DLS vs Colerain. Who wins?

ohio

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

It will work, but most definitely needs to be balanced by a potent passing game. Last 2 seasons Dela had no qb and this season was a sophmore. The amount of turnovers, as you pointed out earlier, cannnot happen against these super teams. So if you have a  really good qb, a top running back, and a " Good " o-line, with a solid defense,  your in the game. I know that sounds like a lot, but Dela has had those teams in past. It definitely  is a timing thing.  If the veer is run efficiently, it will take effect on other teams defense, and the passing will totally open it up.  But like you said, you need the players, and they don't all come around  at once very often.

They do in SoCal.  If DLS was getting that talent every year like these super teams did I think with their system it would swing the advantage back to NorCal.  Imho

But that is not what is happening at the moment and hopefully it won't happen.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

They do in SoCal.  If DLS was getting that talent every year like these super teams did I think with their system it would swing the advantage back to NorCal.  Imho

But that is not what is happening at the moment and hopefully it won't happen.

DLS never was getting the talent of these socal teams 

I think high water mark for D1s in a class was 7 for 2003 and 2013 teams — they average less than 2 BCS per year and went 6 years (‘04-‘09) without one (by LOI day)

im not moaning about an empty cupboard — DLS has had more than their share, but there’s a huge difference between current socal teams and any DLS team (or really anyone else — these academy-esque teams are unprecedented by an exponential margin from a talent perspective from even the most talented teams ever)

• Like 1

From ‘98 to ‘03(ironically the dominant years over So Cal), DLS had better talent on the field.  Simple as that.

From ‘15 to present, So Cal has the better talent 

In ‘06 DLS has better talent was was out coached and out played by a rag tag Canyon team in SBG I

In ‘14 DLS outcoached Cen10 And won with lesser talent

Simple as that 

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

From ‘98 to ‘03(ironically the dominant years over So Cal), DLS had better talent on the field.  Simple as that.

From ‘15 to present, So Cal has the better talent 

In ‘06 DLS has better talent was was out coached and out played by a rag tag Canyon team in SBG I

In ‘14 DLS outcoached Cen10 And won with lesser talent

Simple as that 

Nope

tell me DLS had better talent than LBP and I’ll call you a Pinnochio 

ditto CC ‘07/‘08 — I remember counting a 15-2 D1 advantage 

Crenshaw had several NFL guys — DLS had a couple of walk ons  to OSU

etc 

They just work harder 

DLS freshmen get beat all the time by the same teams that DLS varsity hasn’t lost to in 30 years — in 2011, San Ramon valley, senior, junior, and freshmen classes all beat DLS and they had the #2 QB in country — varsity results?  DLS won 40-3 and 49-14 (after being up 42-0)

yoI really need to read that Lad quote I pasted the other day — your comments are inflammatory to The shadow 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pops said:

Nope

tell me DLS had better talent than LBP and I’ll call you a Pinnochio 

ditto CC ‘07/‘08 — I remember counting a 15-2 D1 advantage 

Crenshaw had several NFL guys — DLS had a couple of walk ons  to OSU

etc 

They just work harder 

DLS freshmen get beat all the time by the same teams that DLS varsity hasn’t lost to in 30 years — in 2011, San Ramon valley, senior, junior, and freshmen classes all beat DLS and they had the #2 QB in country — varsity results?  DLS won 40-3 and 49-14 (after being up 42-0)

yoI really need to read that Lad quote I pasted the other day — your comments are inflammatory to The shadow 

“Individual egos must die in order for a team to live”

• Like 1