typing it...

Here is the real explaination….
for your 'report'...

And when you guys add solar cycles (the main driver of our climate cycles) to your 'math' calculations I will start to listen...

do you even know where we are in the grand solar minimum?...

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

In Ocean City, MD a heavy rain floods the entrance to the bridge over the intracoastal:  that prevents leaving the coastal island and literally trapping those in Ocean City.

Unless they are will to drive north for two miles and take the only other direct route out to the mainland.

My wife and I are retired.  We were going to move to OC which we have both been going to since we were in elementary school.  But because of this we did not.

I and a lot of others take this seriously-literally as if our children and grandchildrens’ lives depend on it.

You do know that parts of Miami and Miami Beach also flood with heavy rain?  And many parts of the Carolina and Jersey coasts?  And elsewhere on the Atlantic, even parts of the Gulf?

You 100% solar, u have electric car, do you do other things to help “global warming or global usage”, ifnt, you shouldn’t call others out on it. 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Will do....also willing to bet that they are missing a ton of data, and that some of the data they are using has been corrupted...

In the mean time....Ben can explain my take on 'Climate change' a whole lot easier than me typing it...

Here is the real explaination….
for your 'report'...

And when you guys add solar cycles (the main driver of our climate cycles) to your 'math' calculations I will start to listen...

do you even know where we are in the grand solar minimum?...

Are you suggesting solar cycles are responsible and driving the increase in CO2?  I suggest you research that question yourself and then tell me what you find.  

The orbital rather than solar flares is the main driver btw but that doesn't just suddenly increase at the same time we started increasing CO2.  That would be an incredible coincidence of epic proportions.  If that was the case where did all the CO2 go that We have put out in the atmosphere?  Where is your evidence that this is so?  

5 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Choose widely where you go.  Things are rapidly becoming extreme most places.  

We got along way to go in an increasingly short amount of time. Can't quite grasp why the reluctanct to admitting this is a problem.  I don't remember there being any partisanship in the 80's when we were facing a depleting ozone.  Science wasn't seen as a political issue.  Sad times.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Are you suggesting solar cycles are responsible and driving the increase in CO2?  <<<Don't be a moron.  I suggest you research that question yourself and then tell me what you find.  <<<gee what did you find in your research?

The orbital rather than solar flares is the main driver btw<<<oh this should be fantastic...please explain to the class how ...LOL.  but that doesn't just suddenly increase at the same time we started increasing CO2. <<<you've obviously lost yourself here again... That would be an incredible coincidence of epic proportions.  <<like your thoughts???If that was the case where did all the CO2 go that We have put out in the atmosphere? <<< BREAKING NEWS, CO2 is plant food. Where is your evidence that this is so?  Sorry but no evidence needed to show just how off base you are...

WC, can we at least agree that the number one issue that we should be addressing, is that of 'climate pollution' whether that leads to warming, cooling, or other???   At least then we could have a conversation....I don't think you are stupid, just programmed to think a stupid way...

Do you at least understand now, how the IPCC reports are put together??? didn't see much of any retort there....

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

We got along way to go in an increasingly short amount of time. Can't quite grasp why the reluctanct to admitting this is a problem.  I don't remember there being any partisanship in the 80's when we were facing a depleting ozone.  Science wasn't seen as a political issue.  Sad times.  

you mean when those same prognosticators were screaming ice age in my ear???  Ok so what are you gonna tell me about the 70's and 80's as it relates to science.....maybe that those core numbers they were using back then were in fact 'modified' today to support new causes as things were politicized????  Sorry but I already knew that.....didn't you?

47 minutes ago, Troll said:

WC, can we at least agree that the number one issue that we should be addressing, is that of 'climate pollution' whether that leads to warming, cooling, or other???   At least then we could have a conversation....I don't think you are stupid, just programmed to think a stupid way...

Do you at least understand now, how the IPCC reports are put together??? didn't see much of any retort there....

Sorry but you do not make any sense.  How am I programmed?  And by who?  Could be that your thinking is programmed to think in a stupid way.  I mean if you know more than the world's scientist and all.  

