SJR vs BOSCO

SJR89

trying to figure out which team will show up for each school.....if SJR plays at it's best it should win the game....look for a bounce back win at Bosco...Defense will set the tone of the game with the 3 headed running attack setting up the pass....seems simple.  one thing is for certain, BC found two chinks in the SJR defense last Saturday.....RB matchups deep and the iso long balls on a one particular CB on SJR.  

21- 14  SJR 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

trying to figure out which team will show up for each school.....if SJR plays at it's best it should win the game....look for a bounce back win at Bosco...Defense will set the tone of the game with the 3 headed running attack setting up the pass....seems simple.  one thing is for certain, BC found two chinks in the SJR defense last Saturday.....RB matchups deep and the iso long balls on a one particular CB on SJR.  

21- 14  SJR 

Very hard to run on bosco at least from what I've seen. I think sjr is the fav but wouldnt surprise me if bosco won

20 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Very hard to run on bosco at least from what I've seen. I think sjr is the fav but wouldnt surprise me if bosco won

What do you consider when you declare a team hard to run on. No sarcasm involved.  I'm aware that people have different benchmarks for what they determine as difficult.

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was hoping to see the battle of the running backs. In my opinion this is a battle between two of the best RB units in North Jersey if not the state. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

What do you consider when you declare a team hard to run on. No sarcasm involved.  I'm aware that people have different benchmarks for what they determine as difficult.

When I saw Byrnes play bosco they were lucky to avg 3 yards a carry if not less. Byrnes was repeatedly hit at the LOS or behind it 

50 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

When I saw Byrnes play bosco they were lucky to avg 3 yards a carry if not less. Byrnes was repeatedly hit at the LOS or behind it 

Bergen avg 5.2yds per carry, and SPP avg 6+yds per carry. Now ofcourse this has nothing to do with Joe's but I think Joe's has a better running than the two listed above.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Bergen avg 5.2yds per carry, and SPP avg 6+yds per carry. Now ofcourse this has nothing to do with Joe's but I think Joe's has a better running than the two listed above.

Well that is a lot. So not as good of a run defense as when I saw them. If sjr averages 5-6 ypc they win the game barring any TOs or something of that nature. 

I'll tell you SJR this is a real gut check game for the Green Knights..coming off that really tough loss at home and Bosco getting really tired of losing all of these close games to their rivals. For SJR this game is just as much a psychological one as a physical one. I will agree with you that SJR has to keep this pretty simple and ground and pound. HSBFAN is right though in my opinion, both teams want to run but that is the strength of both defenses, whoever can throw the best wins this game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I'll tell you SJR this is a real gut check game for the Green Knights..coming off that really tough loss at home and Bosco getting really tired of losing all of these close games to their rivals. For SJR this game is just as much a psychological one as a physical one. I will agree with you that SJR has to keep this pretty simple and ground and pound. HSBFAN is right though in my opinion, both teams want to run but that is the strength of both defenses, whoever can throw the best wins this game.

Passing game I agree is absolutely the key as well as turnovers. Who ever wins the TO battle will have a big advantage 

16 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Couldn't have said it better. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Passing game I agree is absolutely the key as well as turnovers. Who ever wins the TO battle will have a big advantage 

Coming into the season I thought the passing game would be a strength of Joe's, so far it has been a work in progress at best. You just dont know which passing game you're going to get from Joe's.  When the QB plays to his potential it's a scary sight. Based on your report, Joe's fans better pray tonight's one of his on nights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Coming into the season I thought the passing game would be a strength of Joe's, so far it has been a work in progress at best. You just dont know which passing game you're going to get from Joe's.  When the QB plays to his potential it's a scary sight. Based on your report, Joe's fans better pray tonight's one of his on nights.

That's what I was thinking leading into this game. That its gonna be on alaimo if SJR cant run the ball. And if hes not on bosco can take it. Its gonna be loud at grant all. Beautiful night for football. I'll be there tonight. Cant miss this matchup. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

That's what I was thinking leading into this game. That its gonna be on alaimo if SJR cant run the ball. And if hes not on bosco can take it. Its gonna be loud at grant all. Beautiful night for football. I'll be there tonight. Cant miss this matchup. 

Family dinner at Maggiano's. Will be sneaking away to watch from my phone.

in bosco games I've seen their pass rush has been mediocre at best.  Last week they got close to Maynor a number of times but he scrambled very effectively,  was never sacked or even tackled for a loss (that's where a lot of those 6+ yds/carry came from).  Not sure how good a runner/scrambler Alaimo is, not as good as Maynor I suppose, but if he's got decent legs and bosco's DL can't get some pressure on him and containment, I'd say sjr wins.  For a bosco win, a lot of things have to go right that haven't that often this year...the DL/LBs must get some sacks, their smallish CBs (maybe with some help from windy conditions) will have to win their matchups, and the OL has to consistently open holes for Berger and Monangai.  Either way, it should be a relatively low scoring game, which I guess gives bosco at least a puncher's chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taojoe said:

in bosco games I've seen their pass rush has been mediocre at best.  Last week they got close to Maynor a number of times but he scrambled very effectively,  was never sacked or even tackled for a loss (that's where a lot of those 6+ yds/carry came from).  Not sure how good a runner/scrambler Alaimo is, not as good as Maynor I suppose, but if he's got decent legs and bosco's DL can't get some pressure on him and containment, I'd say sjr wins.  For a bosco win, a lot of things have to go right that haven't that often this year...the DL/LBs must get some sacks, their smallish CBs (maybe with some help from windy conditions) will have to win their matchups, and the OL has to consistently open holes for Berger and Monangai.  Either way, it should be a relatively low scoring game, which I guess gives bosco at least a puncher's chance.

see you tonight?