Folsom to play Central (Fresno) in NorCal Regional Bowl

TheHotisBlock

22 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Every team in this thread is hot garbage. They would all get rolled by all the top dogs South of Georgia or East of Mobile,AL 👍🏻

The top dogs South of Georgia and east of Alabama would get demolished by the top dogs west of Arizona and south of Oregon 👍 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nor Cal guys tryna convince us that Central is a Fierce opponent and Top 10.

image.jpg

Just to be clear hear not all norcal guys are building Central up. In an earlier post in this thread I said this years Central isn't any better than last years and Folsom will roll if they come out firing on all cylinders.

Ignore the few posters who have agendas to build up certain teams for the benifit of the team they support.

I believe it will be a good game, but clearly the Open Championship game will draw more attention, regardless if DLS gets blown out or manages to make a game of it.

I think honestly the big appeal of the Open is seeing how DLS can do against MD since they haven't faced anyone of their caliber this season. They definitely need to bring more than what they brought against BG if they want to even consider making a game of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

Just to be clear hear not all norcal guys are building Central up. In an earlier post in this thread I said this years Central isn't any better than last years and Folsom will roll if they come out firing on all cylinders.

Ignore the few posters who have agendas to build up certain teams for the benifit of the team they support.

I believe it will be a good game, but clearly the Open Championship game will draw more attention, regardless if DLS gets blown out or manages to make a game of it.

I think honestly the big appeal of the Open is seeing how DLS can do against MD since they haven't faced anyone of their caliber this season. They definitely need to bring more than what they brought against BG if they want to even consider making a game of it.

Build them up? They are a top 10 team as listed, and referenced on Calpreps.

Nothing more, nothing less. 

Whenever you get TWO TOP TEN TEAMS playing each other in CA....it's a big deal. 

17 hours ago, nascar624 said:

The result of the MT game speaks more to me about halftime adjustments vs. how good MT is. I firmly believe if Folsom comes out firing on all cylinders that this game wont be as close as many think.

You will have a hard time convincing me this Central team is better than last years and clearly Folsom is better this year compared to last year. Not saying Folsom is going to blowout Central, but believe they win this one with ease

You’ll be in for a surprise Friday 😁

46 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Build them up? They are a top 10 team as listed, and referenced on Calpreps.

Nothing more, nothing less. 

Whenever you get TWO TOP TEN TEAMS playing each other in CA....it's a big deal. 

How can you tell Central is Top 10 when their best win is over the #27 team in Cali?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Chaminade was ranked as a top ten team in SoCal when they played Folsom. Not all of CA. 

Keep in mind, that ranking was a carryover from the prior year and was not adjusted for graduation losses etc.  Heck, I don’t think their ranking at the time moved after getting aced in the first round by 5-5 OLU last year.  

Plus, you’ve asserted quite a bit about certain teams being over-ranked, yet you’ll accept a ranking when it supports your narrative.

Folsom destroyed Chaminade, that is a fact.  However, at the time they played, Chaminade was realistically far from top 10 in either the SS or NorCal.  Bottom line still a good win for Folsom just not as significant for pollsters, that’s all.

I doubt Folsom had any idea at the time they scheduled them how bad they would be, any more than Cen10 knew Pittsburg would turn out to be, what # 100 or so in Nor Cal?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

Keep in mind, that ranking was a carryover from the prior year and was not adjusted for graduation losses etc.

False. I looked up the same LA times rankings from the start of the season. They were #12 to start, not #10, as they were the week they played Folsom. 

Plus, you’ve asserted quite a bit about certain teams being over-ranked, yet you’ll accept a ranking when it supports your narrative.

False. I always state the exact ranking that a team is, at that exact point in time, per the rankings source. I always post the source for reference, do I not? We don't all agree on rankings, but using them as a point of reference is generally valid. 

However, at the time they played, Chaminade was realistically far from top 10 in either the SS or NorCal.

Sure, in your opinion. But the source I used, shows differently. Does it matter? Probably not, but it's what we have to go off of. 

I doubt Folsom had any idea at the time they scheduled them how bad they would be, any more than Cen10 knew Pittsburg would turn out to be, what # 100 or so in Nor Cal?

