Evaluate this 2020 QB

954gator

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/36578/Boys-Varsity-Football

That's the Mandarin Hudl account, it includes the list of players on the team

I'm just not sure where to go for finding out if they have offers/rated

I looked at local all county and honorable mentions ... then 247sports for offers and if there were younger class kids offered (which I didn't notice on a very quick look).   

4 class of 2019 recruits I noticed:

Kris Mitchell - FIU signee,   Darian Oxendine - Tennessee-Martin commit,   Kas Absolu  (fbs offers, likely to sign fbs or fcs) and Demario Douglas (likely fcs, but shows an FAU offer).  

WR/Ath recruits list 

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

Max Lescano was the MVP of the game 

(Joey bosa had a decent game too)

Sadly, a receiver who made a beauty of a reception was in a horrific car accident (that took one or two lives, can't recall).   Mark Barr was a passenger while at the Univ. of Cincy.   I hope he's doing well and was able to graduate.   

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Max Lescano was the MVP of the game 

(Joey bosa had a decent game too)

He was a feisty little guy that I think was unfortunate to be replacing one of the better QBs STA ever had, so I think he was judged a little harder than should have been.    He also didn’t have the WRs Ruddick had (3 NFL guys).

One play that I never forget was the crazy run he had vs Pratville.   Go to 46 seconds in the video for the play.

Well, I usually don't like to do evaluations just off of a highlight tape. Haven't seen this kid in person.

That said, I like him. He's got a strong arm and places the ball well on very difficult throws. His downfield accuracy looks to be good. He doesn't wait for the receiver to get open before he throws it. He passes guys open to where they can make nice plays after the catch. He's aggressive with taking shots further downfield than simply going with the safer play. He is working in a clean pocket for most of those plays, so I'd like to see how he reacts when he's under heavy duress.

Still, looks like a player to me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Well, I usually don't like to do evaluations just off of a highlight tape. Haven't seen this kid in person.

That said, I like him. He's got a strong arm and places the ball well on very difficult throws. His downfield accuracy looks to be good. He doesn't wait for the receiver to get open before he throws it. He passes guys open to where they can make nice plays after the catch. He's aggressive with taking shots further downfield than simply going with the safer play. He is working in a clean pocket for most of those plays, so I'd like to see how he reacts when he's under heavy duress.

Still, looks like a player to me.

My thoughts too.   He had a ton of time and his skill players did a lot of work as well.   I saw his film and it clicked as to how Mandarin had the season they did.    I tend to judge FL qbs pretty harshly based on recent history, but I thought he looked pretty solid.

We need to up our QB game as a state lol.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, 954gator said:

Nice.   Looks like he played really well!

@954gatorSTA transfer from Naples area,  southpaw sophomore Brady Dean will begin school next week, joining another southpaw likely to backup Michael Neal this coming season, unless QB free agency isn't finished yet.  He had a  41% completion rate last year 12 TD's/11 Int's at First Baptist Academy.   

http://www.yet.hudl.com/profile/5071789/Brady-Dean

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...