Rewatch: Grayson vs Roswell - GA 7A State Championship

ECHS05

Im rewatching the 2016 GA 7A State Championship.... and we all know Grayson wins a great game 23-20 in OT.

Roswells defense straight up dominated this game for a while. And the offense was helping out by sustaining all their drives. It was impressive, Im surprised they didnt win. Now Roswells talent was off the scale on both sides of the ball... But then you look and see all of Graysons talent and realize they have the kind of team that can break out at any time against anyone... the amount of D1 & D2 talent on that field is crazy. Its a mini-college game. Not saying it was the only one like it around the country... it was simply a top one, where Id say the only game that even romotely rivaled it in D1/next level players(not counting games IMG played in), was STA vs BG.

Now to the video... after 1 quarter, Roswell was beating Grayson in the yardage department 147-6....it got even worse by halftime...

Check it out... http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2016/12/10/class-aaaaaaa-finals

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I may be wrong, but if you're trying to convey a message about how good both teams were, then I don't think you're gonna persuade these guys (you know who I'm talkin about).

Now if you're just trying to show people a great championship game, then I completely understand.

People are set in their thinking.

Ive been rewatching a lot of games recently, and came back around to this one.... and wanted to get it back out there, by recommending it as one to watch for the people that are like me and watch a bunch of games in the offseason. 

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

People are set in their thinking.

Ive been rewatching a lot of games recently, and came back around to this one.... and wanted to get it back out there, by recommending it as one to watch for the people that are like me and watch a bunch of games in the offseason. 

Gotcha. I liked the trash talk at the beginning of this game. And Breon Dixon is a great pick up for Ole Miss. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

at least.  They would have owned the trenches and bullied them IMO.   

It wouldn't have been close. Roswell would've gotten up for the game, been hype, gameplanned with a then John Ford (Coach) Roswell would've handled them. 31-7 at the very least. I could see a case for bigger, not smaller. 

Talent, coaching, and depth would be much in favor of Roswell. Sorry, that smells like a blowout 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

It wouldn't have been close. Roswell would've gotten up for the game, been hype, gameplanned with a then John Ford (Coach) Roswell would've handled them. 31-7 at the very least. I could see a case for bigger, not smaller. 

Talent, coaching, and depth would be much in favor of Roswell. Sorry, that smells like a blowout 

1 common opponent this year...

Cartersville 31, Westlake 0 (Westlakes worst loss)

Roswell 28, Westlake 0 (in 7A Semifinals, Westlakes 2nd worst loss)

Their 3rd worst loss was a 6-2 game vs McEachern.

Cartersville beat Buford 10-0 in last years(2015) 4A State Title. Roswell beat Buford in the 1st game this past year, 24-7.

I still say 24-14 Roswell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

And you don't think Cartersville wouldn't have gotten up for this game either? Cartersville was underrated on D this past season. Not saying Cartersville beats them, but I just don't see a blow-out happening

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

1 common opponent this year...

Cartersville 31, Westlake 0 (Westlakes worst loss)

Roswell 28, Westlake 0 (in 7A Semifinals, Westlakes 2nd worst loss)

Their 3rd worst loss was a 6-2 game vs McEachern.

Cartersville beat Buford 10-0 in last years(2015) 4A State Title. Roswell beat Buford in the 1st game this past year, 24-7.

I still say 24-14 Roswell.

LMAOOO I knew you'd bring up Westlake. 

Cartersville beat WEEK THREE Westlake at home. 

Roswell beat WEEK FOURTEEN Westlake on the road. 

Also, Buford scored on a trick play in that opener and did NOTHING else. Roswell was opening up and didn't have success that day clicking on offense outside of Evans. They still manhandled and dominated the game. A rematch would've seen Roswell beat them by more 

i see a similar outcome in Roswell vs Cartersville 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

And you don't think Cartersville wouldn't have gotten up for this game either? Cartersville was underrated on D this past season. Not saying Cartersville beats them, but I just don't see a blow-out happening

Cartersville didn't play a single good offense all season. It's not hard for their defense to look good 12 out of the 15 weeks. 

Cartersville couldve gotten up all they want, they were outmatched talent and depth wise. Think Grayson - Hoover 2016

31 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Cartersville didn't play a single good offense all season. It's not hard for their defense to look good 12 out of the 15 weeks. 

Cartersville couldve gotten up all they want, they were outmatched talent and depth wise. Think Grayson - Hoover 2016

You know what? You're right. Would've loved to see how Trevor Lawrence performed against that defense (Roswell's D)

Oh yeah, Mary Persons and Thomson had pretty good offenses btw....

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know what? You're right. Would've loved to see how Trevor Lawrence performed against that defense (Roswell's D)

Oh yeah, Mary Persons and Thomson had pretty good offenses btw....

Yes, and I'd have loved to see them against someone good this year.   Just like I'd have loved to see Roswell take on an OOS last year.   They probably won't have a team like that in a LONG LONG time.   Like Archer from a few years back, although Roswell was a good bit better IMO.    

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yes, and I'd have loved to see them against someone good this year.   Just like I'd have loved to see Roswell take on an OOS last year.   They probably won't have a team like that in a LONG LONG time.   Like Archer from a few years back, although Roswell was a good bit better IMO.    

Well they did play someone good this year (Westlake), they just mad them look bad......very bad. Other than that, they played Mary Persons and Thomson (11-3 and 14-1) in the playoffs and trashed both teams......especially Thomson. 

As far as Roswell, I do think they should've played an OOS game considering all the talent they had on the team, but it's like John Ford really didn't seem to care about stuff like that.