Where Brooklyn At!!

legendsofthefall

15 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Interested to see how this plays out - if KD gets paid 35+ million for a full year of watching basketball and doesn’t come back at his peak and Kyrie pulls his locker room antics, Knicks will be breathing a sigh of relief.  If they both max out their potential, the Knicks will be punching  themselves in the nuts in a few years.  This will at least get people to Barclays to see the team for a few years, something that hasn’t been done yet considering they are at the bottom of the NBA in attendance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Word just came out that Dolan wasn't prepared to offer max contract to KD. You're only getting KD for the max so why did they even bother meeting with him? Only the Knicks and Dolan can be so clueless and arrogant. 

Thats not entirely true. Dubs were the only ones that could offer max,  something like 5 yrs at $220 mill or so,  $ 50 mil more  than any one else.  KD all along just wanted to go elsewhere and seeing Beyonce and Jayzee front court at Finals in Oakland should have been a hint, or else why are they out on the West Coast seeing teams that don't matter to them

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Interested to see how this plays out - if KD gets paid 35+ million for a full year of watching basketball and doesn’t come back at his peak and Kyrie pulls his locker room antics, Knicks will be breathing a sigh of relief.  If they both max out their potential, the Knicks will be punching  themselves in the nuts in a few years.  This will at least get people to Barclays to see the team for a few years, something that hasn’t been done yet considering they are at the bottom of the NBA in attendance.

Agree. I think the Warriors given the circumstances, are better off and can rebuild without having to pay out max money for an aging and injury prone superstar, especially with the unknown of an Achilles heel injury.  The knicks have money and space, and it would have been a big risk signing KD.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Thats not entirely true. Dubs were the only ones that could offer max,  something like 5 yrs at $220 mill or so,  $ 50 mil more  than any one else.  KD all along just wanted to go elsewhere and seeing Beyonce and Jayzee front court at Finals in Oakland should have been a hint, or else why are they out on the West Coast seeing teams that don't matter to them

This isn't about GS. This is about the the Knicks being plain stupid going in thinking they could offer him less than the Nets or the Warriors. Is he a risk? Of course. However it's a risk any team as bad as the Knicks has to take when you can have a top 3 player in the world and your roster is so devoid of superstar talent. If he busts then big deal they still have their young draft picks they're trying to build on at the same time. He's the unicorn type they had to spend on. They cleared all the cap space, moved Porzingis and targeted this summer all along to spend big. After all that, they end up with Julius Randle lol In the end he probably didn't want to come because he knows what an idiotic franchise they are with Dolan at the helm. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

This isn't about GS. This is about the the Knicks being plain stupid going in thinking they could offer him less than the Nets or the Warriors. Is he a risk? Of course. However it's a risk any team as bad as the Knicks has to take when you can have a top 3 player in the world and your roster is so devoid of superstar talent. If he busts then big deal they still have their young draft picks they're trying to build on at the same time. He's the unicorn type they had to spend on. They cleared all the cap space, moved Porzingis and targeted this summer all along to spend big. After all that, they end up with Julius Randle lol In the end he probably didn't want to come because he knows what an idiotic franchise they are with Dolan at the helm. 

The question is, at least in my opinion, is do the Knicks need a gate draw to sell tickets ?  Is attendance an issue ?  If not, than I think they can be patient than to jump all in . Durant is injury prone. On a team like the knicks, he will have to carry them every night. No luxury of letting him cruise until the playoffs like he had in the setup at G.S.  Knicks need way more than a risk at this point.  Players at Durant's age don't come back and perform at same level as before with that type of injury. He can still be great, but not like he was pre Achilles.  I have never seen a top NBA player come back the same as before an injury with the achilles. Dominique Wilkins, the Human Highlight had an achilles injury as he was aging. He wasn't even close to what he was . Would Irving have gone to the knicks if Durant had signed with them ?  Jayzee is a part owner of Brooklyn if I recall. 

