STA 2 deep roster for tomorrow night's game

golfaddict1

Overview:   Friendly transfer climate in South Florida (similar to SoCal)... Miami Central, MNW, Carol City, DFB included not just STA, AHP, Gibbons and Chaminade.  

STA has the stigma of raiding rosters and not building from within (recruiting is illegal at Bushwood and I never slice).

So let's dissect the 2 deep roster and see what's in the cupboard.     

As a reminder, STA is located in a transfer and talented recruiting area friendly environment with a bit of a brand name... will likely lead the pack with marquee name transfers, similar to why Mater Dei and SJB attract recruits in SoCal.   Can't deny a ring opportunity is not a reason for some to transfer (senior transfer recruits especially, but whatever the reason is be sure you can start, unless you have another year or 2 left).

image.png.661e2be0994e4a2a1fff8a608b56ceed.png

Offense:  Non 9th grade starters:  Restrepo (first year of 2, 0 stars but nice offers),  Cooney (2nd year I think, 3 star... might go Ivy League), Serrano (2 star, 2nd or 3rd year likely, one offer but guessing an academic fcs school or pwo perhaps). 

Offense:  Non 9th grade backups:  Opalsky (first of 3 years, 0 rated and won't likely see the rock tomorrow night), Michael Malone I'm not sure... I know he was on the roster last year (0 star, 0 offers).   Julian Hernandez, Vandy commit and 3 star... a senior transfer who isn't starting.  The rest of the kids I believe all started at STA, including 4 star OL backup Dumervil (who should be playing DT hopefully a lot tomorrow night).   Offseason QB transfer from Michigan senior 3 star, NIU verbal  backup (and if not injured, 3rd string).   Zero 4 star transfers,   The one 3 star senior transfer on O isn't starting.  

Defense:  Non 9th grade:  Ingraham (4 star from Dillard, senior transfer one year) backup is a very good player in Tyreak Sapp.    Bobby Washington (1st year of 2, 0 star rating), Jahmar Brown (South Carolina verbal, 2nd year I think at STA, 3 star I think),  Avery Huff (4 star from Miramar, senior transfer one year).    Two 4 star senior transfer starters, one LB with quality FBS offers who started at STA transferred to Palm Beach Central as a soph (Griffin Lampton), casualty of too many 4 star LB's coming in.   Lost a good soph who had 2 years left.   

Defense:  Non 9th grade backups:   Dantae Lunan (0 offers, not rated, 1st year of 2),  Jahvante Royal (4 star transfer,  a WR recruit who switched to DB this season, 1st year of 2).

Majority of the roster started as 9th graders.  2019 was a nice class (similar to Grayson, wish their HC stayed).   

Lol at Wingo... from LB to TE to QB to LB to DE, probably lined up in secondary to at some point of career.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Overview:   Friendly transfer climate in South Florida (similar to SoCal)... Miami Central, MNW, Carol City, DFB included not just STA, AHP, Gibbons and Chaminade.  

STA has the stigma of raiding rosters and not building from within (recruiting is illegal at Bushwood and I never slice).

As a reminder, STA is located in a transfer and talented recruiting area friendly environment with a bit of a brand name... will likely lead the pack with marquee name transfers, similar to why Mater Dei and SJB attract recruits in SoCal.   Can't deny a ring opportunity is not a reason for some to transfer (senior transfer recruits especially, but whatever the reason is be sure you can start, unless you have another year or 2 left).

Offense:  Non 9th grade starters:  Restrepo (first year of 2, 0 stars but nice offers),  Cooney (2nd year I think, 3 star... might go Ivy League), Serrano (2 star, 2nd or 3rd year likely, one offer but guessing an academic fcs school or pwo perhaps). 

Offense:  Non 9th grade backups:  Opalsky (first of 3 years, 0 rated and won't likely see the rock tomorrow night), Michael Malone I'm not sure... I know he was on the roster last year (0 star, 0 offers).   Julian Hernandez, Vandy commit and 3 star... a senior transfer who isn't starting.  The rest of the kids I believe all started at STA, including 4 star OL backup Dumervil (who should be playing DT hopefully a lot tomorrow night).   Offseason QB transfer from Michigan senior 3 star, NIU verbal  backup (and if not injured, 3rd string).   Zero 4 star transfers,   The one 3 star senior transfer on O isn't starting.  

Defense:  Non 9th grade 

Defense:  Non 9th grade starters:  

Which one was that stud who transferred after single handily embarrassing them last year while at miramar

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Defense:  Non 9th grade:  Ingraham (4 star from Dillard, senior transfer one year) backup is a very good player in Tyreak Sapp.    Bobby Washington (1st year of 2, 0 star rating), Jahmar Brown (South Carolina verbal, 2nd year I think at STA, 3 star I think),  Avery Huff (4 star from Miramar, senior transfer one year).    Two 4 star senior transfer starters, one LB with quality FBS offers who started at STA transferred to Palm Beach Central as a soph (Griffin Lampton), casualty of too many 4 star LB's coming in.   Lost a good soph who had 2 years left.   

