LSU's Orgeron offers nine during stop at Baltimore school

RedZone

Man....this school was 2-10 in 2015 and a real nobody. What has high school football become in Baltimore?

Baltimore St. Frances is one of the marquee programs in the nation with a deep talent base, and LSU coach Ed Orgeron took notice of it.

During a stop at the school Thursday, the Tigers head man extended nine offers to members of the 2020 and 2021 classes, including the top weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Alabama commit Chris Braswell.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-football-recruiting-Ed-Orgeron-127976626/

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Man....this school was 2-10 in 2015 and a real nobody. What has high school football become in Baltimore?

Baltimore St. Frances is one of the marquee programs in the nation with a deep talent base, and LSU coach Ed Orgeron took notice of it.

During a stop at the school Thursday, the Tigers head man extended nine offers to members of the 2020 and 2021 classes, including the top weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Alabama commit Chris Braswell.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-football-recruiting-Ed-Orgeron-127976626/

Atleast LSU is Getting smart and recruiting the East coast Power Privates.. @RedZone to Bad a LSU Degree is as useful as some used paper towelette

15 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Atleast LSU is Getting smart and recruiting the East coast Power Privates.. @RedZone to Bad a LSU Degree is as useful as some used paper towelette

I didn’t go to LSU so I can’t speak about their academic side....but wondering where you got your degree from and where it has gotten you, since you seem to harp on this narrative often.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Great video.  On the surface without digging deeper, I don't see much issue with what the HC is doing...creating opportunities for kids. 

I don't know...

I guess you can spin it both ways....the lady from Gilman had legit points.

Out of the recruited up all star teams their story is the most touching. I'm just not sure I buy all of it.

47 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Back in the day Evangel Christian, La used "God" as their selling point and justification for stacking their roster with transfers and recruiting.

Evangel was a spooky school truthfully back then 

I hated them and honestly don't care much for that school now.

Same circumstances at SFA.  The safety issue was a smoke screen and a very poor statement by the MIAA.  Real issue was recruiting and contacting of other schools players by SFA coaches and staff.  Coaches showing up at schools pretending to kids family members or school admin requesting transcripts and such.  Sending texts and IM enticing kids to leave their current school and so on.

IMG_1009.PNG

IMG_4947 (1).JPG

IMG_4950 (1) (1).JPG

IMG_4951 (1) (1).JPG

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Back in the day Evangel Christian, La used "God" as their selling point and justification for stacking their roster with transfers and recruiting.

Evangel was a spooky school truthfully back then 

I hated them and honestly don't care much for that school now.

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:55 PM
To: 'leedove@miaasports.net' <leedove@miaasports.net>
Subject: RE: Saint Francis problem

I'm writing this email because I would like to shed some light on some of the actions of the Saint Francis football coaching staff and affiliates.  Though this program has recruited my student athletes in the past, they have recently increased the intensity of their misconduct. Two football seasons ago they began recruiting one of my players who had just completed a very good sophomore season. They were constantly calling his cell phone and calling home to the parents.  They even asked about other players who may be interested in transferring.  They eventually contacted 2 other Mervo student athletes in 2017 about the possibility of them transferring.  After a lot of meetings with the kids and their parents all of my student athletes decided to stay at Mervo.  That didn’t stop them from constantly contacting their parents, their mentors etc. 

Though I have no facts on this other situation,  I wanted to let you know my thoughts.   While I was away on vacation, I got a phone call from my assistant principal stating that a man was at Mervo trying to get the transcripts of those same student athletes who were being recruited to transfer to Saint Francis.  When the gentleman was asked who he was, he stated that he was a friend but wouldn’t give his name.  My assistant principal thought it was strange and so she called to inform me of what happened.  My guess is that it was an affiliate of Saint Francis. That person never came back nor did the kids ever ask for their transcripts.  

Throughout this entire past season, the coaches from Saint Francis continued to contact my now junior WR/FS that they wanted a year ago.  Telling him that he wouldn’t go to college if he stayed at Mervo and that they promise him a full college scholarship if he came to Saint Francis.  Once again the same kid entertained going to Saint Francis.  He was practicing with the team even though he was still enrolled at Mervo.  They gave him a Saint Francis sweat suit even though he wasn’t enrolled.  They even had a coach come pick him up at our school to take him to workouts while still attending Mervo.  Just like the year before, the same kid eventually decided to stay at Mervo and not transfer.  Unfortunately, prior to that kid ultimately deciding to stay, he gave one of my other top players phone number to one of the Saint Francis coaches.  This kid showed me all of the phone attempts and text messages placed by the Saint Francis coach/ affiliate.  In these text messages, he asked him if he wants to come to Saint Francis so that he could get “SEC, NFL, MONEY”.   I find that these empty promises and unethical tactics to be disgusting.  Yesterday, the same coach messaged my kid by saying tell your coach to contact the University of Florida.  “They are down here looking for you.”  I know very well that this is a bold face lie!  This is just another tactic to make the student athlete believe that he is in the wrong place if he wants to get recruited.  I’ve had a conversation with one of the Saint Francis coaches about all of the crazy tactics.  He told me that we (public schools) should be calling Saint Francis to recommend our kids to them if we really wanted what’s best for the kid.  I’m not sure what the rules or values that the MIAA has but something needs to be done about how this program is handling business.  I have dedicated my life to the youth of Baltimore City.  It’s a shame that another school located in the same City has made my fight even tougher.  I appreciate the time spent reading this letter.  I hope that I have provided you with a little more insight on some of the things that Saint Francis is doing.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Patrick Nixon