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The question is, at least in my opinion, is do the Knicks need a gate draw to sell tickets ?  Is attendance an issue ?  If not, than I think they can be patient than to jump all in . Durant is injury prone. On a team like the knicks, he will have to carry them every night. No luxury of letting him cruise until the playoffs like he had in the setup at G.S.  Knicks need way more than a risk at this point.  Players at Durant's age don't come back and perform at same level as before with that type of injury. He can still be great, but not like he was pre Achilles.  I have never seen a top NBA player come back the same as before an injury with the achilles. Dominique Wilkins, the Human Highlight had an achilles injury as he was aging. He wasn't even close to what he was . Would Irving have gone to the knicks if Durant had signed with them ?  Jayzee is a part owner of Brooklyn if I recall. 

Jay Z sold his ownership stake in the Nets more than 5 years ago. He has something like a percentage of a percentage point ownership in the Barclay's Center or something like that.

I get all the stuff about coming back from an achilles injury, the odds being against KD post-30 and there's no doubt about that. They are being patient and getting Barrett was a good start. However being a lifelong Knicks fan, when you have a chance to bring back potential stardom to the Mecca you have to do it. There's no excuse not to. Especially when they're going to still be a bottom feeder next year anyway. Durant represented a shot to get out of the perpetual gutter after next season (risk assumed) and they passed on that in favor of what? Next year? The year after? There's no guarantee any superstars will be there for them at that time or want to express a desire to play in MSG. It's just a continued reflection of the dysfunction at the top of this franchise. Trust the process. There has to be an end goal. We'll see. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Dominique Wilkins, the Human Highlight had an achilles injury as he was aging. He wasn't even close to what he was .

Completely wrong lol

the two seasons after his return from the injury he averaged 29 and 26 points a game.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Completely wrong lol

the two seasons after his return from the injury he averaged 29 and 26 points a game.

Numbers on teams that are louzy don't mean that much. He couldn't  get off the ground any where close to what he did before.  Any of these guys given  enough shots, can get some numbers.  Durant can still be good, just not as good . I use Wilkins as an example because I was a season ticket holder in ATL during the 80's when he was the Human Highlight, and I know the difference. When he went to the Celtics it was a shadow of his former self. I lost track of him because I became disinterested. The best example was Phil Smith of Dubs in 70's. !rst team all NBA guard. Tore the achilles and went down the tubes radically and finally traded or let go. 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Never post about basketball again. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Your just ignorant.

You’re*

And This is a franchise that gave Allan Houston a 100 million extension for 6 years in 01. Per inflation that’s probably almost 145 million. 

Not to mention the Joaquim Noah contract. The 4 year 72 million dollar contract equated to 300k per point he scored with the Knicks and 1.3 million per game played, and 68K per minute played. 

It’s called saving face you are now relegated to the B squad in NY. 

Again, please don’t post about basketball again. You’re clueless. 

28 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Any of these guys given  enough shots, can get some numbers.

Again you’re wrong

the year after the injury in averaged exactly 0.5% more shots and the second year he averaged 0.3% less shots.Its been a long time so I’ll give you a pass on memory.

22 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Again you’re wrong

the year after the injury in averaged exactly 0.5% more shots and the second year he averaged 0.3% less shots.Its been a long time so I’ll give you a pass on memory.

Durant wanted nothing to do with the Knicks so Dolan is like we didn’t want to offer him the max. Right!? The best player in the world injury or not. Total BS. 

The Knicks have been drooling over KD for a year.

Thats the equivalent of you telling your buddies in HS you are going to ask by far the prettiest girl to prom in town but when you asked she had a pimple on her face  so now you’re not interested anymore after she said no..... (when Colin Coherd says that tomorrow you heard it here first) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Again you’re wrong

I guess if your looking at a stat sheet, one would think your correct. But I would challenge you to find anyone who followed Nique pre Achilles injury, to Nique post Achilles injury, to come out and say he was the same. I know Nique and his game like few others. I saw him for 6 straight seasons for practically every game he played, at least at the Omni.  I saw him post injury and he wasn't the same. The explosiveness wasn't there.  Also, his teams he played on were nothing like the good teams he played on in the 80's  up until 90. When the teams you play on are lousy, you don't experience the same defensive effort by the opponant as to when your team is  good. Putting up numbers on a bad team, especially for a great player that Nique was, is not as difficult like he did when the Hawks were in their prime. Numbers can be misleading if that is all you are going on .  Going forward, we shall see if  Durant is the same or not. No need to beat the point to death. If you go by stats, the stats will heavily go in the favor for a player not being equal to what he was before  injury

