09 Boise State vs 2011 Crimson Tide

FootballGuy

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They had best LT in the country and bama overlooked ole miss and auburn 

Laremy Tunsil is ONE player. You can't say one player makes up the whole offensive line. And how in the hell do you overlook a team two years in a row?

Bama didn't overlook Auburn either because Bama blew the lead

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Laremy Tunsil is ONE player. You can't say one player makes up the whole offensive line. And how in the hell do you overlook a team two years in a row?

Bama didn't overlook Auburn either because Bama blew the lead

No but one player at tunsil level takes some of pressure off the rest of the offensive line 

And if bama was as good as Those "experts" said they were they wouldn't have lost to Texas a&m, auburn, Oklahoma, ole miss or Ohio State 

Plain and simple, they thought they were bigger then college football and good enough to take on NFL teams ? ? 

Or maybe I'm mistaking those experts who should be fired for stupidity on national television 

But to get back on topic how the heck do you lose to ole miss 2 years in a row when you better talent and coaching (or are said to be better in talent and coaching)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Would have liked to see that bama team had gotten Oregon instead of Notre Dame 

Would have been a good game, but I would have liked Bama's chances because of how physically dominant the offense was. OL with Eddie Lacy and Yeldon would have paved the way. And that would open up a dangerous passing game with receivers like Kevin Norwood and Amari Cooper, and big TE (and great blocker) Michael Williams. That Bama offense was just flat out powerful. If they run the ball at the end of the A&M game instead of throwing the ball 3 times in a row (leading to the Everett interception), they beat A&M and Manziel likely does not win the Heisman.

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

You don't know Bama football if you say 09 was the best team

only distinguishing thing about that team was that they went undefeated

Yeah the 2011 team was better.

All I know is this: Ole Miss is the only team that can hang with and beat Bama.......until LSU can find them a legit quarterback.

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

All I know is this: Ole Miss is the only team that can hang with and beat Bama.......until LSU can find them a legit quarterback.

2011 Bama was significantly better on defense than 09, offense didn't have a big time WR like 09, 12, or any other. With Julio on 2011 Bama, they go 14-0.

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

How bout this: 2005 Vince Young Texas Longhorns vs 2011 Bama.. Who wins that game?

or

2005 USC Trojans (Reggie Bush era) vs 2011 Bama... Who wins? 

I like Bama's D to shut down any kind of passing game Texas tries to use. So they'd force VY to run with it and try to use his magic. That worked against a team like 05 USC, but would not work against an elite and fundamentally sound Bama defense. It would be a great game. 

05 USC would be another good game, but Bama usually stuffs pro style/West coast offenses. Bama could milk the clock on the soft 05 USC D. Great game, but I think Bama takes the same approach to them as to LSU in the NC. Great defense and ball control offense. 

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2011, 2012, 2015, and 2016 Bama were all better than 2009 Bama. 

All defenses above except 2012 had better defenses than 2009. 2012 was about equivalent to 2009 defensively. 

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I like Bama's D to shut down any kind of passing game Texas tries to use. So they'd force VY to run with it and try to use his magic. That worked against a team like 05 USC, but would not work against an elite and fundamentally sound Bama defense. It would be a great game. 

05 USC would be another good game, but Bama usually stuffs pro style/West coast offenses. Bama could milk the clock on the soft 05 USC D. Great game, but I think Bama takes the same approach to them as to LSU in the NC. Great defense and ball control offense. 

You usually beat Bama by passing the ball tho. So not only would Vince run, he'd have some success throwing it since bama's "weakess" is pass defense...and we all saw that went when bama played oklahoma, ohio state, and A&M (both years)

Reggie Bush and that offense vs that Bama D woulda been something special to watch 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

You usually beat Bama by passing the ball tho. So not only would Vince run, he'd have some success throwing it since bama's "weakess" is pass defense...and we all saw that went when bama played oklahoma, ohio state, and A&M (both years)

Reggie Bush and that offense vs that Bama D woulda been something special to watch 

You're basing this off generalization, not facts. 

Bama started to struggle after 2011 against the pass more because of the drop off in the secondary (talent wise)

2011 Bama had a great pass defense, and to this day by far the best secondary of any Bama team. 2013 and 2014 had huge massive drop offs in talent in the secondary and performance against the pass. 

Have to actually examine the team instead of using generalizations. I can't stand this. 

