Rewatch: Grayson vs Roswell - GA 7A State Championship

ECHS05

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Well they did play someone good this year (Westlake), they just mad them look bad......very bad. Other than that, they played Mary Persons and Thomson (11-3 and 14-1) in the playoffs and trashed both teams......especially Thomson. 

As far as Roswell, I do think they should've played an OOS game considering all the talent they had on the team, but it's like John Ford really didn't seem to care about stuff like that. 

Yeah, but IMO, the difference between 7A ball and 5A and lower is significant.   The competition just isn't the same.   Let me ask you this, do you think Cartersville could beat Grayson?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah, but IMO, the difference between 7A ball and 5A and lower is significant.   The competition just isn't the same.   Let me ask you this, do you think Cartersville could beat Grayson?

I agree. However, you'd be surprised at how good some of the lower class teams are. Hell, I have no doubt in my mind that cartersville coulda beat some of the top 7A teams (top 10).

Answer to the question: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Side note: from top to bottom, Cedar Grove (3A school) was probably the most talented team in Georgia. Look at how many recruits they had and/or have on their team.

They won state btw. Finished 14-1

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I agree. However, you'd be surprised at how good some of the lower class teams are. Hell, I have no doubt in my mind that cartersville coulda beat some of the top 7A teams (top 10).

Answer to the question: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Side note: from top to bottom, Cedar Grove (3A school) was probably the most talented team in Georgia. Look at how many recruits they had and/or have on their team.

They won state btw. Finished 14-1

I wouldn't be surprised at how good the bush leaguers are, BUT! You might need to know that a bush league state champion, has NEVER beaten the Packers, when we were good! CONVERSELY, some of our half ass decent teams have beaten bush league STATE CHAMPIONS, on SEVEN occasions!

7 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

I wouldn't be surprised at how good the bush leaguers are, BUT! You might need to know that a bush league state champion, has NEVER beaten the Packers, when we were good! CONVERSELY, some of our half ass decent teams have beaten bush league STATE CHAMPIONS, on SEVEN occasions!

OT: One thing I noticed was that the packers didn't start winning championships until Kamara/Autry/Lorenzo Carter and a few others graduated from Norcross. So why is it that y'all couldn't beat them in those years (2012-2013) ? 

9 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

national rankings, where would you have put Carterville last year? Top 25, top 100, top 250? 

Cartersville's overall team speed and D last year is very underrated. I think Roswell's O would have struggled against Carterville with the QB for Roswell being the X factor. Cartersville had the athletes to matchup and the O to keep it a competitive game. 24-17 or something close game either way.

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

Cartersville's overall team speed and D last year is very underrated. I think Roswell's O would have struggled against Carterville with the QB for Roswell being the X factor. Cartersville had the athletes to matchup and the O to keep it a competitive game. 24-17 or something close game either way.

Cartersville was definitely one of the best teams in the country last year for sure. Very underrated they were. I'd be surprised if they go 15-0 again. An accomplishment like that would warrant a top ranking in the country. But they would probably run into a depth problem against someone like a team like grayson. they'd probably lose against Roswell but not in a blowout.....in my opinion.