You know how scheduling works. The myth that these teams are all out there conspiring and looking at how good teams will be this year, that year, forecasting graduations, etc.....is absolutely false an usually a narrative pushed by a handful of trolls on here that chase the same posters and teams around multiple forums, making themselves look like idiots. You get where I am going with this.

You & I both agree that Folsom/Cen10 would have been a match up for the ages this year and that's all that matters. 

So if Central was undefeated why are they not getting an opportunity to play DLS?   Why not make the north bracket the best teams from all sections?   Kind of dumb MD gets a chance to play SJB again yet a team like Folsom doesn't, or that there are teams that might be undefeated and not given the chance.   

So if there's a really good lesser name brand Central/North Cali team that's having a special year they basically have no shot to rep the open.   Correct?  

Then they get moved up after they lose most of that special team and get blasted probably lol.   Someone link me California playoffs/divisions for dummies so I can further understand please! 

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

So if Central was undefeated why are they not getting an opportunity to play DLS?   Why not make the north bracket the best teams from all sections?   Kind of dumb MD gets a chance to play SJB again yet a team like Folsom doesn't, or that there are teams that might be undefeated and not given the chance.   

They don't play in the same section as DLS and there is no open regional in NorCal.

It sucks. There should always be an open regional no matter what year or what team is hot, and who is not. The rule does add some balance throughout the SBGs, but leaves much to be desired otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

NM I'm going to start a new thread.  I feel like I've been putting off trying to figure it out, but no more!

In a nutshell, Socal's top teams all play in the same section whereas the top teams in NorCal are spread out over 3 different sections.

DLS is always a lock to win NCS and with their history of consistency they have earned the NorCal open bid almost every year. This leaves the other 2 main section winners battling it out to represent NorCal for the D-1AA bowl.

These state bowl championship games are fairly new and California has always been controlled by the different sections rather then a state governing board. This has left our state playoff system much to be desired...

I am sure one of the California rule gurus can give you a lot more specifics!

On 12/3/2018 at 11:07 PM, ThunderRam said:

Agreed. I think Folsom is more than capable of blowing Central out of the water. They were more than capable of scoring on and beating DLS too. But they didn't do it. My point about the MT game is that as good as this Folsom team is -- they sometimes under perform.

So while I know Folsom could beat Central by 50, I also know they could screw around for a half and make Central feel like they can win more than they already do now. If Folsom jumps on them right our of the gate, that belief will sink like stone. But if they don't, Central is much more capable of hurting Folsom than MT.

This year?

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

This year?

The game I watched, yes.

DLS barely moved the ball the 1st half and easily could have been down 14-0 if not for the incorrect fumble ruling and Joe Ngata's misalignment. Wouldn't that qualify as capable of scoring the ball and possibly winning?

DLS won the game the way things played out. But it easily could have gone the other way if those calls had gone the other way. And DLS/NCS fans would be ones saying that the game could have gone the other way. IMO that just proves how razor thin the margin of victory/defeat really was.

DLS fans are familiar with the POV because they've been on the other end of it e.g., Euless Trinity.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

In a nutshell, Socal's top teams all play in the same section whereas the top teams in NorCal are spread out over 3 different sections.

DLS is always a lock to win NCS and with their history of consistency they have earned the NorCal open bid almost every year. This leaves the other 2 main section winners battling it out to represent NorCal for the D-1AA bowl.

These state bowl championship games are fairly new and California has always been controlled by the different sections rather then a state governing board. This has left our state playoff system much to be desired...

I am sure one of the California rule gurus can give you a lot more specifics!

Can they not shorten the section playoffs and add a couple Norcal regional games with the winners.  I mean it just makes sense.   Because if not they are going to just pick DLS every time.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

I would say 4 sections. Although there are 7 total section in NorCal, the top teams typically come from the SJS, NCS, CCS and CS. Don't forget about the CS, as their top D1 teams roll up to NorCal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Can they not shorten the section playoffs and add a couple Norcal regional games with the winners.  I mean it just makes sense.   Because if not they are going to just pick DLS every time.   

They could, but they don't really need to. The way the system is now, they can still play an Open Regional just as they did back in 2012 and 2013 instead of having a BYE week for DLS. If they want that BYE week in the mix for the winner, then they would need to figure out how to shorten by 1 week.