The Economist's View of DJT

DarterBlue

15 hours ago, concha said:

The Economist is a European and left-leaning publication by American standards. Though you are so far left that might not be true in your case.

You are something else. The Economist, together with the Financial Times, are two of the preeminent, capitalist publications of Great Britain. You said you lived there for awhile. So, you of all people should know. But you are so far right, I guess anything not put out by Breitbart or Fox would be leftist to you. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You are something else. The Economist, together with the Financial Times, are two of the preeminent, capitalist publications of Great Britain. You said you lived there for awhile. So, you of all people should know. But you are so far right, I guess anything not put out by Breitbart or Fox would be leftist to you. 

He's not something else.

He's a moron with NO shame.

I think you are starting to see that.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-economist/

22 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

A fine piece written by a revered, international publication, hardly of the left, as it is very pro capitalist. 

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/11/03/why-the-mid-terms-matter

Not a very flattering picture, but very honest in its perspective. 

All the time I've been on this board I never realized there was an "off-topic forum" lol that's great.  

You can just sum up any US polictician for the last 30 years with the same description.....Increase debt and the monetary base to keep asset prices in a bubble so everyone thinks things are great. Meanwhile, living standards for the huge majority get worse and worse.  What does it matter if you blow bubbles by keeping rates at zero for your entire administration and printing record amounts of money  (Obama) or if you do it by playing Santa Claus and cutting taxes while increasing spending at the same time (Trump) and talking up the same economy and gov't stats you bashed as a candidate but now because you are president everything is great and the stats have merit.    

These guys are all slime bottom line.  This game can go on so long as the dollar remains the reserve in addition to countries having to swap local to obtain dollars for oil purchases.  Once this comes to an end so goes the current situation of the US beining able to live way beyond its means - it's a shame but we have no one else to thank for it than these dirtbag politicians

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

All the time I've been on this board I never realized there was an "off-topic forum" lol that's great.  

You can just sum up any US polictician for the last 30 years with the same description.....Increase debt and the monetary base to keep asset prices in a bubble so everyone thinks things are great. Meanwhile, living standards for the huge majority get worse and worse.  What does it matter if you blow bubbles by keeping rates at zero for your entire administration and printing record amounts of money  (Obama) or if you do it by playing Santa Claus and cutting taxes while increasing spending at the same time (Trump) and talking up the same economy and gov't stats you bashed as a candidate but now because you are president everything is great and the stats have merit.    

These guys are all slime bottom line.  This game can go on so long as the dollar remains the reserve in addition to countries having to swap local to obtain dollars for oil purchases.  Once this comes to an end so goes the current situation of the US beining able to live way beyond its means - it's a shame but we have no one else to thank for it than these dirtbag politicians

You know what.  This sentence would make a good song title.  I could see someone like Taylor Swift or 50 cent singing it.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

A fine piece written by a revered, international publication, hardly of the left, as it is very pro capitalist. 

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/11/03/why-the-mid-terms-matter

Not a very flattering picture, but very honest in its perspective. 

The Author suggests that a Democratic win in either or both chambers of Congress would help lessen the ideological gap between the two parties, and maybe force the president to change some of his views and actions, thus changing the course of our nation.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing both parties make decisions in a bipartisan way.   However, I doubt that this will happen with the House turning into a democratic majority.  More likely the Democrats will be start impeachment talks again, and nothing will get done.  As usual.

To get the parties to start making decisions in a bipartisan manner, in my opinion, is to start electing more Independents into office.  If enough Independents were in office then the moderate leaning politicians just might start showing some backbone.  However, even that may not be enough since the ideological divide is too great right now, and the moderate leaning Congressmen and Senators are having their arms twisted to vote along party lines; not only by other politicians, but by the media, organizations, PACs, and lobbyists.  Maybe, it would be a good idea to curb or even get rid of these outside influencers as well.

I know that I sound pessimistic; but I hate to get my hopes up about something that will likely not happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohio said:

You know what.  This sentence would make a good song title.  I could see someone like Taylor Swift or 50 cent singing it.

Hopefully more people realize it and stop placing so much faith in them regardless of the party (probably doubtful)

The best thing they can do is clam up and minimize their influence on just about everything (yea right lol - even though that's the premise this country was founded on  it's been a long time since we've had a president who gave credit to the people......rather it's all "I did this, and I did that"  SMH

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Hopefully more people realize it and stop placing so much faith in them regardless of the party (probably doubtful)

The best thing they can do is clam up and minimize their influence on just about everything (yea right lol - even though that's the premise this country was founded on  it's been a long time since we've had a president who gave credit to the people......rather it's all "I did this, and I did that"  SMH

It's not only the President and politicians, it's also the media.  Political ideologies are hammered on television, radio, print, religious services, organizations, clubs,  the web, at work, and even at home. 

You're right, it's better to clam up about politics and do  and think about other things that you can influence.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

He's not something else.

He's a moron with NO shame.

I think you are starting to see that.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-economist/

stop making this mistake

he is amoral and is seriously psychologically  sick but he is no moron. 

Look at all the good people he has led straight to hell. It is not many men in history who could do this in mass. 

The man has genius if you understand that genius is limited and generally confined to but a few areas of ability. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

stop making this mistake

he is amoral and is seriously psychologically  sick but he is no moron. 

Look at all the good people he has led straight to hell. It is not many men in history who could do this in mass. 

The man has genius if you understand that genius is limited and generally confined to but a few areas of ability. 

I think he was referring to Concha.  

Btw, He is not a genius but instead came at the right time in history.

😜 

I mean How much of a genius do you have to be in order to be bad at lying/business/husband/human being/reading/and unable to think of anybody but self?  He does have a gift though at understanding and manipulating fear and hate with his base.

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I mean How much of a genius do you have to be in order to be bad at lying/business/husband/human being/reading/and unable to think of anybody but self?  He does have a gift though at understanding and manipulating fear and hate with his base.

and my contention is that this along with his ability to self promote, in mass, makes HIM a perfect storm which equates to genius.

We think of the great composers as "genius." But what they did was spend a lifetime in practice of there craft, as has Trump. No different. 

Time and place make it possible for us all to beware of his genius but time and place did not create it. He did.

Genius IS created, contrary to myth. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

and my contention is that this along with his ability to self promote, in mass, makes HIM a perfect storm which equates to genius.

We think of the great composers as "genius." But what they did was spend a lifetime in practice of there craft, as has Trump. No different. 

Time and place make it possible for us all to beware of his genius but time and place did not create it. He did.

Genius IS created, contrary to myth. 

I am mostly in agreement with you. DJT has the capacity to get away with what very, very few other humans could get away with. In that sense, he possesses a degree of genius. He has been constantly underrated by his foes and this has enabled him to vanquish them. 

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

He was lying. He never lived there.

Then he is worse than I thought he was. Whenever I have dropped personal stuff on this board, I have never lied. I hesitate to say a whole lot about myself, as many things I consider personal. But what I have revealed about me is 100% true. 

Why he would lie about something like that, I fail to comprehend.