This is the shit I listen to when I turning in for the night.

Cat_Scratch

LOL, It helps me fall asleep. 

We are not so light years apart my man. In 6th grade I had the hots for Mrs. Keys and she was into astronomy. I joined the asronomy club and it stuck even after I finifshed school.

I'm still that Aquarian Dude from the late 60's. Seems this generation is repeating some of the same mistakes the generation before us was stuck in. I don't wear tie dye anymore but I still love Hendrix.

Peace Brother.  

• Like 1

I've gotten hooked on these wilderness/bushcraft youtube videos. Guys who make a living filming themselves build cabins or shelters, and fish and hunt and cook in the forest. 

This particular guy got tired of corporate life, and chose a more relaxing existence. He teaches himself to be very skilled with tools. Gets great exercise, and creates quite an appetite during the course of the day. And occasionally allows his wife and daughter on film, but not as often as he allows his dog to be seen.

Pretty calming before getting some shut eye.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2019 at 7:21 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

LOL, It helps me fall asleep. 

We are not so light years apart my man. In 6th grade I had the hots for Mrs. Keys and she was into astronomy. I joined the asronomy club and it stuck even after I finifshed school.

I'm still that Aquarian Dude from the late 60's. Seems this generation is repeating some of the same mistakes the generation before us was stuck in. I don't wear tie dye anymore but I still love Hendrix.

Peace Brother.  

Since you dig astronomy you can check this one...but I must preface

Gaia and Zohar are overboard (so not necessarily recommended), and the dude in this clip claims a lot for his own which is not his, and also goes overboard at times.  He's absolutely on the right track with the electromagnetic universe theory, but has developed 'several' theories which are not always consistent in my book...

Anyways it looks like he's updated (yet again lol) to his 'latest theory', which if you follow a lot of more modern astronomy, dovetails effortlessly with all physical evidence....wonder what your thoughts would be on this theorem.

Oh and yes that other shit put me right to sleep ......LOLOL...  

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:07 PM, Belly Bob said:

You've probably already seen this guy's stuff. He builds everything from scratch and there's no talking. Good stuff.

The algorithms recommend primitive technology HARD on youtube 🤣

Who hasn't found themselves watching some dude build a mud hut with a swimming pool by hand with no tools haha....

good stuff, but you could never dig those in our soil and they get too repetitive....😑 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Since you dig astronomy you can check this one...but I must preface

Gaia and Zohar are overboard (so not necessarily recommended), and the dude in this clip claims a lot for his own which is not his, and also goes overboard at times.  He's absolutely on the right track with the electromagnetic universe theory, but has developed 'several' theories which are not always consistent in my book...

Anyways it looks like he's updated (yet again lol) to his 'latest theory', which if you follow a lot of more modern astronomy, dovetails effortlessly with all physical evidence....wonder what your thoughts would be on this theorem.

Oh and yes that other shit put me right to sleep ......LOLOL...  

Lots of theories floating around. Some come from a lot of back research, like hundreds of years of research and some just pops up, like string theory and M theory... I like it all though because it expands thinking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

I've gotten hooked on these wilderness/bushcraft youtube videos. Guys who make a living filming themselves build cabins or shelters, and fish and hunt and cook in the forest. 

This particular guy got tired of corporate life, and chose a more relaxing existence. He teaches himself to be very skilled with tools. Gets great exercise, and creates quite an appetite during the course of the day. And occasionally allows his wife and daughter on film, but not as often as he allows his dog to be seen.

Pretty calming before getting some shut eye.

Totally get these guys that go off the grid. If I wasn't married with a big family... who knows.

😄

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Lots of theories floating around. Some come from a lot of back research, like hundreds of years of research and some just pops up, like string theory and M theory... I like it all though because it expands thinking.

String theory was always a bust, same as dark matter...totally busted yet they still want to spend billions for new equipment for what they can't and will never find...

Electromagnetic universe theory explains virtually everything we observe and is definitely on the right track, and even though some go overboard with it, the more it's investigated scientifically the more small proofs are revealed...

As far as ancient astrology goes, I have never believed that our solar system has been static or consistent as most subconsciously assume....  As example it's way easier to assume that planet earths orbit or spin etc. changed, than to believe ancient Egyptian rulers that supposedly lived 1000 "years" were actually 'aliens or gods'.  Something obviously changed, and knowing earth's wobbles and that something like an earthquake can actually knock us off kilter a bit... finding electromagnetic connections (sun driven) to earthquakes as a driver explains proofs across multiple areas.

Seems this guy is STILL trying to figure out Venus, in this latest proposal it was a red dwarf...in his last it was Jupiter's moon or something.  Science, physical characteristics, and legend all identify it as the 'chaos maker'....and it is pretty apparent we've had chaotic episodes in the past, but if you have never looked at it, most just assume stability.

definitely expands thinking 👍 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Leonard Susskind gives a lecture on the string theory and particle physics.

Have fun... Let me know if you make it through it.

My way of getting a free education without the fees.  😎

see? half of this guys landscape are made up particles, with made up names, with him trying to use math to show their relativity....

Then.... when his calcs won't work.... he will just create a new "imaginary particle" (like say dark matter LOL) and toss it in the mix to balance the bullshit....

Sounds like he works with those silly hadron colliders LOLOL,  Creating a car crash and 'inspecting the pieces' left over.....People like this walk around pointing to half a muffler (calling it a quarkzon or similar lol) and try to show how math can rebuild the car....then expect everyone else to appreciate the beauty of their end result....

when their car looks like this..

giphy.gif

I prefer methodology where you don't just toss any old crap in the mix, and then try to prove yourself right, I'd rather let the experiments or results determine what's worth calculating...just  sayin

18:25 thru 19:00 (lecture 1) is where he (or the theories he's explaining) FAILS miserably....and once you do that...count me out, not watching the rest of the train wreck....

