Venice HC suspended, school fined.

golfaddict1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If they want to beat STA, they will have to play by their rules. Lol

STA gets a dozen high profile transfers from West Palm to Homestead every year, and the public schools in 7A they compete with try and get one guy that isn't even a high ranked prospect and they should throw the book at them! 

Sounds legit 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

STA gets a dozen high profile transfers from West Palm to Homestead every year, and the public schools in 7A they compete with try and get one guy that isn't even a high ranked prospect and they should throw the book at them! 

Sounds legit 

Its all stupid.... This is like the whole Grayson situation....

what I don't understand is if Florida doesn't have a transfer policy for players (ala kids moving to any school they want for the season and playing that very day) what the fuck is the big deal with a public school coach trying to load his team up for who they have to face in the playoffs; a team that does the very same thing???  What's the difference b/n the kid's friends telling him to transfer and play (which could happen without any penalty) or the coach commenting on the kid transfering and how good his team would be if that player came to that school.

what's the big deal and what's the difference in this situation???  tx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

The HC was texting with a student athlete attending another HS with the theme of transferring...  if you're that foolish you deserve the punishment.   

where does it specifically state that Peacock himself was texting with the student-athlete from the OTHER team???  is it that blatant in the article that I am overlooking it???  tx.

6 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

where does it specifically state that Peacock himself was texting with the student-athlete from the OTHER team???  is it that blatant in the article that I am overlooking it???  tx.

My bad.  Students were doing the texting and then showed it to the HC and he was aware and mentioned questions/statements to have his kids respond with.   Not a good look and it's not in the fhsaa playbook.  5 grand is pretty steep.  Fhsaa doesn't toss those fines around for warnings.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

My bad.  Students were doing the texting and then showed it to the HC and he was aware and mentioned questions/statements to have his kids respond with.   Not a good look and it's not in the fhsaa playbook.  5 grand is pretty steep.  Fhsaa doesn't toss those fines around for warnings.  

I don't know the answer to this but I'm sure you might; 5K is pretty steep but do you think (since you live/coach/play down that way) that this was an unfair penalty for that coach???  Plenty of other recruiting violations and violators but I never heard of a monetary fine like that towards an individual coach.  I do think he got off light b/c its during spring ball he serves the suspension but still seems extremely harsh.  Was the intent there; yeah sounds like it but again I can't speculate what his intentions were.  Any precedent already set by FHSA or other governing body towards another coach in the past???  tx. 

3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I don't know the answer to this but I'm sure you might; 5K is pretty steep but do you think (since you live/coach/play down that way) that this was an unfair penalty for that coach???  Plenty of other recruiting violations and violators but I never heard of a monetary fine like that towards an individual coach.  I do think he got off light b/c its during spring ball he serves the suspension but still seems extremely harsh.  Was the intent there; yeah sounds like it but again I can't speculate what his intentions were.  Any precedent already set by FHSA or other governing body towards another coach in the past???  tx. 

The whole fine thing is because the state of Florida's legislators passed that transfer bill. I think the FHSAA and the state of Florida worked together to include the fine language in the bill. 

Perhaps this had something to do with the fine directed at the HC... Venice under Peacock was hit by the FHSAA back in 2010 and was fined and forfeited games from the 2009 season.  

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20101116/venice-high-fined-forfeit-2009-games  

"Venice was found guilty of four of the 16 violations against the school.  The offense that led to the forfeitures stemmed from a student/football player falsifying his address to gain athletic eligibility.  The school received fines for three other violations: another student providing housing to a student/athlete, assistant football coaches providing impermissible benefits in the form of housing to two student/athletes and a school representative recruiting by sending text messages to a student registered at another school, who did not attend Venice High."

Here is a $2500 fine to Trenton HS from February.

http://floridahsfootball.com/2017/02/02/trenton-football-forced-move-class-4a-due-fhsaa-recruiting-violation/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Perhaps this had something to do with the fine directed at the HC... Venice under Peacock was hit by the FHSAA back in 2010 and was fined and forfeited games from the 2009 season.  

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20101116/venice-high-fined-forfeit-2009-games  

"Venice was found guilty of four of the 16 violations against the school.  The offense that led to the forfeitures stemmed from a student/football player falsifying his address to gain athletic eligibility.  The school received fines for three other violations: another student providing housing to a student/athlete, assistant football coaches providing impermissible benefits in the form of housing to two student/athletes and a school representative recruiting by sending text messages to a student registered at another school, who did not attend Venice High."

Here is a $2500 fine to Trenton HS from February.

http://floridahsfootball.com/2017/02/02/trenton-football-forced-move-class-4a-due-fhsaa-recruiting-violation/

FHSAA is Freakin stupid. I looked up Trentons location. 4A?! Whats the nearest 4A school to them?! Theyre rural 1A for a reason.