Tiger does it again!

CCBlackhatter

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

It was great to see the new era of players get a small taste of vintage Tiger on Sunday. He didn't dominate, of course, but all the players were aware of his presence and how he was playing by the loud crowds. If this win and the confidence gained from it allows Tiger to parlay it into another major win or two this season -- these guys will start to fear him just like yesteryear.

I mean, Tiger wasn't even top 40 in driving distance this tournament -- an advantage he used to own on the field -- and missed numerous putts he could have made and still won this tournament. Because he's the absolute best with his irons, distance control and putting. If he can remain relatively healthy, he's gonna win a couple more.

That said, Brooks Koepka is a flat out stud and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. That dude can swing it. And he's unflappable. He's won 3 Majors the past 18 months and was close today.

I was also proud of Jason Day's performance especially considering the back issues. That guy manned up.

As much as I would to see a repeat of the younger Tiger years, I just don't see it happening.  His back is so jacked up, that he needs shots in his back just to make it around sometimes. 

• Sad 1

Sure was a fun Masters to watch. Tiger winning was the program network's dream. Tough for the Italian Molinari played solid the first 3 rounds and then to collapse on the back nine was brutal. And four guys hitting in the drink on 12 was unreal. Credit to Woods for playing a solid back nine and not letting the pressure get to him. His smile at the end seemed genuine. I think is in a good place right now.

And credit to Augusta National always hosting the best golf tourney of the year. Speaking of tourneys the Western Intercollegiate is going on right now at Pasatiempo Golf course near Monterey, CA. about 30 miles South of Pebble Beach reason I bring it up one they are the future PGA stars of tomorrow and two the course was designed by Alister Mackenzie. The same guy that designed Augusta National. Great track if you're in the area it is definitely worth playing. The Golf Channel will be showing the tourney at 4pm PST.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Sure was a fun Masters to watch. Tiger winning was the program network's dream. Tough for the Italian Molinari played solid the first 3 rounds and then to collapse on the back nine was brutal. And four guys hitting in the drink on 12 was unreal. Credit to Woods for playing a solid back nine and not letting the pressure get to him. His smile at the end seemed genuine. I think is in a good place right now.

And credit to Augusta National always hosting the best golf tourney of the year. Speaking of tourneys the Western Intercollegiate is going on right now at Pasatiempo Golf course near Monterey, CA. about 30 miles South of Pebble Beach reason I bring it up one they are the future PGA stars of tomorrow and two the course was designed by Alister Mackenzie. The same guy that designed Augusta National. Great track if you're in the area it is definitely worth playing. The Golf Channel will be showing the tourney at 4pm PST.

I went to a friends wedding at Pasatiempo. Coulda sworn it was in Santa Cruz on Hwy. 17 Wouldn’t that be about an hour north of Pebble?

I could be wrong, I was pretty drunk that whole weekend 😵.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I went to a friends wedding at Pasatiempo. Coulda sworn it was in Santa Cruz on Hwy. 17 Wouldn’t that be about an hour north of Pebble?

Yes, you are correct.  Its in Felton/Santa Cruz.  35-40 minutes north of Pebble during non commute hours.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cossacks said:

My bad. I meant North of Pebble Beach. Aztec is right, 35-40 min. during non commute hrs and avoid the beach traffic in the Spring/Summer. Anyway great course but tough. Use to be a good deal back in the day but now not so much.  $275 to walk and 3 Benjamin's to ride. 😳

• Like 2