Dow down 750

noonereal

13 minutes ago, ohio said:

Yes it is.  Just look at the hodge podge source code of some websites on your browser.  Sometimes they need more notes than code. 

Figured I'd you a little break.  Did it hurt your mind?  Lol

Nah..didn't hurt...beaker always brings good karma...LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They always use the wait an see approach on deciding on interest rates.  But other factors like broadness of the market, foreign market problems, tariff concerns, and bubbles.

Besides, I went long today.  Made over 8k, so no complaints from me.

Just now, ohio said:

They always use the wait an see approach on deciding on interest rates.  But other factors like broadness of the market, foreign market problems, tariff concerns, and bubbles.

Besides, I went long today.  Made over 8k, so no complaints from me.

You said last week or whatever that they should raise interest rates, i said let them wait and see. you said that doesnt work. But apparently the Fed is using that approach

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

You said last week or whatever that they should raise interest rates, i said let them wait and see. you said that doesnt work. But apparently the Fed is using that approach

For me, personally, it does not matter if they raise the interest rates.  As I trend trade and don't care if the market goes up, down, or sideways.  Plus my house, car, and pickup are paid off and I have no credit card debt.  Cash is the way to go.

Though I do have a concern that if it goes up too high and gets overbought without the fundamentals that it could crash.  Personally, I don't want it to crash as many people would be hurt financially.  It's like blowing up a balloon, some times you have to take some air out.  And with inflation creeping up, the Fed will likely have to raise interest rates next year but not too quickly like Greenspan did in 2000.  Just my two cents.

Just now, ohio said:

For me, personally, it does not matter if they raise the interest rates.  As I trend trade and don't care if the market goes up, down, or sideways.  Plus my house, car, and pickup are paid off and I have no credit card debt.  Cash is the way to go.

Though I do have a concern that if it goes up too high and gets overbought without the fundamentals that it could crash.  Personally, I don't want it to crash as many people would be hurt financially.  It's like blowing up a balloon, some times you have to take some air out.  And with inflation creeping up, the Fed will likely have to raise interest rates next year but not too quickly like Greenspan did in 2000.  Just my two cents.

Understand....i agree cash is the way to go. But like JFK id like to end the fed go back to gold backing our currency the way it supposed to be

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Understand....i agree cash is the way to go. But like JFK id like to end the fed go back to gold backing our currency the way it supposed to be

Yes, a lot of people want to go back to the gold standard.

Don't know what will happen to the future generations with all this unsecured nation debt.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idk but what about my generation. Forget the future. My generation is going to bankrupt the US

It could unfortunately.  If you are concerned, then your best might be to come up with a way to increase your net worth and through several streams of income, then maybe invest in gold (actual or futures), just in case the poop does hit the proverbial fan.  I'm 56 so, I don't know if all this national debt will affect me much.  But you never know.

Just having one stream of income like your job, just does not cut it for many people these days; and it will get worse in the future.  It's best to have multiple streams of income.  So, my streams are my job and trend trading.  I'm at a point where I make much more on trend trading than on my job as a security guard.  It's a cushy and easy job and allows me to have health care insurance.  Plus, I'd be bored if I just traded and did nothing else.

1 minute ago, ohio said:

It could unfortunately.  If you are concerned, then your best might be to come up with a way to increase your net worth and through several streams of income, then maybe invest in gold (actual or futures), just in case the poop does hit the proverbial fan.  I'm 56 so, I don't know if all this national debt will affect me much.  But you never know.

Just having one stream of income like your job, just does not cut it for many people these days; and it will get worse in the future.  It's best to have multiple streams of income.  So, my streams are my job and trend trading.  I'm at a point where I make much more on trend trading than on my job as a security guard.  It's a cushy and easy job and allows me to have health care insurance.  Plus, I'd be bored if I just traded and did nothing else.

Im gonna wait to the dems take over and well all be given an universial income and I can stay home....yes this is a real thing and california is already talking about it. As messed up as that sounds I have a feeling this will be the future of america. The government will basically own us by given us basically our allowance.

Student loans are already in the billions. Most people will never pay off their loans. thousands looking for forgiveness.

Cant afford a house so house prices will come down

etc etc

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Im gonna wait to the dems take over and well all be given an universial income and I can stay home....yes this is a real thing and california is already talking about it. As messed up as that sounds I have a feeling this will be the future of america. The government will basically own us by given us basically our allowance.

Well, in that case maybe it's better to move to Cali than the South.  Maybe, one of the red parts.  Don't want you hitting some liberal upside the head.  Lol

Image result for red and blue parts of california 2018

2 minutes ago, ohio said:

Well, in that case maybe it's better to move to Cali than the South.  Maybe, one of the red parts.  Don't want you hitting some liberal upside the head.  Lol

Image result for red and blue parts of california 2018

The dems through their voter fraud as they are saying just took the most red parts of CA..orange county.

Obv what i said was tongue in cheek but I can see i happening

but it is my generation that will bankrupt the US.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The dems through their voter fraud as they are saying just took the most red parts of CA..orange county.

Obv what i said was tongue in cheek but I can see i happening

You seem to know your politics.  Surprised you didn't write a book or a blog in your spare time for some extra income.

As for me I'm not very political as it has not affected me much in my past.  I've been disappointed by both Republicans and Democrats in the past.  My motto is;  "If it's to be it's up to me".  Nobody ever handed me anything in my adult life, and nor do I expect them to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ohio said:

You seem to know your politics.  Surprised you didn't write a book or a blog in your spare time for some extra income.

As for me I'm not very political as it has not affected me much in my past.  I've been disappointed by both Republicans and Democrats in the past.  My motto is;  "If it's to be it's up to me".  Nobody ever handed me anything in my adult life, and nor do I expect them to.

I read alot. It helps to keep u up on all sorts of things. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk but what about my generation. Forget the future. My generation is going to bankrupt the US

It is not your generation but mine that is bankrupting the USA.

You generation was mostly dealt a bad hand. Unfortunately, you have not shown your anger at this (Occupy Wall Street was an aborted attempt). So, the trend of playing you for suckers continues. And it will probably continue till you all rise up in unison and say enough ... or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

It is not your generation but mine that is bankrupting the USA.

You generation was mostly dealt a bad hand. Unfortunately, you have not shown your anger at this (Occupy Wall Street was an aborted attempt). So, the trend of playing you for suckers continues. And it will probably continue till you all rise up in unison and say enough ... or not. 

Nope my generation worries more about the next iphone than what's real important. 

I've kinda shown my anger towards your generation over different posts but I guess not enough