Did you read the report?  You have not addresses anything that is in the report.  You apparently just don't want this to be a problem and have offered nothing that would suggest that the increase in CO2 is not caused by humans pumping out CO2 into the atmosphere.  

But the #'s are corrupt?  What is corrupt?  Remember you said this before you read the report so how am I to take you seriously and not as someone who just doesn't want to believe in the science.  For political reasons I suspect.  

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Sorry but you do not make any sense.  How am I programmed?  And by who?  Could be that your thinking is programmed to think in a stupid way.  I mean if you know more than the world's scientist and all.  

Did you read the report?  You have not addresses anything that is in the report.  You apparently just don't want this to be a problem and have offered nothing that would suggest that the increase in CO2 is not caused by humans pumping out CO2 into the atmosphere.  

But the #'s are corrupt?  What is corrupt?  Remember you said this before you read the report so how am I to take you seriously and not as someone who just doesn't want to believe in the science.  For political reasons I suspect.  

Your a dope...GTFOOH

come back when you know the first thing about weather or pollution....

I addressed your report.....read the footnotes, 200 other reports from 'real scientists' that tear it up...

or just go back to sleep, of course we create C02......so what?

You don't even know what a leading indicator vs a trailing indicator is....

So amaze the class and tell everyone is CO2 (with regards to global warming) a leading or trailing??? Bet you don't even know.

So if you don't even know that then how are you supposed to tell the class what CO2 even does?

BTW: you know you are trying to argue over one of the most inert things we create and dump with regards to climate pollution.  Oh and did you even know...""higher CO2 levels in the upper atmosphere may be contributing overall to the closing of the ozone holes over the poles.""...so you are kind of just bitching at yourself with your last couple posts...🤣

How am I programmed?  And by who?  Could be that your thinking is programmed to think in a stupid way.  I mean if you know more than the world's scientist and all.  

Oh BTW,  maybe this should be addressed,  How do you like your Cherio's poisoned for breakfast?.....do you know what man made poison is even in it?....hint it's not CO2...

And maybe catch up to speed on some of the work that Stanford and Harvard are doing with regards to climate engineering....

And then we would ALL LOVE TO HEAR your comments on how dumping millions of tons of metal is less harmful than some CO2...

You are programmed by the fact that when you follow the propaganda, you have totally lost sight of the ball... 

And as far as 'scientists', why thank you yes, I prefer my data direct from them, and not from politicians, or politician paid ones....how about YOU???

🤣🤣🤣

OH BOY are you SHINING today....

How many links would you like 5 or 50?  Maybe 500? 🤣

You know how many people have been caught changing temp data??? seriously you can't be that naïve....

still diversions are not working......go ahead and defend your IPCC report....

After posting it and having it shredded,  you are now running all over the place....

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Troll said:

Your a dope...GTFOOH

That appears to be your MO.  When you get mad you resort to insults. 

come back when you know the first thing about weather or pollution....

There you go again with your false projecting and insults. 

I addressed your report.....read the footnotes, 200 other reports from 'real scientists' that tear it up...

Real scientist?  The report was done with the worlds leading scientist, so either you have not read the report (which I suspected) or you do not understand what you are reading.  You did not address the report.  In fact you have offered nothing.

or just go back to sleep, of course we create C02......so what?

So what?  You must not understand.  This is not a mystery and is very well understood, but not by you apparently.

You don't even know what a leading indicator vs a trailing indicator is....

There you go again.  You are either very stupid or just mad.  Why you would assume I do not know is in fact you just assuming and projecting.  If you were to talk like an adult we could have these conversations but you unfortunately do not and are a disrespectful angry little man.

So amaze the class and tell everyone is CO2 (with regards to global warming) a leading or trailing??? Bet you don't even know.

There you go again.  You do your own homework, I have done mine.  If you want to discuss this then I suggest you act like an adult but until then I do not have the patience for you.  You have no interest in anything other than pretending that you are clever. 

So if you don't even know that then how are you supposed to tell the class what CO2 even does?

There you do again.  If you would rather have this conversation with yourself you should have just done so.  But to assume, project and insult as you do shows that you are an immature person. 