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Again you’re wrong

11 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I guess if your looking at a stat sheet, one would think your correct. But I would challenge you to find anyone who followed Nique pre Achilles injury, to Nique post Achilles injury, to come out and say he was the same. I know Nique and his game like few others. I saw him for 6 straight seasons for practically every game he played, at least at the Omni.  I saw him post injury and he wasn't the same. The explosiveness wasn't there.  Also, his teams he played on were nothing like the good teams he played on in the 80's  up until 90. When the teams you play on are lousy, you don't experience the same defensive effort by the opponant as to when your team is  good. Putting up numbers on a bad team, especially for a great player that Nique was, is not as difficult like he did when the Hawks were in their prime. Numbers can be misleading if that is all you are going on .  Going forward, we shall see if  Durant is the same or not. No need to beat the point to death. If you go by stats, the stats will heavily go in the favor for a player not being equal to what he was before  injury

And let me just add this one more thing. As a warrior fan, I'm glad they didn't resign Durant and assume that risk . That is how strongly I feel about an Achilles injury . A knick fan, however, is in a different predicament, I get it . They need to take risks more than a lot of teams at this point. I wish Durant well, but I wish the Warriors well a lot more.

14 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Dominique Wilkins, the Human Highlight had an achilles injury as he was aging. He wasn't even close to what he was 

13 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Any of these guys given  enough shots, can get some numbers

11 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I guess if your looking at a stat sheet, one would think your correct.

I wasn’t looking at anything but your two incorrect statement’s.

you don’t average 29.9 points a game if you’re not even close to your pre injury self

He didn’t take more shots to reach his pre injury self

30 minutes ago, Ararar said:

you don’t average 29.9 points a game if you’re not even close to your pre injury self

If you need a present day example of what an achilles looks like, just look at Cousins. He got injured half way through the season 2 yrs ago then returned last Dec this past season. It took him all the way to until the play offs to get back  to 80 -85 percent of what he was by the time playoffs started. Then the other quad injury developed.  He will never be the same athletically as he was before injury. He may alter the way he plays and learn how in a different  way to put up numbers, especially if he goes to a crap team .  Dominique was similar in a way. He was a far greater athleate than a cousins , but the way he could spring to the hole and get off his shot inside the paint definitely changed. He became more of an ouside shooter, and  his team was not very good . If Cousins goes to a team like a Sacramento was for years , he will put up numbers also

45 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Durant will put up numbers for sure. But will he be the same is the question. Durant will be able until he is 60 to stroke that 35 ft  shot. But  will he be able to make that quick cut to the basket and pull up on a dime , or continue to go to the basket and drive with authority the way he has done in the past. He could average 30 a game, but will he be the same Durant is the question. I hope you see the point I'm trying to make. Great players will score, but will they be able to do the things in the same way as before that made them ultra great.

32 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

If you need a present day example of what an achilles looks like, just look at Cousins. He got injured half way through the season 2 yrs ago then returned last Dec this past season. It took him all the way to until the play offs to get back  to 80 -85 percent of what he was by the time playoffs started. Then the other quad injury developed.  He will never be the same athletically as he was before injury. He may alter the way he plays and learn how in a different  way to put up numbers, especially if he goes to a crap team .  Dominique was similar in a way. He was a far greater athleate than a cousins , but the way he could spring to the hole and get off his shot inside the paint definitely changed. He became more of an ouside shooter, and  his team was not very good . If Cousins goes to a team like a Sacramento was for years , he will put up numbers also

23 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Durant will put up numbers for sure. But will he be the same is the question. Durant will be able until he is 60 to stroke that 35 ft  shot. But  will he be able to make that quick cut to the basket and pull up on a dime , or continue to go to the basket and drive with authority the way he has done in the past. He could average 30 a game, but will he be the same Durant is the question. I hope you see the point I'm trying to make. Great players will score, but will they be able to do the things in the same way as before that made them ultra great.

This has nothing to do with what I quoted you saying.You were hyperbolic in your assessment of Nique post injury.Whatever KD becomes post injury remains to be seen