A&M, Ohio State, and Oklahoma were all against the worst secondaries Bama has had (with the exception of 2012).

You can't compare the 2013 (who did poorly against A&M and Oklahoma) and 2014 (who struggled against OSU) to 2011 Bama. 

LOOK at the personnel differences and you'll see. 

And I don't know why people cherry pick Bama for struggling against great dual threat QB...almost all teams do. Shows you how many people can actually think critically and find out for themselves what's true and what's not, instead of passing off what the talking heads of ESPN say as their own. 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2016 Bama D sends Leinhart to the ER

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Is it safe to say that you're a Bama fan?

2014 Ohio State vs 2015 Bama is a far more attractive match up. I like Bama to win that too because 

A) more capable run game- Bama was running the ball down their throats with Henry, then Kiffin mysteriously stopped doing it

B) a much better passing QB with Coker (Sims struggled against Ohio State with the intermediate and short passing game-this would not be a problem with Coker)

C) Bama's front 7 was historically great and incredibly deep, the best I've ever seen. They would be good enough to limit Elliot and Cardale Jones

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I think the talent on both teams stack up to bama talent 

2011 and 2012 close games either way but 2013 would have been exposed by either team

2013 pass defense was awful, by Bama standards. 2014 was arguably worse. 2015 was the revival of elite defense in Tuscaloosa.

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

You're basing this off generalization, not facts. 

Bama started to struggle after 2011 against the pass more because of the drop off in the secondary (talent wise)

2011 Bama had a great pass defense, and to this day by far the best secondary of any Bama team. 2013 and 2014 had huge massive drop offs in talent in the secondary and performance against the pass. 

Have to actually examine the team instead of using generalizations. I can't stand this. 

A&M, Ohio State, and Oklahoma were all against the worst secondaries Bama has had (with the exception of 2012).

You can't compare the 2013 (who did poorly against A&M and Oklahoma) and 2014 (who struggled against OSU) to 2011 Bama. 

LOOK at the personnel differences and you'll see. 

And I don't know why people cherry pick Bama for struggling against great dual threat QB...almost all teams do. Shows you how many people can actually think critically and find out for themselves what's true and what's not, instead of passing off what the talking heads of ESPN say as their own. 

2012 was a great secondary

In 2013, Bama was kinda weak at cornerback but they did have Sunseri, Collins, Clinton-Dix.

2014: Cyrus Jones, Landon, Nick Perry, eddie jackson. Okay secondary

2015: Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, Cyrus Jones, eddie jackson, Geno Smith. damn good secondary

2016: Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Ronnie Harrison, Tony Brown, Anthony Averett. Pretty good secondary

I'll give you the 2014 and maybe the 2013 Bama secondary only because they were suspect at cornerback but great at the safety positions. So for "roughly" two seasons, there was a drop-off in talent but other than that, they were great. 

My thing is this: how can you say that an all world QB in Vince Young wouldn't have done good because of Bama's scheme and talent? 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

You don't know Bama football if you say 09 was the best team

only distinguishing thing about that team was that they went undefeated

Agreed. 

2011 had a historic NCAA defense. 2016 had a much better offense than 2009. I like 2011 and 2016 to beat 2009 team 

The 2011 Alabama defense led the nation in PPG, passing yards allowed per game, rushing yards per game. Pick a category, they probably won it. 

They remain only team in the last 30 plus years to lead the NCAA in points per game, total yards allowed per game, pass yards allowed per game, rushing yards allowed per game.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1019311-is-the-2011-alabama-crimson-tide-defense-the-best-ever

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2012 was a great secondary

In 2013, Bama was kinda weak at cornerback but they did have Sunseri, Collins, Clinton-Dix.

2014: Cyrus Jones, Landon, Nick Perry, eddie jackson. Okay secondary

2015: Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, Cyrus Jones, eddie jackson, Geno Smith. damn good secondary

2016: Humphrey, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Ronnie Harrison, Tony Brown, Anthony Averett. Pretty good secondary

I'll give you the 2014 and maybe the 2013 Bama secondary only because they were suspect at cornerback but great at the safety positions. So for "roughly" two seasons, there was a drop-off in talent but other than that, they were great. 

My thing is this: how can you say that an all world QB in Vince Young wouldn't have done good because of Bama's scheme and talent? 

Sunsets and Landon were NOT good against the deep ball, which is what most teams were trying to do. 

VY didn't have near the passing ability and arm talent that QBs like Manziel or Chad Kelly had.