Demarkcus Bowman Lakeland RB

badrouter

Bowman (c/o 2020) is by far and away the best RB to ever play for the Dreadnaughts. Comparable 100m speed with Chris Rainey, but he adds about 30 lbs. of muscle and runs much better in traffic. If Lakeland is to go 15-0 and knock off Plant, Columbia and STA, they'll have to ride him and their defense. Here are seven games worth of highlights from this season. http://www.hudl.com/v/2AMyxN

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Bowman (c/o 2020) is by far and away the best RB to ever play for the Dreadnaughts. Comparable 100m speed with Chris Rainey, but he adds about 30 lbs. of muscle and runs much better in traffic. If Lakeland is to go 15-0 and knock off Plant, Columbia and STA, they'll have to ride him and their defense. Here are seven games worth of highlights from this season. http://www.hudl.com/v/2AMyxN

You ain't kidding homeboy can scoot.  He must have crazy offers. Only a junior too. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

You ain't kidding homeboy can scoot.  He must have crazy offers. Only a junior too. 

Yeah he's been offered by everyone. Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas all of the Florida schools etc. I think switching to #3 this year makes him look smaller than he is. He looked bigger last season in #22 lol. He's officially averaging 13 yards a carry and he's got  22 rushing TDs on only 90 carries.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Yeah he's been offered by everyone. Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas all of the Florida schools etc. I think switching to #3 this year makes him look smaller than he is. He looked bigger last season in #22 lol. He's officially averaging 13 yards a carry and he's got  22 rushing TDs on only 90 carries.

That's some crazy ass #'s.  He's only listed at 5'11 186, which realistically is 5'9 170 or so.  But, he is slick and smooth. 

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

I don't see it.  From that footage, he's not better than Rainey.  The kid is just out running weak defense's.  His speed is legit that is all I can tell from that footage.  Truth be told Rainey wasn't the best back on his team.  Jamar Taylor was the grits.

54 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I don't see it.  From that footage, he's not better than Rainey.  The kid is just out running weak defense's.  His speed is legit that is all I can tell from that footage.  Truth be told Rainey wasn't the best back on his team.  Jamar Taylor was the grits.

Bowman is a much more complete back. Watching him the last couple years, just as I watched Rainey and Taylor, he is clearly ahead of those guys. His highlights from last year against Plant may be even more impressive as he made the tough runs as a sophomore. I grant you that it can be tough to tell when he's just running away from people. But, there's a reason why he's rated much more highly and as a RB than Rainey or Taylor were. Nick Saban, Harbaugh, Georgia being after him with no question as to his position is telling. He has the speed of Rainey and power that may be on par with Taylor. http://www.hudl.com/v/28NB9v

24 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Bowman is a much more complete back. Watching him the last couple years, just as I watched Rainey and Taylor, he is clearly ahead of those guys. His highlights from last year against Plant may be even more impressive as he made the tough runs as a sophomore. I grant you that it can be tough to tell when he's just running away from people. But, there's a reason why he's rated much more highly and as a RB than Rainey or Taylor were. Nick Saban, Harbaugh, Georgia being after him with no question as to his position is telling. He has the speed of Rainey and power that may be on par with Taylor. http://www.hudl.com/v/28NB9v

We'll have to wait and see my guy.  You got a much closer look at them than I do but I was able to see Rainey and Taylor live up in Cincinnati.  Rainey was bottled up in the run game but Taylor was a dog and grind out over 100 yards against one of the best defense's in Ohio at the time. 

16 hours ago, badrouter said:

Thanks. I love these videos. Will be following this guy as he progresses. But...

He's unorthodox -- carries the ball in his left hand. I see future psychologist visits. Southpaws are quite often whack.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Surprised to see Taylor's name brought up - my team went against him in college while he was at USF after transferring from Alabama. .  He was really a good back - even in college he had a real high YPC.  He was NFL talent - I think had issues at USF with coach or grades - they never got him the ball enough

8 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Lol check his 247 measurements theyre are 99% correct its not hudl. Hes legit 5’11

Yeah, I mean if you're taking 2 inches and 25 lbs. off of every player's listing, well, ok. But, seems odd to take two inches and 25 lbs. off one guy and then compare him to others as they are listed.

First this Lakeland defense is better than the one who held STA to negative yards at state now a RB better than Rainey??

If this is the case we should just cancel the rest of 7a playoffs and hand Lakeland the state title because no one would have a hope of coming within 50 points of them if all this is true

While we at it we need to put Lakeland to number 1 nationally

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

First this Lakeland defense is better than the one who held STA to negative yards at state now a RB better than Rainey??

If this is the case we should just cancel the rest of 7a playoffs and hand Lakeland the state title because no one would have a hope of coming within 50 points of them if all this is true

While we at it we need to put Lakeland to number 1 nationally

Yes, this Lakeland defense is better than that one. Comfortably. But the Columbia and STA offenses of this year are better than 2004 STA offense, also likely by big margins.

Yes, better RB and possibly better OL. QB has been disappointing thus far. If the hamstring injury wasn't to explain for it and he's really what he's shown to be, Lakeland will be one dimensional on O, which means they'd have to win a defensive strugge vs. STA and a couple others. Highly doubt Columbia could keep Bowman under 200 yds and 3-4 TDs though assuming they score ~20 or more points and play up-tempo.