Next Nor Cal threat to the DLS streak

Sammyswordsman

44 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nor Cal guys.  Inkerdum was 11-1 and thrashed Yuba City last year.  Any chance they can get into DLS playoff bracket this year in lieu of (2 byes), Pittsburg and Something something Valley?  Not gonna lie, they need new teams in that playoff bracket.

Not a threat any time soon. Central Catholic of Modesto beat them last year. Central is very good for a small country school of 350ish but not near DLS status. 

I think you’re trolling but I’ll take the bait. Inderkum was a good football team last season but not even close to DLS level. Considering they’re a Sacramento team I don’t believe they can be in DLS playoffs. 

Realistically, although they’re big underdogs every time, Folsom and Pitt are the only NorCal teams that will play DLS that have enough talent to pull off the upset. Pitt disapoints every season and lacks coaching and DLS has Folsom’s kryptonite (big lines). 

Capital Christian is my NorCal team to keep an eye on for years to come as they’re a private who’s been getting athletes recently. They’re trending up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I think you’re trolling but I’ll take the bait. Inderkum was a good football team last season but not even close to DLS level. Considering they’re a Sacramento team I don’t believe they can be in DLS playoffs. 

Realistically, although they’re big underdogs every time, Folsom and Pitt are the only NorCal teams that will play DLS that have enough talent to pull off the upset. Pitt disapoints every season and lacks coaching and DLS has Folsom’s kryptonite (big lines). 

Capital Christian is my NorCal team to keep an eye on for years to come as they’re a private who’s been getting athletes recently. They’re trending up.

Capital Christian is hot and heavy on the recruiting trail according to sources close to the program

11 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Hmmm

1). Do you really think sammy was trolling?    

2). Pitt’s Coach is an ex DLS QB that I think is a pretty good coach — you simply can’t take dls’s Approach at a public school.  It’s just too hard to get THAT buy-in and Tougher at a place like Pitt than Folsom where the whole community at least drinks the same kool-ade 

3). It’s not DLS’s size, it’s their strength that gives Folsom fits.  I think Folsom is bigger.  I know that my favorite DLS team (2010, won a piece of MNC after taking the servite program of the rails for a decade) had the smallest lines in EBAL.  The 2012 that first played Folsom had 1 OL over 220#.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No team in their league will beat DLS anytime soon. Perhaps Serra, or Bellermine if they have an outstanding group of kids coming up and the game is scheduled a few years in advance. Those 2 teams have come close in the past. But somehow DLS always manages to pull out a W. Sooner or later their luck will end. But I think the streak will be safe for the next few years. Note, Folsom had one of their most talented teams ever and played DLS in game 1 with a soph. QB and were shutout. So, whoever that NorCal team is will have their work cut out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

Hmmm

1). Do you really think sammy was trolling?    

2). Pitt’s Coach is an ex DLS QB that I think is a pretty good coach — you simply can’t take dls’s Approach at a public school.  It’s just too hard to get THAT buy-in and Tougher at a place like Pitt than Folsom where the whole community at least drinks the same kool-ade 

3). It’s not DLS’s size, it’s their strength that gives Folsom fits.  I think Folsom is bigger.  I know that my favorite DLS team (2010, won a piece of MNC after taking the servite program of the rails for a decade) had the smallest lines in EBAL.  The 2012 that first played Folsom had 1 OL over 220#.  

1) Inkerdum and DLS aren't even in the same hemisphere. 

2) After watching Pitt vs C10 last year and previous years watching them squander big first half leads, I'd say yes, their coaching is a weak point. They have the athletes just not disciplined. 

3) Folsom is def not bigger on the lines than DLS. They weren't last year and won't be this year. You're right though that no matter the size, DLS lines are just plain better. 

• Like 1