SJR 2017 Schedule

BigNorthU2

Posted by our favorite Darren Cooper

2017 St. Joseph Regional Football Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 2 vs. Deerfield Beach (Fla.) 1 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 9 at St. John’s College HS (Wash DC) 2 p.m.

Saturday, Sept 16 at Delbarton, 1 p.m.

Saturday, Sept 30 at Bergen Catholic, 1 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 7 vs. Don Bosco Prep, 2 p.m.

Saturday, Oct 14 vs. Pope John, 2 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 20 at St. Peter’s Prep, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 28 at Paramus Catholic, 1 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 4 vs. DePaul, 1 p.m.

• Like 2

I think most of the schedules in the Big North are essentially the same...the sig six play each other, they play 2, hopefully challenging OOS, and then they play two other games against solid competition in the interest of being ready for the playoffs.  I guess the difference in the schedules is in the OOS and picking games that will help them prepare for tougher teams, as opposed to walk-overs. Delby and PJ are trap games for SJR, since both teams are good enough to win if they play well and SJR plays sloppy.  Especially where they are in the schedule, as Delby is a game after playing 2 OOS and PJ is after playing BC and Bosco.  Last year, both of the trap games (Delby and Friendship) were blessings, after coming off their two losses, it allowed them to refocus.  Let's see what the future holds this season for SJR.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigNorthU2 said:

I think most of the schedules in the Big North are essentially the same...the sig six play each other, they play 2, hopefully challenging OOS, and then they play two other games against solid competition in the interest of being ready for the playoffs.  I guess the difference in the schedules is in the OOS and picking games that will help them prepare for tougher teams, as opposed to walk-overs. Delby and PJ are trap games for SJR, since both teams are good enough to win if they play well and SJR plays sloppy.  Especially where they are in the schedule, as Delby is a game after playing 2 OOS and PJ is after playing BC and Bosco.  Last year, both of the trap games (Delby and Friendship) were blessings, after coming off their two losses, it allowed them to refocus.  Let's see what the future holds this season for SJR.

Delby and PJ are not trap games. SJR should win those games nearly every year. It's life in the BNU. Be ready every week although according to some posters the regular season means nothing now.  

9 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Delby and PJ are not trap games. SJR should win those games nearly every year. It's life in the BNU. Be ready every week although according to some posters the regular season means nothing now.  

Jimbo, I agree, but a trap game is usually a game you're supposed to win after a big victory.  Both of these games are after huge games and if SJR prevails, there is a threat of a letdown, is all.  Yes, you need to be ready to play every week, but if you look ahead before (BC after Delby, St Peters/PC after PJ) it could be bad.

4 minutes ago, BigNorthU2 said:

Jimbo, I agree, but a trap game is usually a game you're supposed to win after a big victory.  Both of these games are after huge games and if SJR prevails, there is a threat of a letdown, is all.  Yes, you need to be ready to play every week, but if you look ahead before (BC after Delby, St Peters/PC after PJ) it could be bad.

exactly

these are wins for SJR but both teams a strong enough to take advantage if SJR takes the day off. 

for the away game at St Johns college...SJR will be hosting alumni tailgate......very good schedule...look forward to another great year.  pretty sure some peeps have mentioned that pope john may be better than last season.  side note....did not realize Pearson from PC plays lax...thats a big attackman at 6'3 225.....

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

for the away game at St Johns college...SJR will be hosting alumni tailgate......very good schedule...look forward to another great year.  pretty sure some peeps have mentioned that pope john may be better than last season.  side note....did not realize Pearson from PC plays lax...thats a big attackman at 6'3 225.....

I thought SJR was getting really good at lax....why would deccio leave joes If he was starting to build something special