wrestling fans - season is upon

sausmann9

The first practice for the 2018-19 PIAA wrestling season is just more than a month away, but there are several national high school wrestling tournaments of interest until then.

The Journeymen Fall Classic wrapped up last weekend in Schenectady, N.Y., with 10 locals grabbing medals.

Dark Knights Savage Nationals, which will conduct tournaments for youth through high school for boys as well as a girls division, are Saturday, Oct. 20, at Freedom High School

The Super 32 tournament is Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 27-28, in Greensboro, N.C., with many of the area’s top wrestlers entered in one of the nation’s best events.

The first Surge, conducted by PA Power Wrestling, is Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 3-4, at the University of Pitt-Johnstown.

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Schenectady. I heard of that school. Came to Florida back in the 90's for a football bowl game. 

Wrestling is huge in the Northeast and Midwest. Has Brandon,FL ever went up there and competed? 

I believe there was a florida team who came to bergen catholic for the #1 duals last year 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I believe there was a florida team who came to bergen catholic for the #1 duals last year 

Florida's 2017 #1 team Lake Highland prep came up to the duals in 2018 and well...they showed up.

Not sure how they finished in Fl this past year tho…

Not sure but thinking Brandon may have dropped off a little bit...

Was going to say that the real SEASON does not start until Beast of the East.....but wowser, just looked and they have pushed it back to starting Dec 21st?!?   Jeeze teams better get some kind of dual meets in before then.....

BTW HSFB: another winter sport has started and it looks like NYU has picked up a superfrosh (from California) to replace their 25yo ringer.  He beat their whole team in the first dual.  No meets for us, but he's practicing at Princeton U. with them because our pool was not ready yet....countdown at 3 weeks...   

• Like 1

Just now, Troll said:

Florida's 2017 #1 team Lake Highland prep came up to the duals in 2018 and well...they showed up.

Not sure how they finished in Fl this past year tho…

Not sure but thinking Brandon may have dropped off a little bit...

Was going to say that the real SEASON does not start until Beast of the East.....but wowser, just looked and they have pushed it back to starting Dec 21st?!?   Jeeze teams better get some kind of dual meets in before then.....

BTW HSFB: another winter sport has started and it looks like NYU has picked up a superfrosh to replace their 25yo ringer.  He beat their whole team in the first dual.  No meets for us, but he's practicing at Princeton U. with them because our pool was not ready yet....countdown at 3 weeks...   

Wow.....rowan competes against NYU this year as well. NYU knows how to reload at that position. A former rowan diver that I know has a possible job opportunity at marshall university 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Wow.....rowan competes against NYU this year as well. NYU knows how to reload at that position. A former rowan diver that I know has a possible job opportunity at marshall university 

That's why I said it, was thinking Rowan would take it this year, but now maybe advantage NYU....

Mike should be a senior this year and is not listed on your roster ?!?,  If he does not go, no way you have the depth...

Unless of course they are still playing the same tricks like they did w/your bro...LOL🤣

1 minute ago, Troll said:

That's why I said it, was thinking Rowan would take it this year, but now maybe advantage NYU....

Mike should be a senior this year and is not listed on your roster ?!?,  If he does not go, no way you have the depth...

Unless of course they are still playing the same tricks like they did w/your bro...LOL🤣

Idk if Mike is still around to be honest. They didnt play tricks with mu brother. He wasnt able to dive for most of the season. He came back for TCNJ

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idk if Mike is still around to be honest. They didnt play tricks with mu brother. He wasnt able to dive for most of the season. He came back for TCNJ

I know they weren't intentionally playing games....just gotta rub em for not keeping their roster up....LOL

your bro was not listed this time last year either, yet we all knew. 😁  I've got no clue with Mike either, he was pretty injured up, and don't blame him if he skips it.  Still gotta scout out the competition though 😄.  will find out in a couple weeks.

Just now, Troll said:

I know they weren't intentionally playing games....just gotta rub em for not keeping their roster up....LOL

your bro was not listed this time last year either, yet we all knew. 😁  I've got no clue with Mike either, he was pretty injured up, and don't blame him if he skips it.  Still gotta scout out the competition though 😄.  will find out in a couple weeks.

Lmaoooo I see tcnj needs an asst swim coach. Maybe I'll throw my name in the hat. I have coaching experience and I swam at the college level. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Lmaoooo I see tcnj needs an asst swim coach. Maybe I'll throw my name in the hat. I have coaching experience and I swam at the college level. 

New guy is still building a new staff there, seems like a good guy.....

But based on some of the other hires your gonna need a pretty strong resume

On 10/11/2018 at 11:49 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Schenectady. I heard of that school. Came to Florida back in the 90's for a football bowl game. 

Wrestling is huge in the Northeast and Midwest. Has Brandon,FL ever went up there and competed? 

I believe they have in 2011 and 2012 in The Clash tournament in Minnesota. 

http://results.clashmn.com/Clash11/Day2.htm

http://results.clashmn.com/ClashX/MasterDay2.htm

• Like 1