Defense:  Non 9th grade backups:   Dantae Lunan (0 offers, not rated, 1st year of 2),  Jahvante Royal (4 star transfer,  a WR recruit who switched to DB this season, 1st year of 2).

Majority of the roster started as 9th graders.  2019 was a nice class (similar to Grayson, wish their HC stayed).   

Lol at Wingo... from LB to TE to QB to DE, probably lined up in secondary to at some point of career.  

I really appreciate the homesty if this post 

that said, two things made me laugh 

one, before the transfer explosion in socal, your “not very much” seemed much more outrageous than it does today.  “Normal”/ acceptable has changed much

two, “I’m from Bushwood and I never slice” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Can you post former Broward public please? 

Just kidding. I know they come from AHP, Chaminade and Gibbons too. 

Talent is so deep there, STA only needs tonkeave the date for QBs — I think can O’korn was from PA, assume Ruddick from CA etc 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I really appreciate the homesty if this post 

that said, two things made me laugh 

one, before the transfer explosion in socal, your “not very much” seemed much more outrageous than it does today.  “Normal”/ acceptable has changed much

two, “I’m from Bushwood and I never slice” 

When DLS played STA in 2011, STA had 2 transfer starters... Cox Jr. (dad took job with Dolphins, moved from OH) and a DB who went D2.  

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

Talent is so deep there, STA only needs tonkeave the date for QBs — I think can O’korn was from PA, assume Ruddick from CA etc 

Rudock was local, now 3rd string for the Lions.  Med school is next for him.  They had a kid from CT transfer in and Rudock beat him out and the CT backup transferred out.   O'Korn was from PA (had family local).    The offseason transfer from MI I hardly saw play.  Not sure if he's hurt or 3rd string.   Casteel (Harvard) has had a nice season so far. 

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

When DLS played STA in 2011, STA had 2 transfer starters... Cox Jr. (dad took job with Dolphins, moved from OH) and a DB who went D2.  

I know

i remember STA “being exposed” for having 10 of those kids on the precious 3 teams 

Ho hum today — that’s not keeping up with Jones’

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Rudock was local, now 3rd string for the Lions.  Med school is next for him.  They had a kid from CT transfer in and Rudock beat him out and the CT backup transferred out.   O'Korn was from PA (had family local).    The offseason transfer from MI I hardly saw play.  Not sure if he's hurt or 3rd string.   Casteel (Harvard) has had a nice season so far. 

I was teasing

knew about O’korn — the others are news 

you guys sound a bit like LSU

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

you guys sound a bit like LSU

I'd say more Michigan (not in hardware, but they seem to lose to teams they shouldn't historically... maybe that is LSU).   Defensively a bit similar, with an aggressive style that can backfire at times similar to Michigan's D.   Doesn't hurt that Rudock and O'Korn played QB at Michigan (no trifecta thankfully lol... Allen transferred from UF and is now at Dartmouth and coming off surgery) and some Broward def. players of late have attended there (Bush, Metellus, Gil)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Link for the game? I'm from Polk County so it'll be nice to watch Lakeland. Hope it's not like that Thompson game last night.

I’ll add link shortly, but it’s about 10 bucks. I would check Facebook once the game starts.  

https://boxcast.tv/channel/spectrum-sports-fl-ppv?b=itidfslaytlo5luwhb9q

Also (and I’ll add link shortly) you can follow play by play results and see stats via the FHSAA site.  They do a good job with updating.  

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2018-19/state/1a/xsummary.htm

(1A game is playing now, you can follow link similar to how all finals will show).  

42 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'd say more Michigan (not in hardware, but they seem to lose to teams they shouldn't historically... maybe that is LSU).   Defensively a bit similar, with an aggressive style that can backfire at times similar to Michigan's D.   Doesn't hurt that Rudock and O'Korn played QB at Michigan (no trifecta thankfully lol... Allen transferred from UF and is now at Dartmouth and coming off surgery) and some Broward def. players of late have attended there (Bush, Metellus, Gil)

LSU may not be best comparison 

Why STA may have a ton of talent they have racked up titles (unlike LSU)

If anyone in Florida should be compared to LSU it's Deerfield Beach

• 1 month later...

@181pl

Have a look at the senior LB (Wingo is a LB not DL) and DB's first string.  The two senior transfers coming in so far, an OLB and a DB.   No guarantee of starting either.   a 4 star DB backed up last year (his choice to transfer).  

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Lol at Wingo... from LB to TE to QB to LB to DE, probably lined up in secondary to at some point of career.  

@181pl    Follow the reserves and first offer thread... so far, backups Wilmot and Lunan earned first offers.   Who's next?  Jason Taylor and Twan Russell's sons likely among others.  Next man up, almost looks like a "regular school" no?  :)