Immigrants Make Texas Safer

stanscript

The usual claim we hear is that immigrants are bringing an influx of crime from across our border and that's why we need a wall, barrier, slats or whatever.  Texas has the longest border with Mexico, yet crime there is not the problem that certain politicians make it out to be.  

This is from the ultra-conservative CATO Institute think tank funded by the Koch Brothers.  The information used is from the state of Texas.  The text isn't too long for those genuinely interested in their findings.  If you don't have time to read it there are several graphs that make their findings pretty clear.  Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,00 people) than are legal immigrants.  Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,000) than illegal immigrants.

There is no need for a wall.  The wall is a colossal political boondoggle.

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/criminal-immigrants-texas-illegal-immigrant

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stanscript said:

A)  You didn't read it.

B)  You didn't understand it.

You should probably take your own advise LOL....

Q) how many pages, and how many times, will it take a statistician, to learn that conviction rates are NOT RELEVANT AT ALL for comparison, when you actually 'convict' and jail local offenders, and ship out illegals instead of processing and jailing them here...

Bonus question.....how many times are you going to try to pass off your same bullshit misrepresentations as having anything to do with reality?

Do you even comprehend what you read, or do you just eagerly swallow it all up like a chump?

You are not some 'statistics champ'....you are the statistics chump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stanscript said:

Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,00 people) than are legal immigrants.  Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,000) than illegal immigrants. 

That's a fabulous statement by you to be spreading on the internet....

Got any proof to back it up?

Your statistics here certainly don't...

Do you feel no stupidity in making such statements that show you have zero ability to even interpret what you read???

• Like 1

Well you didn't read or didn't understand the article. (BIG SURPRISE) It discusses ARRESTS and CONVICTIONS.

The article states:

"In 2015, Texas police made 815,689 arrests of natives, 37,776 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. For every 100,000 people in each subgroup, there were 3,578 arrests of natives, 2,149 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 698 arrests of legal immigrants (Table 1). The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans. The arrest rate for all immigrants and legal immigrants was 65 percent and 81 percent below that of native-born Americans, respectively."

(underline emphasis is mine)

31 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Well you didn't read the article. (BIG SURPRISE) It discusses ARRESTS and CONVICTIONS.

"In 2015, Texas police made 815,689 arrests of natives, 37,776 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. For every 100,000 people in each subgroup, there were 3,578 arrests of natives, 2,149 arrests of illegal immigrants, and 698 arrests of legal immigrants (Table 1). The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans. The arrest rate for all immigrants and legal immigrants was 65 percent and 81 percent below that of native-born Americans, respectively."

Wrong again chump....I read, and have no problems easily recognizing the farce.  .

All the charts and comparisons that they expect you to swallow, and what they base all their conclusions on show 'conviction rate' comparisons....

Even what you write above is more pure bullshit...Do Texas 'police' do most of the arrests for illegals....or does that usually fall under say the border patrol or ICE?

You are so full of shit that your eyes are brown....

Misdirecting to bullshit wherever he can.....Stan the man...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stanscript said:

The usual claim we hear is that immigrants are bringing an influx of crime from across our border and that's why we need a wall, barrier, slats or whatever.  Texas has the longest border with Mexico, yet crime there is not the problem that certain politicians make it out to be.  

This is from the ultra-conservative CATO Institute think tank funded by the Koch Brothers.  The information used is from the state of Texas.  The text isn't too long for those genuinely interested in their findings.  If you don't have time to read it there are several graphs that make their findings pretty clear.  Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,00 people) than are legal immigrants.  Native Texans are more dangerous (per 100,000) than illegal immigrants.

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/criminal-immigrants-texas-illegal-immigrant

Standing Ovation BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But, they really don't want to see facts.  Just color and race. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, stanscript said:

Well you didn't read or didn't understand the article. (BIG SURPRISE) It discusses ARRESTS and CONVICTIONS.

