LSU's Orgeron offers nine during stop at Baltimore school

RedZone

2 minutes ago, Popzilla said:

This post started out with positives about kids going to school.  And like always, the haters were about to implode with hate about something good happening at SFA.  You post these ridiculous screenshots in support of your hateful but factually inaccurate positions.  Lets look at them---the text msg conversation with the football background are between a Mervo kid and a person THAT IS NOT AND HAS NEVER been associated with SFA. 

You dont need to take my word---look at the context.  He is asking the kid "What coach talked to you from SFA?"  A SF Coach would not need to ask that question.  He further asks "Did they contact you?".  What SF coach would refer to his own colleagues as 'they'?  Lastly, he states he saw a SF coach at a banquet.  Do I need to explain that a SF coach would not find it noteworthy that he bumped into a fellow coach at a banquet--the SF coaches do study hall year round and see each other several times per week.   These texts are an outside dude inquiring to the kid about the possibility of the kid transferring---and he may have wanted to help that kid transfer for a school that has a horrible track record in getting kids to college.  That same dude was texting about NFL $$.  SF coaches dont even speak on those terms---not when they were kicking asss at Gilman nor now at SF. 

The Mervo coach was full of crap---and he found some like-minded whiners in the MIAA and at MSJ. The Mervo coach knows all of this---but in an effort to keep players from pursuing higher goals in a better situation---he drafted an email full of falsehoods.  Sad for him---and for anyone who believes that crap without more info.   

Don't worry chief just take your program do what ever it is you do, you're not in the MIAA and the DMV has sent the message which is why you can't get any games locally.  What's worse if your head coach getting infront of the team and staff bad mouthing Coach McGregor after he left.  Walls are crumbling around the program.  

5 hours ago, RM7 said:

Same circumstances at SFA.  The safety issue was a smoke screen and a very poor statement by the MIAA.  Real issue was recruiting and contacting of other schools players by SFA coaches and staff.  Coaches showing up at schools pretending to kids family members or school admin requesting transcripts and such.  Sending texts and IM enticing kids to leave their current school and so on.

IMG_1009.PNG

IMG_4947 (1).JPG

IMG_4950 (1) (1).JPG

IMG_4951 (1) (1).JPG

And the initial text in your thread was from a SF coach to a man that played for that coach 20 yrs ago---they are friends and you likely know that.  That man has a kid on MSJ that he looks after---but he is not the kid's parent nor guardian.  Only a court can name you a guardian---not just cause you care for a kid and you cant make yourself a 'guardian'.  The coward coaches at MSJ pressured the "Uncle" to back them up.  They fabricated this crap to attempt to have SF kicked out of league---so they could have a playoff w/o SF.  It failed. SF was named MIAA Champs---and the cowards had their own post-season tournament with participation trophies. 

At this point, who cares?  Why the constant attempts to hate on SF.  They wont be a part of MIAA and will soon be able to take a transfer from MSJ without hesitation---good job!

2 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Don't worry chief just take your program do what ever it is you do, you're not in the MIAA and the DMV has sent the message which is why you can't get any games locally.  What's worse if your head coach getting infront of the team and staff bad mouthing Coach McGregor after he left.  Walls are crumbling around the program.  

More fake news from schoolgirls.  MacGregor and Poggi both posted supportive thank you messages to each other----and will continue to be family.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Knucklehead's tried to defend Evangel Christian too....been there, seen all of it..

The goal of Evangel was to spread the gospel through football. That's what the recruiting brochure said, yeah.

Damage control they're all a bunch of dam clowns.  

1 minute ago, RM7 said:

Damage control they're all a bunch of dam clowns.  

Says the dude who is constantly spreading rumors.  A grown man----spreading rumors---like a 12 yr old schoolgirl.  I know you have to be better than that...sad.  It is HS football--nothing more.  Kids will transfer---it is a free country.  SF is a kick-ass team and their players go to college at high percentages-----the rest is background noise from hating schoolgirls.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Knucklehead's tried to defend Evangel Christian too....been there, seen all of it..

The goal of Evangel was to spread the gospel through football. That's what the recruiting brochure said, yeah.

Except this staff has been doing the same thing for 20 yrs at Gilman---dont believe the hype.  You are being fed a bunch of bull...

13 minutes ago, Popzilla said:

Says the dude who is constantly spreading rumors.  A grown man----spreading rumors---like a 12 yr old schoolgirl.  I know you have to be better than that...sad.  It is HS football--nothing more.  Kids will transfer---it is a free country.  SF is a kick-ass team and their players go to college at high percentages-----the rest is background noise from hating schoolgirls.

Well guess they aren't rumors cause your sorry asses is out of the league.  

1 hour ago, Popzilla said:

Except this staff has been doing the same thing for 20 yrs at Gilman---dont believe the hype.  You are being fed a bunch of bull...

Poggi tried similar recruiting tactics when he was at Gilman, the only reason it didn't get to the level of SFA is because Gilman had a board and alumni who wouldn't let them.

19 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Poggi tried similar recruiting tactics when he was at Gilman, the only reason it didn't get to the level of SFA is because Gilman had a board and alumni who wouldn't let them.

We were discussing the teaching of Christian principles with football.  But Gilman's constraints were largely logistical and because of stringent academic requirements.  Same reasons why Stanford and Harvard wont ever be #1 in football.  Nice try though...