BTW: you know you are trying to argue over one of the most inert things we create and dump with regards to climate pollution.  Oh and did you even know...""higher CO2 levels in the upper atmosphere may be contributing overall to the closing of the ozone holes over the poles.""...so you are kind of just bitching at yourself with your last couple posts...🤣

Didn't realize I was bitching with myself.  Not very insightful or interesting. 

BTW, not sure if you realize it or not but the report was written by the worlds scientist.  So if you know more than them then you would address the report and not attack me.  I didn't write it nor am I the reason that CO2 is making the world warmer due to our burning of fossil fuels, land clearing, and by sticking our heads in the sand wishing the problem would go away. 

23 hours ago, Troll said:

Oh BTW,  maybe this should be addressed,  How do you like your Cherio's poisoned for breakfast?.....do you know what man made poison is even in it?....hint it's not CO2...

There you go again.  Not making any sense and not addressing anything.  Cherios's? 

And maybe catch up to speed on some of the work that Stanford and Harvard are doing with regards to climate engineering....

I will do that.

And then we would ALL LOVE TO HEAR your comments on how dumping millions of tons of metal is less harmful than some CO2...

When did I say that dumping millions of tons of metal is less harmful than some CO2?  I didn't, you just make shit up and that was not addressed by me at any time. 

You are programmed by the fact that when you follow the propaganda, you have totally lost sight of the ball... 

Propaganda by whom?  For what purpose?  What ball?   You are not doing very well and I think you should just let these conversations be had by adults.  

And as far as 'scientists', why thank you yes, I prefer my data direct from them, and not from politicians, or politician paid ones....how about YOU???

Who were the paid politicians that wrote the report, that you didn't read?

What are you babbling about?  What politicians are you talking about.  There you go again. 

You are really not very good at staying on point nor are you very good at talking like an adult. 

It has not gone unnoticed that you have not, not even once, addressed the issue's raised in the report.  All you have done is try to muddy the waters with insignificant crap that is easily dismissed and take the conversation away from what the point of the report is all about. 

And your gifs are not even relevant or remotely on topic.  They must make you feel better though. 

As for you assumptions and insults, I choose to not play the game and instead will have these conversations with adults.  You have proven to me that you offer nothing except anger and insults and that is a shame.

22 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

BTW, not sure if you realize it or not but the report was written by the worlds scientist.  So if you know more than them then you would address the report and not attack me.  I didn't write it nor am I the reason that CO2 is making the world warmer due to our burning of fossil fuels, land clearing, and by sticking our heads in the sand wishing the problem would go away. 

Well the dope comment was uncalled for....my apologies

But the highlighted above is what it was trying to refer to...in dopiness.

I do not stick my haed in the sand, and am only asking you to see the WHOLE picture...

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

It has not gone unnoticed that you have not, not even once, addressed the issue's raised in the report.  All you have done is try to muddy the waters with insignificant crap that is easily dismissed and take the conversation away from what the point of the report is all about. 

Gave you a whole 5 minute clip that tears it to shreds....guess you did not watch it...and have ZERO retort.

you want me to post it in text here?

You must have missed all the same data the IPCC did....

We can go thru one by one to see just how much you are excluding if you like... 

33 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

There you go again.  Not making any sense and not addressing anything.  Cherios's?  <<just showing how you are majoring in a minor...and have ignored the glyphosate poisoning in your own breakfast. 

When did I say that dumping millions of tons of metal is less harmful than some CO2?  I didn't, you just make shit up and that was not addressed by me at any time. <<again speaks to priorities

Propaganda by whom? government, academia, and industry For what purpose?  usually just money.What ball?  How you are being presently poisoned yet worry about prognostication. You are not doing very well and I think you should just let these conversations be had by adultsIt's ok you don't have to leave for the kiddie table lol..

Who were the paid politicians that wrote the report, that you didn't read? read it long before you posted it...when do you actually plan on reading it?

What are you babbling about?  What politicians are you talking about.  There you go again.  <<not politicians... I prefer non-sponsored scientists for my references....not many (if any) to be found in your reference ...

so as not to be unresponsive ^^^^