Mergenthaler High school

Athletic director/ head football coach

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

?? He graduated from a fine, private, Catholic college in the tri-state area. An academic institution that many BNU grads have attended too. 

I was gonna go play lacrosse at Manhattan but then I comitted to Dominican College Then Coach manny rapkin moved to Las Vegas then I went to Ccm trying to get recruited by MSU but Coach Grieco passed and I had no connection with new coach at Montclair 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That letter was a bunch of lies. None of it was ever proven. In fact, when the MIAA looked into it they dismissed it. Additionally, the Mervo HC does nothing for his student-athletes as they never qualify with the NCAA Clearinghouse. 

All facts my friend, did you see the text messages above that provided what was stated in the letter?  The MIAA did not dismiss it, they used this with other statements from other coaches, ad's, principles, kids, parents, and school presidents in the DMV (District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, not Delmarva) to remove them from league play and the MIAA president overseeing this. 

Also SFA never submitted EFV forms for several high profile players who played and all their games this year.  Therefore they would forfeit all games they played in.  This and a 1,000 other reasons is why SFA is not in the MIAA league for football moving forward.  I understand you get paid by Poggi to find games for them, so it's in your best interest to side with SFA and down play all of this.  But honestly it doesn't matter I have facts and you have hearsay.  And for your reading pleasure hear are the league rules regarding recruiting and transfers.  And if you're so connected as you think you are do you the know the amount of violations and fines they have accumulated for the season?   An do you know why no team in the MIAA was awarded a forfeit on there record for the SFA game?  Bring facts my friend not word of mouth. 

1. Recruitment

In conformity with the purpose and spirit of this Association, the following principles govern the manner in which member schools influence and encourage a student to become affiliated with a school:

a) No school, through any of its officers, representative or by any other means, shall directly or indirectly offer inducement to a student of any school, regardless of the student’s age or academic grade, to terminate enrollment at said school and migrate to another for athletic purposes.
b) It is considered appropriate for a school’s admissions department to provide a student information about its school; however coaches and other members of a school’s athletic department are prohibited from contacting or communicating with a student or the student’s parents/guardians until such time as an inquiry regarding the student’s possible admission to the school has been initiated by the student’s parent/guardian through the admissions department. This policy does not preclude attendance by coaches or member school representatives to non-high school athletic events for the purpose of screening prospective student athletes. On the occasion that a prospective student athlete or his parents seek information from a member school’s representative attending a non-high school event, the school’s representative may answer preliminary questions about the member school. The school’s representative should indicate to the prospective student athlete and his parents that further contact by an athletic department representative cannot be made until the admissions department at the member school is contacted by the parents.
c) MIAA schools may not initiate contact or “recruit” middle school students who are enrolled in other MIAA schools, while the students are representing their MIAA school.
d) Home visits are not permitted.
e) Coaches are not permitted to distribute gifts of any kind to perspective student athletes.
f) Athletes being recruited to member school teams, who have not yet officially attended a day of class and regardless of age or grade, may not practice or participate with a member school team during the regular season. Additionally, they may not participate in any out of season practice or game which primarily involves players from the member school’s team. This does not apply to incoming 9th grade or transfer students who have signed enrollment contracts and are trying out for a fall team.
g) The Association endorses only need-based financial aid and recommends that assistance to students be granted only on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Any member school that awards financial assistance not based upon determined need to students who participate in Association contest is required annually to submit a disclosure statement of such assistance, detailing both the number of grants and the amount of aid granted, to the Executive Director for inclusion in the Annual Report of the Association.

1. Transfer Students

A transfer student is one who changes enrollment from one school to another.

A transfer student who changes schools during the school year and has participated in interscholastic athletics at any level at his former school is ineligible to participate in interscholastic activities for the remainder of that school year. Additionally, that student, if he/she was a varsity athlete at their previous school, is ineligible for participation in that (those) sport(s) for one calendar year from the date of enrollment. A student athlete who is by definition a varsity athlete at a member school may not become eligible to participate at another member school in the next academic year by enrolling in a non-member school for a period of less than one full academic year. Further, a students’ ineligibility to participate is based on his/her participation for the prior year only. A student who plays on a varsity team during one year and does not participate in the year prior to transfer will be eligible to play provided all other transfer criteria are met. Please refer to the definition of a “varsity athlete”.

