Folsom to play Central (Fresno) in NorCal Regional Bowl

TheHotisBlock

Should be a fun game down in Fresno! I see it being competitive early with Folsom pulling away.

Folsom 52-21.

Central is current ranked #10 in CA. Folsom is #5

Cathedral (Folsom's opponent in the SBG) is #9

A tough few weeks for the Bulldogs. Beating two top ten teams in the state of CA, back to back weeks, on the road, is tough on any team. Go Dawgs!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Should be a fun game down in Fresno! I see it being competitive early with Folsom pulling away.

Folsom 52-21.

A tough few weeks for the Bulldogs. Beating two top ten teams in the state of CA, back to back weeks, on the road, is tough on any team. Go Dawgs!

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

If Central is listed 10th, they’re really 6th

the teams that Cp most inflates in CA (for whatever reason) are Oaks, Mission Viejo, and JSerra. (6 thru 😎

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

If Central is listed 10th, they’re really 6th

I think they are much better than people think. They don't get a lot of run because of being in Fresno.

This game is sort of a no-win situation for Folsom. If Folsom steam rolls them, everyone will say "who is Central!?" (never mind they rolled Buchanan) If the game is close, they will say "Folsom is overrated, see I told you!"

With that said- I like the prediction of a Folsom 2-3 score win.

Folsom 52-21.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

It looked like a great game last year. I expect this one to be even closer, central will be one of the faster teams that Folsom plays this year. They both got great athletes on both sides of the ball. Definitely will be there. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Abel_559 said:

It looked like a great game last year. I expect this one to be even closer, central will be one of the faster teams that Folsom plays this year. They both got great athletes on both sides of the ball. Definitely will be there. 

It should be a dandy of a game! Not sure why this game isn't getting the exposure it should. Athletes all over the field for this one.

Folsom won last year in a shoot out, while young and relatively inexperienced. They will get it done on Friday, but the final score should be very interesting.

Folsom has looked a bit sloppy to start out the last few games. That could hurt against Central on Friday. If they clean it up, they could do some major damage.

• Like 1

It should be a dandy of a game! Not sure why this game isn't getting the exposure it should. Athletes all over the field for this one.

Folsom won last year in a shoot out, while young and relatively inexperienced. They will get it done on Friday, but the final score should be very interesting.

Folsom has looked a bit sloppy to start out the last few games. That could hurt against Central on Friday. If they clean it up, they could do some major damage.

7F162704-0C30-4EC2-B8DB-1A33139554BD.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

For once the CP rankings are accurate. I would just rotate Central and Cathedral. 

I wouldnt object to that — I feel fairly comfident Folsom will be challenges more in play in game

I’d be willing to concede central behind those three today, but I think margin between #6 and #10 is less than #5 and #6 

Plus Central is only one still playing and is a bit on house money — they could get crushed and drop to something like #15 in the state, but if they win, they ought to be top 5 

Imho a 1 to 14 point loss puts them in conversation w / JSerra MV Oaks 

fwiw just peeked at prepnation poll — Jamie has it (for “west” teams), JSerra #7 (behind the 5 CA teams plus St Louis), Oaks #8, Central #9

MV is 15th 

Cathedral 12th

folsom will get 2 very good tests just not a great one 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Plus Central is only one still playing and is a bit on house money — they could get crushed and drop to something like #15 in the state, but if they win, they ought to be top 5 

It’s gonna be like Tiger Woods playing some little kids at a miniature golf course.  He wouldn’t need to do much, and the result would never be in question.   

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s gonna be like Tiger Woods playing some little kids at a miniature golf course.  He wouldn’t need to do much, and the result would never be in question.   

Again, don't really disagree (although you're clearly exaggerating to make point)

That said, replace and insert JSerra/ Oaks/ Mission Viejo 

Central is pretty good -- I think DLS playing well now so made Liberty look bad sort of like you guys did Chandler, but I think Central has been clear #3 in NorCal for a couple of months -- since they beat Buchanan much more impressively than DLS

And Cathedral?  Well, they're the best team in SoCal not in SSD1 and better than half of them,

fwiw, just posted on another thread, but preparation imho best poll and Jamie has this for the west

1. MD
  2. SJB
  3. DLS
  4. St Louis
  5. CC
  6. Folsom
  7. JSerra
  8. Oaks
  9. Central

12. Cathedral Catholic

15. Mission Viejo

9 hours ago, Abel_559 said:

45-42 Folsom. Maybe 52-42. Something like that. This is going to be a great game. Central is better than Helix. Folsom is better than last year’s Folsom. I hope it’s streamed somehow. 😎

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

45-42 Folsom. Maybe 52-42. Something like that. This is going to be a great game. Central is better than Helix. Folsom is better than last year’s Folsom. I hope it’s streamed somehow. 😎

Should be streamed on NFHS. 

I don’t think Central is going to put that many points on folsoms d. Their defense is very underrated. I agree that this will be a fairly close game though especially since it’s at Fresno and that place is going to be rocking. I also just watched the tape on Central vs Buchanan and was shocked at how big their O line is. They have some absolute units on the line. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Should be streamed on NFHS. 

I don’t think Central is going to put that many points on folsoms d. Their defense is very underrated. I agree that this will be a fairly close game though especially since it’s at Fresno and that place is going to be rocking. I also just watched the tape on Central vs Buchanan and was shocked at how big their O line is. They have some absolute units on the line. 

These are arguably the two most potent offenses in NorCal. You can even argue maybe in the state. The game is in Fresno. The joint will be rockin’, you can bet you life on that. Folsom had better acknowledge that Central believes that they can win this game. If Folsom is focused, they’ll have too much for Central at the end of the day. That’s why this will be a great game imho.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

This is the Central team that rolled Buchanan. Buchanan barely lost to DLS by  a TD.

Central is legit. Trent Tompkins (QB) verbal commit to UC Davis as of yesterday. Dude can play.

Hale was out for the second half after scoring 28 in the first half against Buchannon. I assure you that the Hale you saw against Folsom isnt the same Hale today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Folsom 52-21.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Good post, but the score is going to be closer than that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

On another note- this should be a great game! A solid stream at the least! Should be fun live, best game of the weekend!

Although this will be a great game, youre  losing me. Don’t troll like that. The best game is CA’s 1 v 3. The Open game will ALWAYS be better than any other game. ALWAYS.

• Haha 1

For those that only saw the final score of Folsom's Section Final match up against Monterey Trail, it was a 1 score game at half.

MT had an XP blocked that would have tied the game at 14 with just over 5 min to go. Then reached the Folsom 10 but threw an INT into the end zone on a halfback toss pass with under :30 to go in the half. Folsom led 21-13 heading to the locker room but was a play away from a 1 point or even tie game.

Point is, if MT can hang for a half there's no reason to believe Central-Fresno can't do the same or perhaps even better. As good as Folsom is, they are sometimes guilty of going through the motions. If they do that against their next opponent, they may very well find themselves in a game.

• Like 1