Folsom to play Central (Fresno) in NorCal Regional Bowl

TheHotisBlock

4 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

For those that only saw the final score of Folsom's Section Final match up against Monterey Trail, it was a 1 score game at half.

MT had an XP blocked that would have tied the game at 14 with just over 5 min to go. Then reached the Folsom 10 but threw an INT into the end zone on a halfback toss pass with under :30 to go in the half. Folsom led 21-13 heading to the locker room but was a play away from a 1 point or even tie game.

Point is, if MT can hang for a half there's no reason to believe Central-Fresno can't do the same or perhaps even better. As good as Folsom is, they are sometimes guilty of going through the motions. If they do that against their next opponent, they may very well find themselves in a game.

Agreed. They’d better be focused. Central believes they can win and they’re at home. Close, high-scoring game.

The result of the MT game speaks more to me about halftime adjustments vs. how good MT is. I firmly believe if Folsom comes out firing on all cylinders that this game wont be as close as many think.

You will have a hard time convincing me this Central team is better than last years and clearly Folsom is better this year compared to last year. Not saying Folsom is going to blowout Central, but believe they win this one with ease

1 hour ago, nascar624 said:

The result of the MT game speaks more to me about halftime adjustments vs. how good MT is. I firmly believe if Folsom comes out firing on all cylinders that this game wont be as close as many think.

You will have a hard time convincing me this Central team is better than last years and clearly Folsom is better this year compared to last year. Not saying Folsom is going to blowout Central, but believe they win this one with ease

Agreed. I think Folsom is more than capable of blowing Central out of the water. They were more than capable of scoring on and beating DLS too. But they didn't do it. My point about the MT game is that as good as this Folsom team is -- they sometimes under perform.

So while I know Folsom could beat Central by 50, I also know they could screw around for a half and make Central feel like they can win more than they already do now. If Folsom jumps on them right our of the gate, that belief will sink like stone. But if they don't, Central is much more capable of hurting Folsom than MT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Agreed. I think Folsom is more than capable of blowing Central out of the water. They were more than capable of scoring on and beating DLS too. But they didn't do it. My point about the MT game is that as good as this Folsom team is -- they sometimes under perform.

So while I know Folsom could beat Central by 50, I also know they could screw around for a half and make Central feel like they can win more than they already do now. If Folsom jumps on them right our of the gate, that belief will sink like stone. But if they don't, Central is much more capable of hurting Folsom than MT.

Agreed 100 percent.

Folsom can very well blow out this team, or it may be close for a half, or even the entire game. The x factor here is the game will be played in Fresno. If you caught any of the Central/Buchanan game, that place was packed and loud! It will be a great home field advantage for Central and one of the biggest HS games ever in that area. It should be fun.

I still stand by my prediction of Folsom 52-20is, but wouldn't surprised to see Central in the 30s or Folsom in the 60s.

Best game of the weekend here! Get it while its hot!

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

45-42 Folsom. Maybe 52-42. Something like that. This is going to be a great game. Central is better than Helix. Folsom is better than last year’s Folsom. I hope it’s streamed somehow. 😎

I don't know if we can take your predictions seriously- you lost most of your street cred when you predicted Jesuit was a "great team," and predicted Folsom would have a tough time with them.

If you think Folsom will only win by 3- judging by your talent evaluation of Jesuit this year- Folsom wins big!

Best game of the weekend!

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Blueliner said:

Yes the good news is that both games are this weekend. But there’s absolutely nothing to compare. I see where you’re going with this. MD and Central are two different animals. 

Oh yes there is. I have a feeling Folsom/Central will be a classic. Two top 10 teams going at it, as will be the case with the DLS/MD game. Can't get much better than that.

How do you feel about your evaluation of Central Catholic after they lost to Del Oro?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Negative. UCD is D2. SJSU is D1. Although, UCD will often play Cal and/or Stanford during their pre-season schedule. Decent team for D2.

With the new recruits UCD has coming in, and with returning players, they are one of the better D2 teams around! They beat SJSU this year which has a few DLS alum on the squad :)

Don't forget- Folsom's head coach's son plays for UCD!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Oh yes there is. I have a feeling Folsom/Central will be a classic. Two top 10 teams going at it, as will be the case with the DLS/MD game. Can't get much better than that.

How do you feel about your evaluation of Central Catholic after they lost to Del Oro?

I never thought they were THAT great. But decent. Great uniforms, though. They had a couple of players, but in general were just a very solid NorCal team. Same goes for DO. Good win for them. The gap is wide after DLS, Folsom, and Central. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

I never thought they were THAT great. But decent. Great uniforms, though. They had a couple of players, but in general were just a very solid NorCal team. Same goes for DO. Good win for them. The gap is wide after DLS, Folsom, and Central. 

I agree. I am VERY intrigued by Central. They're stats are off the charts and they have some very good wins to include the spanking of Buchanan. I think they have flown under the radar simply to geography. That game will be electric on Friday night!

How lucky are we as NorCal fans to get these two games this weekend!?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

With the new recruits UCD has coming in, and with returning players, they are one of the better D2 teams around! They beat SJSU this year which has a few DLS alum on the squad :)

Don't forget- Folsom's head coach's son plays for UCD!

Yep. SJSU is at the bottom end of D1 whereas UCD is a top end D2. Probably not much difference in program levels. If this were pro soccer, SJSU would be in danger of relegation every year. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

I agree. I am VERY intrigued by Central. They're stats are off the charts and they have some very good wins to include the spanking of Buchanan. I think they have flown under the radar simply to geography. That game will be electric on Friday night!

How lucky are we as NorCal fans to get these two games this weekend!?

Their stats aren’t far off from Folsom’s. This will be a good game. Is it being streamed?

10 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

For those that only saw the final score of Folsom's Section Final match up against Monterey Trail, it was a 1 score game at half.

MT had an XP blocked that would have tied the game at 14 with just over 5 min to go. Then reached the Folsom 10 but threw an INT into the end zone on a halfback toss pass with under :30 to go in the half. Folsom led 21-13 heading to the locker room but was a play away from a 1 point or even tie game.

Point is, if MT can hang for a half there's no reason to believe Central-Fresno can't do the same or perhaps even better. As good as Folsom is, they are sometimes guilty of going through the motions. If they do that against their next opponent, they may very well find themselves in a game.

42 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter would be a legit mention as well.

Central is a top 10 team, as is Cathedral Catholic, per Calpreps.

Both will be beat on the road in back to back weeks.

After Folsom wins the next two games, they will have 4 wins over top 25 CA teams with a close loss to a national top 10 team: Central, Cathedral, Del Oro, Monterrey Trail. ALL ON THE ROAD OR ON NEUTRAL SITES.

Capture.PNG

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Central is a top 10 team, as is Cathedral Catholic, per Calpreps.

Both will be beat on the road in back to back weeks.

After Folsom wins the next two games, they will have 4 wins over top 25 CA teams with a close loss to a national top 10 team: Central, Cathedral, Del Oro, Monterrey Trail. ALL ON THE ROAD OR ON NEUTRAL SITES.

Capture.PNG

B317CFDD-1278-4D9B-83FA-F9D30D8F949D.gif