A transfer student who migrates from one member school to another and was a varsity athlete at his / her previous school is ineligible to participate in that sport at the new school for one calendar year beginning with the first date of enrollment at the new school. If that student was an undersquad athlete (freshman or junior varsity) at his previous school, he / she may transfer without penalty unless transferring under stipulations in paragraph 2.

An Open Enrollment Period will be offered for non-member student athletes. From June 1 through September 1, student athletes transferring from any non-member school to a member school, may transfer to and participate in interscholastic athletics, at any level, without penalty. In order to qualify under this guideline, all appropriate paperwork must be completed and the enrollment contract deposit must be paid on or before September 1. The MIAA reserves the right to request copies of any enrollment contract. The student athlete must physically be attending classes on the first day of fall classes or by September 1. If the opening of the member school is after September 1, the required paperwork and deposit must be complete on or before the September 1st date.

30 Day Rule – A transfer student, regardless of prior participation, who transfers between September 1 and May 30 of any academic year, may not participate in a league competition of this Association until 30 days after the date of enrollment at the new school, which date may not precede the last day of the student’s attendance at the prior school.

Date of Enrollment – Date of enrollment is defined as the first day the student is physically attending classes.

Varsity Athlete – For transfer purposes, a non-member school varsity athlete is defined as a student who has competed in any way in a varsity interscholastic competition. In addition, an MIAA varsity athlete is defined as a student who has competed in any way in a varsity interscholastic conference competition. Participation in any non-conference scrimmages or games at the varsity level, throughout the season, does not have an impact upon the transferring student’s status.

Participation and eligibility, in general, is based upon participation while in grades 9-12.

The only exceptions to this transfer policy are the following:

a) if a student were to change their primary residence; a change in primary residence means a move of more than 30 miles from their present residence. It does not include a temporary residence established for the purpose of athletic eligibility.
b) if a student’s present school eliminates the athletic program in which he/she is participating.

This transfer policy is effective as of June 1, 2009 and is non-appealable.

A transfer student, regardless of prior participation may not participate in the MIAA until an Eligibility Verification Form is submitted to the league office. Eligibility Verification Forms are due to the league office upon the date of enrollment. Transfer students may practice or workout with their team, however they may not compete in any interscholastic competitions until approval is granted. For any transfer student without a verified EVF, any games played will be subject to forfeiture. Additionally, a student athlete transferring from one member school to another may not participate in interscholastic athletics until all financial obligations at the previous school have been satisfied. Proof of age (birth certificate, state issued ID or passport) is required to be submitted with the Eligibility Verification Form.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RM7 said:

Same circumstances at SFA.  The safety issue was a smoke screen and a very poor statement by the MIAA.  Real issue was recruiting and contacting of other schools players by SFA coaches and staff.  Coaches showing up at schools pretending to kids family members or school admin requesting transcripts and such.  Sending texts and IM enticing kids to leave their current school and so on.

IMG_1009.PNG

IMG_4947 (1).JPG

IMG_4950 (1) (1).JPG

IMG_4951 (1) (1).JPG

Good stuff brother. 

2 hours ago, RM7 said:

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:55 PM
To: 'leedove@miaasports.net' <leedove@miaasports.net>
Subject: RE: Saint Francis problem

I'm writing this email because I would like to shed some light on some of the actions of the Saint Francis football coaching staff and affiliates.  Though this program has recruited my student athletes in the past, they have recently increased the intensity of their misconduct. Two football seasons ago they began recruiting one of my players who had just completed a very good sophomore season. They were constantly calling his cell phone and calling home to the parents.  They even asked about other players who may be interested in transferring.  They eventually contacted 2 other Mervo student athletes in 2017 about the possibility of them transferring.  After a lot of meetings with the kids and their parents all of my student athletes decided to stay at Mervo.  That didn’t stop them from constantly contacting their parents, their mentors etc. 

Though I have no facts on this other situation,  I wanted to let you know my thoughts.   While I was away on vacation, I got a phone call from my assistant principal stating that a man was at Mervo trying to get the transcripts of those same student athletes who were being recruited to transfer to Saint Francis.  When the gentleman was asked who he was, he stated that he was a friend but wouldn’t give his name.  My assistant principal thought it was strange and so she called to inform me of what happened.  My guess is that it was an affiliate of Saint Francis. That person never came back nor did the kids ever ask for their transcripts.  

