Donkey Senate prospects in freefall

Bormio

Beto is fading in Texas, Bredesen fading, GOP may be leading in tough races in Az and Nevada.  The ND gal appears to be done.  Missouri is looking very dicey for the Dems.  Manchin’s lead in WV has narrowed.  And this does not include winnable races for the GOP in Florida and Indiana.  And if this change in polling is correct, hard to believe it does not bleed over into House races and limit Dem gains.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Beto is fading in Texas, Bredesen fading, GOP may be leading in tough races in Az and Nevada.  The ND gal appears to be done.  Missouri is looking very dicey for the Dems.  Manchin’s lead in WV has narrowed.  And this does not include winnable races for the GOP in Florida and Indiana.  And if this change in polling is correct, hard to believe it does not bleed over into House races and limit Dem gains.

Too early to call.  Those polled are likely voters, doesn't account for the surge in new voter registrants over the last midterm election.  That increase has come from our (Texas) large Hispanic population.  We'll see how,it plays out and I'd they show up at the polls. 

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Too early to call.  Those polled are likely voters, doesn't account for the surge in new voter registrants over the last midterm election.  That increase has come from our (Texas) large Hispanic population.  We'll see how,it plays out and I'd they show up at the polls. 

Beto is done - book it

Nothing a white conservative voter hates more than a preachy white liberal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Beto is done - book it

you obviously don't know the demographics of Texas.  You pulled this off one publication and ran with it.  (Confirmation bias)The fact it's this close in a red state should open eyes.  Like I've said, the Hispanic population holds the key, if they turn out and vote democrat,  Beto has a huge chance.

Record number of Dem votes in the primaries account for a lot.   

Just now, Horsefly said:

you obviously don't know the demographics of Texas.  You pulled this off one publication and ran with it.  (Confirmation bias)The fact it's this close in a red state should open eyes.  Like I've said, the Hispanic population holds the key, if they turn out and vote democrat,  Beto has a huge chance.

The GOP primary totals still swamped the Dem vote totals

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Why would Hispanics vote Democrat when they are making the most amount of money and have the lowest unemployment under a Republican? Would they like to go back to where they were?

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It's not trumps approval rating that matters, its Cruz among Hispanic voters and Cruz Hispanic support is far less than any republican, state or federal.  They still vote majority democrat.

https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/editorials/article213732994.html

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It's not trumps approval rating that matters, its Cruz among Hispanic voters and Cruz Hispanic support is far less than any republican, state or federal.  They still vote majority democrat.

https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/editorials/article213732994.html

Which is absolutely dumb on their part. Cruz was +9 today over likely voters which as you know doesnt include everyone 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Which is absolutely dumb on their part. Cruz was +9 today over likely voters which as you know doesnt include everyone 

Yes, based on "likely voters".  Everyone already knows TX is a red state, that stat is not surprising at this time.  Texas is also open voting, so how we vote in the primaries is not necessarily reflective of how we vote in the general.  There can be flopping from one party to the next.

my whole point is it's premature, let's see who shows up at the polls.  (15M registered voters is a hell of a lot) Cruz is far from a fan favorite. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yes, based on "likely voters".  Everyone already knows TX is a red state, that stat is not surprising at this time.  Texas is also open voting, so how we vote in the primaries is not necessarily reflective of how we vote in the general.  There can be flopping from one party to the next.

my whole point is it's premature, let's see who shows up at the polls.  (15M registered voters is a hell of a lot) Cruz is far from a fan favorite. 

Oh I agree with you. I said before if your Republicans you cant be complacent. Have to do more ground work all the way to November 6th. 

21 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Quinnipiac has Beto’s FAVORABILITY underwater.  Not where a challenger wants to be versus an incumbent.

Relatively meaningless right now.  Surprisingly, Beto is still widely unknown in TX , when he does his nationally televised townhall next week, more of him will be revealed (good or bad). 

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Relatively meaningless right now.  Surprisingly, Beto is still widely unknown in TX , when he does his nationally televised townhall next week, more of him will be revealed (good or bad). 

If he is unknown after all the money he is spent, he should fire someone.

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Horsefly, are you voting for Robert Francis of the Rourkes? 

If so, why? 

Undecided.  I like his position on education in less standardized testing and placing more control at the hands districts, also like his work with veterans and advocating for choices to mental health care.  I believe in a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants that are contributing to society, but not having an open border. I'm cautious on his universal healthcare and broadening  higher education opportunities...those are costly in the short run.

but my main thing is I like a diversity of thought, Cruz is a "yes" man just going along with the party line.  That's bs in any organization, I like a person that is more independent in their thought.