Largest deficits faced by St. Thomas Aquinas, last 15 years:

badrouter

Lakeland gave STA the blueprint on how to be successful. 

STA was a middle of the road program while Lakeland skull dented them for decades. 

Then George Smith realized the only way to compete Is to hire runners to poach all the public talent. It worked. They started to get all the talent via the no boundary private route, while secretly snitching on Lakeland for a Transfer here or there to the FHSAA. 

It got so bad with STA acting like a little snitch ass bitch that they had politicians intervene and pass laws that allow public schools to play by the same rules as private’s. 

I called it right after it passed. I said give Lakeland a few years to get some talent now they arent being handicapped anymore. 

The chickens have come home to roost!! 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

STA was a middle of the road program while Lakeland skull dented them for decades. 

Then George Smith realized the only way to compete Is to hire runners to poach all the public talent. It worked. They started to get all the talent via the no boundary private route, while secretly snitching on Lakeland for a Transfer here or there to the FHSAA. 

It got so bad with STA acting like a little snitch ass bitch that they had politicians intervene and pass laws that allow public schools to play by the same rules as private’s. 

I called it right after it passed. I said give Lakeland a few years to get some talent now they arent being handicapped anymore. 

Lol.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Don't forget your tinfoil hats or else The FHSAA and STA will erase your memories of these events... 

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

How's Lakeland looking for next year?   I know they have Bowman but they lost a lot.  Can they make it to the ship next year IYO?

Talked to someone from Lakeland a few days ago

They should be very good next year, idk if as good as this team but they will be solid (probably at least on par with STA in simple terms just not as deep a gap as this past year was) so probably within 7 points as of today

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That was probably Los who called from his basement whining LMAO

• Haha 2

On 2/18/2019 at 4:34 PM, 954gator said:

How's Lakeland looking for next year?   I know they have Bowman but they lost a lot.  Can they make it to the ship next year IYO?

Hard to say. I think they can be as good offensively. Up front they lose some folks, but Bowman led the way. New QB could be as good or better as the old one (not saying much I know.) On defense, secondary should be better. But the front seven is gutted. Some young talent, but think they'll need to get some transfers (maybe they Lake Gibson kid that just committed to UF?!?) to come close to replicating last year. Until we know about transfers or lack thereof, can't say too much definitively. I've said here before I thought the 2018 team was their best ever. So, odds are 2019 won't be as good.

• Like 1