Throughout this entire past season, the coaches from Saint Francis continued to contact my now junior WR/FS that they wanted a year ago.  Telling him that he wouldn’t go to college if he stayed at Mervo and that they promise him a full college scholarship if he came to Saint Francis.  Once again the same kid entertained going to Saint Francis.  He was practicing with the team even though he was still enrolled at Mervo.  They gave him a Saint Francis sweat suit even though he wasn’t enrolled.  They even had a coach come pick him up at our school to take him to workouts while still attending Mervo.  Just like the year before, the same kid eventually decided to stay at Mervo and not transfer.  Unfortunately, prior to that kid ultimately deciding to stay, he gave one of my other top players phone number to one of the Saint Francis coaches.  This kid showed me all of the phone attempts and text messages placed by the Saint Francis coach/ affiliate.  In these text messages, he asked him if he wants to come to Saint Francis so that he could get “SEC, NFL, MONEY”.   I find that these empty promises and unethical tactics to be disgusting.  Yesterday, the same coach messaged my kid by saying tell your coach to contact the University of Florida.  “They are down here looking for you.”  I know very well that this is a bold face lie!  This is just another tactic to make the student athlete believe that he is in the wrong place if he wants to get recruited.  I’ve had a conversation with one of the Saint Francis coaches about all of the crazy tactics.  He told me that we (public schools) should be calling Saint Francis to recommend our kids to them if we really wanted what’s best for the kid.  I’m not sure what the rules or values that the MIAA has but something needs to be done about how this program is handling business.  I have dedicated my life to the youth of Baltimore City.  It’s a shame that another school located in the same City has made my fight even tougher.  I appreciate the time spent reading this letter.  I hope that I have provided you with a little more insight on some of the things that Saint Francis is doing.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Patrick Nixon

Mergenthaler High school

Athletic director/ head football coach

Oh snap!!!

28 minutes ago, RM7 said:

I'm sure Poggi has a nice check for you also.  All facts my friend and you did see the text messages that provided what was in the letter right?    

Yeah, the stuff you posted with the texts are pretty darn hard to get around.  SFA looks like they are pushing hard to get all the kids they can.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Please thank the Mervo HC for writing that nice letter. It did wonders, didn't it? SFA went on to go 10-0, finish #1 in MD and #4 in the USA. The spiteful collusion between the MIAA and public hs haters just fuels the fire, brings more attention and publicity to the SFA program, which keep the train rolling!!! The best is yet to come!! 

Come on baller, how can you support this after taking a stand against the way Chris Partridge and PC were allegedly moving? Idk what's going on in the DMV in respect to how SFA is moving, but I have a strong feeling RM7 knows what he's talking about. Stay consistent 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Come on baller, how can you support this after taking a stand against the way Chris Partridge and PC were allegedly moving? Idk what's going on in the DMV in respect to how SFA is moving, but I have a strong feeling RM7 knows what he's talking about. Stay consistent 

That isn’t even the half of what goes on there. 

14 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Great video.  On the surface without digging deeper, I don't see much issue with what the HC is doing...creating opportunities for kids. 

My thoughts exactly.  The HC is about as selfless a man as there is.  Using his own money and time to give kids a free education and get them qualified to play in college.  This guys pays his own assistants and for the whole teams tuition, out of his own pocket.  Nice to see a wealthy man like that give back so much. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RM7 said:

IMG_1009.PNG

IMG_4947 (1).JPG

IMG_4950 (1) (1).JPG

IMG_4951 (1) (1).JPG

This post started out with positives about kids going to school.  And like always, the haters were about to implode with hate about something good happening at SFA.  You post these ridiculous screenshots in support of your hateful but factually inaccurate positions.  Lets look at them---the text msg conversation with the football background are between a Mervo kid and a person THAT IS NOT AND HAS NEVER been associated with SFA. 

You dont need to take my word---look at the context.  He is asking the kid "What coach talked to you from SFA?"  A SF Coach would not need to ask that question.  He further asks "Did they contact you?".  What SF coach would refer to his own colleagues as 'they'?  Lastly, he states he saw a SF coach at a banquet.  Do I need to explain that a SF coach would not find it noteworthy that he bumped into a fellow coach at a banquet--the SF coaches do study hall year round and see each other several times per week.   These texts are an outside dude inquiring to the kid about the possibility of the kid transferring---and he may have wanted to help that kid transfer for a school that has a horrible track record in getting kids to college.  That same dude was texting about NFL $$.  SF coaches dont even speak on those terms---not when they were kicking asss at Gilman nor now at SF. 

The Mervo coach was full of crap---and he found some like-minded whiners in the MIAA and at MSJ. The Mervo coach knows all of this---but in an effort to keep players from pursuing higher goals in a better situation---he drafted an email full of falsehoods.  Sad for him---and for anyone who believes that crap without more info.   

• Like 1