1 hour ago, Oldballcoach said:

No parent who cares about academics in the least is sending their son to SFA other privates and good academic Publics don’t have to worry about transfers for that reason alone

School has been around since 1820s.  It is the only African-American school in the MIAA.  So imagine how many AA families you just insulted---well done.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

There it is. Play the card. It’s was a school for AA women. How may AA women on the football team?   Dig that hole Henry. Tool bag

The school went co-ed decades ago.  Soooo...

The school also was a boarding school for girls from across the nation---sooooo...

1 hour ago, Popzilla said:

School has been around since 1820s.  It is the only African-American school in the MIAA.  So imagine how many AA families you just insulted---well done.  

Actually none since everyone you talk to in Baltimore reiterates that same sentiment. However, majority admire what the sisters try to do for the neighborhood kids. With that said you don’t represent them. Those kids are being brushed aside by the coaches. The coaches are the problem and have been for years. But go ahead play the race card that is your go to. 

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

My thoughts exactly.  The HC is about as selfless a man as there is.  Using his own money and time to give kids a free education and get them qualified to play in college.  This guys pays his own assistants and for the whole teams tuition, out of his own pocket.  Nice to see a wealthy man like that give back so much. 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Poggi is a good guy. He helps a lot of kids get a free college education. He also helps a few economically distressed kids out of horrible situations every year. His goals are pure. He knows his best skill to help the less fortunate is coaching football. 

With that being said, his execution is reckless to say the least. He’s a hedge fund manager by trade. He uses money to influence people and get shit done. I get it. That’s the real world. He’s good at it. The issue here is when you translate that methodology into amateur football. He bulldozed his way to the top with SFA because he knew SFA was so financially unstable, they would hand over the keys to the school. He left Gilman because they wouldn’t. He has pissed off so many coaches within a 200 mile radius, only the most desperate schools will take a game. No WCAC? No MIAA? No BNU? Strange, right? I understand both sides. 

I am a fan of SFA football. I wish they could compete against the nationally ranked schools like SJC and DM that are a 30 minute bus ride away. I root for them every time they play a big game. I just wish Poggi had a bit more tact when navigating his mission. Great guy. Great coach. Not the best politician. 

If I was Poggi, I would worry about what happens after he leaves SFA. If SFA shuts down, like many basketball factories have, he’s going to take major heat and the whole racial crusade will turn on him immediately. SFA has been educating disadvantaged kids from that part of Baltimore for many many decades. That would not be a great look. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There's a Landon alum in jail for killing his former girlfriend. SFA is a safe-haven for those that want to make something of their lives. I'll take the former than the latter any day! 

That is hysterical there are bad people everywhere. That is weak. Then let’s talk about the pending lawsuits against the school. Why would the starting QB stay one year and leave. Like I said one bad incident shouldn’t define a school like you just did.

29 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Actually none since everyone you talk to in Baltimore reiterates that same sentiment. However, majority admire what the sisters try to do for the neighborhood kids. With that said you don’t represent them. Those kids are being brushed aside by the coaches. The coaches are the problem and have been for years. But go ahead play the race card that is your go to. 

Brushed aside how..enlighten us?  You make that dumbasss statement and you have no clue what you are talking about.  No different than if I said that your father was a molester.  Never knew your father---but hey...it sounds good---so I put it out there.  Same difference...unless of course you can enlighten us on this BS...and dont tell us what you have heard like a $hithead---speak some facts for once. Or was your father a really a molester...?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Popzilla said:

Brushed aside how..enlighten us?  You make that dumbasss statement and you have no clue what you are talking about.  No different than if I said that your father was a molester.  Never knew your father---but hey...it sounds good---so I put it out there.  Same difference...unless of course you can enlighten us on this BS...and dont tell us what you have heard like a $hithead---speak some facts for once. Or was your father a really a molester...?

Damn testy testy you sure display your true colors fast. This is who are you people want coaching their kids? Amazing. I wouldn’t want my kid within 500 yards of you. You just displayed how truly ignorant you are

3 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Damn testy testy you sure display your true colors fast. This is who are you people want coaching their kids? Amazing. I wouldn’t want my kid within 500 yards of you. You just displayed how truly ignorant you are

Says the man who constantly jumps on every baseless rumor. 

Support your statement that kids are brushed aside with facts...or tell us how your dad was a molester....

1 minute ago, CODBEARD said:

I’m very informed and your blind loyalty To SFA  Is funny everyone and I mean everyone knows  their dirty. It’s not even debateable any more. They were booted from MIAA   What else do you need?  Your in Jersey I am here in the middle of it but somehow you know more than me?  Cmon man. Stay in your lane.   Here’s the scoop MIAA schools like McDonogh ,Calvert Hall. MSJ. ABS Etc all help poor AA kids get to college and they do it without breaking rules. Imagine that.   

Because you live in Timonium...you are in the middle of it? We should all stay in our lanes.

Good for those schools...they also turn away a bunch of poor AA kids...and they also BREAK rules. You think youth teams practice and play on the MIAA fields without repetitive contacts with kids? I have seen it firsthand...almost daily contact during season...in violation of the no contact rule. 

3 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

There is not a no contact  rule in the MIAA when it pertains to non high school kids  There is a rule of no contact or use of infurnce to kids already in another  high school. SFA breaks that rule consistently other MIAA teams don’t.   Don’t challenge me on the rule book I know it inside and out Henry you obviously don’t  go back to licking your masters feet

Except...you are wrong again. You are a real mess. The rule was posted on this forum today. Calls into question all that you claim to "know". Hey...did you know Gilman played ECA?