The article states:

(underline emphasis is mine)

My brother, don't waste your time.  They are filled with so much hate, that they are beyond help.  Only hope is that they are old. 

47 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

My brother, don't waste your time.  They are filled with so much hate, that they are beyond help.  Only hope is that they are old. 

For the record, I think people from south of the border are not any better or worse, than any of the rest of us...

Pretty much why I think the whole standard and premise of the entire thread.... is pretty much just shit for brains thinking...

Toss in Stan the Man with his slight of hand and ……..

We've got ..

giphy.gif

Cheering such lunacy is understandable...

because you think he speaks well of you. 

But does he 'really' speak well of you with such (MIS)representation?

Too many people these days just follow the cue signaling...

and  jump on board any old burning dumpster floating down the river..

The one above is feuled by 'StanspaperStats' .

21 minutes ago, Troll said:

For the record, I think people from south of the border are not any better or worse, than any of the rest of us...

Pretty much why I think the whole standard and premise of the entire thread.... is pretty much just shit for brains thinking...

Toss in Stan the Man with his slight of hand and ……..

We've got ..

giphy.gif

Cheering such lunacy is understandable...

because you think he speaks well of you. 

But does he 'really' speak well of you with such (MIS)representation?

Too many people these days just follow the cue signaling...

and  jump on board any old burning dumpster floating down the river..

The one above is feuled by 'StanspaperStats' .

Speak well of me?  Did not realize I was an undocumented immigrant.  Wait till I get home and surprise BAE that she is not who she thought I was.  But, generalizing has never prevented the haters from making their point. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Speak well of me?  Did not realize I was an undocumented immigrant.  Wait till I get home and surprise BAE that she is not who she thought I was.  But, generalizing has never prevented the haters from making their point. 

Lighten up Nancy...

you've got a point as to generalizing so I guess I'm glad you brought it up..

you may think I was directly pointing at you and I was not....so hopefully you won't take it as too much generalizing.

...and not a hater here....read closer.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stanscript said:

I didn't read the article, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I think the wall is an embarrassment, but how do immigrants make TX safer, even if native Texans commit fewer crimes per 100,000 than illegal immigrants per 100,000?

I guess fewer crimes would be committed per 100,000 Texans (not counting the crime of illegal immigration), but there would still be more crime than there would be if there were fewer immigrants. 

But maybe that's just what you meant. I don't know. 

9 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I didn't read the article, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I think the wall is an embarrassment,

Not picking any fight here either...

But I found one word you said profound...an embarrassment.

Gotta agree...

What's more embarrassing is that many who support the wall... if truthful...would probably admit the same...

I would LOVE to not to have to fence my yard, or lock my doors, ., 

But as embarrassed as everyone is to have to want it....

Do you know some better way to preserve freedoms between tramplers and trampled???

Are you suggesting open borders or some other method of closed with legal integration?

Which would be 'less embarrassing'?

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

Not picking any fight here either...

But I found one word you said profound...an embarrassment.

Gotta agree...

What's more embarrassing is that many who support the wall... if truthful...would probably admit the same...

I would LOVE to not to have to fence my yard, or lock my doors, ., 

But as embarrassed as everyone is to have to want it....

Do you know some better way to preserve freedoms between tramplers and trampled???

Are you suggesting open borders or some other method of closed with legal integration?

Which would be 'less embarrassing'?

Troll, you don't know what I mean. 

I could try to tell you, but you wouldn't know what those words meant. So you'll never know what I mean. 

Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Troll, you don't know what I mean. 

I could try to tell you, but you wouldn't know what those words meant. So you'll never know what I mean. 

Sorry. 

😄 That's my man.

My next post was ….

Thanks...just wanted to know...not getting into any Hatfield/McCoy border dispute tonight...🙄

and you are still looking to return to last nights binge 🤣 

giphy.gif

Hope you are till not stuck in bed...are you?