On 7/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

My way of getting a free education without the fees.  😎

Just had to highlight this.....👍

Basically this is the best proof that Bernie is bullshit too...ANYONE (of any race or background) can educate themselves for free today...

And education is not tied to a paper degree...

….unless of course....you believe in "string theory" 🤣

• Haha 1

Of course most of these theorist's make up stuff as the go along. The beauty is in the math they formulate to make the theories work. 

Example; There was nothing before the big bang... well I happen to believe there was a lot of stuff before the big bang. Now how do I prove this. Good question and one I will never answer or have an answer for, but I know a lot of people that will try to explain why there was nothing.

LOL.

Good link for free education.

https://brilliant.org/?utm_medium=sponsor&utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=tibees_0419

On 7/13/2019 at 6:06 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Of course most of these theorist's make up stuff as the go along. The beauty is in the math they formulate to make the theories work. 

Example; There was nothing before the big bang... well I happen to believe there was a lot of stuff before the big bang. Now how do I prove this. Good question and one I will never answer or have an answer for, but I know a lot of people that will try to explain why there was nothing.

LOL.

Good link for free education.

https://brilliant.org/?utm_medium=sponsor&utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=tibees_0419

A couple points here....

Free education good...but be discerning.

Big bang bull ? 🤣...well..maybe another time lol

and here's the problem with making stuff up...THE BEAUTY IS IN THE MATH 🤣

here's an Elementary math problem example....see if you can figure it out...

3 businessmen need a hotel room for the night while traveling on the road.  They stop at a hotel, the man at the desk says rooms are $30 a night so they each pay $10.  The bellboy brings their bags up and shows them their room.  A short while later the manager comes down and finds out they were overcharged as the businessman's special rate has a $5 discount.  So he gives the bellboy $5 and tells him to go give it back to them.  On the elevator ride up the bellboy is trying to figure out how to divide the $5 between 3 men so he comes up with a solution...manager gave him 5 singles, so he just pockets $2 and gives each businessman a dollar back (must have been mad he didn't get a good tip lol).....anyhoo….Here's your "beauty is in the math"...

The men wound up paying $9 each for the room right? as in $10 - $1 = $9 and when you add up all the money, 3 x $9 = $27 plus the $2 two dollars that the bellboy pocketed makes $29. 

…….Yet when they originally walked in.... they paid $30.

so where is the 'missing dollar'???

Some mathematicians can make a FORTUNE off that missing dollar...They are who pocketed that one...…..🤔

or does that one 'put you to sleep' 🤣

The problem has to be in the wording. LOL. the math looks fine as long as you kept it simple, but no, you had to make it a word problem.

The sun glass salesman sells sun glasses at 10 dollars a pair. 4 men walk up and pays his assistant 40 dollars for 4 pair. The dealer tells the assistant that it is 4 pair's for 35 dollars and gave the assistant 5 singles to give back to the 4 men. He gives each man 1 dollar and  the assastant keeps 1 to make it even. 4 * 9 =  36 + 4 = 40 + the 1 the assastant kept = 41. Where did the extra dollar come from. 

It came from the missing dollar at the hotel. 😂🤣😂   

On 7/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

The problem has to be in the wording. LOL. the math looks fine as long as you kept it simple, but no, you had to make it a word problem.

The sun glass salesman sells sun glasses at 10 dollars a pair. 4 men walk up and pays his assistant 40 dollars for 4 pair. The dealer tells the assistant that it is 4 pair's for 35 dollars and gave the assistant 5 singles to give back to the 4 men. He gives each man 1 dollar and  the assastant keeps 1 to make it even. 4 * 9 =  36 + 1 = 40 + the 1 the assastant kept = 41. Where did the extra dollar come from. 

It came from the missing dollar at the hotel. 😂🤣😂   

Yes, elementary my dear Watson 😃

an acceptable correct answer 🤣

you've figured out that the answer (and the dollar LOL) really goes into the 4th dimension of time...🤣

giphy.gif

yet you give away too much..... at $35, which should be noted as -$5....

why did you give them t2..

....a gift? LOL

1 hour ago, Troll said:

you've figured out that the answer (and the dollar LOL) really goes into the 4th dimension of time...🤣

giphy.gif

....a gift? LOL

Damn, I had to go and do the math wrong, but you knew that I meant 36+4=40. Not 36+1=40.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:14 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Damn, I had to go and do the math wrong, but you knew that I meant 36+4=40. Not 36+1=40.

You showed enough work to get credit....👍

(that's some silly grading system in math LOL)

you get points for 'trying'...…..very virtuous 😉

PS. thought the punch line was clever..... to show you know without giving it 'all' away 😄

1 hour ago, Troll said:

giphy.gif

....a gift? LOL

I gave them t2 because I was in a generous  mood.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

BTW, I did the sunglasses answer under pressure with my wife telling me we need to go... 

The reason I made the math mistake.  

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 101. Is the answer 49?

I'll explain it for any that might be 'lost' LOL......

You can't apply your math across "time" if one, or any critical factors have 'changed'....

In both examples  the end price of the product 'changed' (-$5)

The proper math shows under T1 

3 x 10 = $30

you are done for T1, under T2...

(3 x 9) - 2 = $25

With your red herring being "when you ADD it $ all up" as that should really be a SUBTRACTION of the -$2  (as in 27 what they paid total T2 minus what they paid bellboy T2, to get the room payment of T2 at $25)

Can't show it any simpler than those two equations....and that's what 'some mathematicians do'.....

cross up their terms and let you try to figure out which critical factor changed as the one they missed...

Does not matter that the math equations are ALL 100% "correct"....

when you have 'missed the 4th dimension.....

.giphy.gif 

🤣😂🤣