A KOC is what we thought they Were

imaGoodBoyNow

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Very disappointed 😞 on  how this game was supposed to be balls to wall but how you gonna play a game with a Running QB u can’t hit

Feel Defrauded 

BRO ITS not a Scrimmage it’s a preseason game yada yada yada 

never gain will I listen to someone south of the Delaware Line

Columbia-CC, yes. Lakeland-Osceola is a real game. Hit and miss nowadays I guess.

• Thanks 1

This particular game between Columbia and Colquitt was a rather fun... Scrimmage. Colquitt needed that. We didn't get one last year. This year we are dealing with a coaching change and a mixed up fan base. We really needed this scrimmage tonight. Colquitt plays a pretty grueling schedule this season, especially considering all that has happened since December. 

It's complicated. 

On a real, this scrimmage was a lot of fun. It felt like a real game at times. The fans took it serious on both sides of the field. The teams functioned pretty well given the rules. The coaches chose the rules they did for reasons unbeknownst to us all. At the end of the day, the game doesn't count per records. it does mean something to us all that pay attention though I think. 

To me, it means Colquitt has some stuff to clean up and that Columbia is not a push over squad.  Looking at how Columbia played against IMG last preseason and how they fared against Colquitt this season... I like them. They deserve some credit, They have tried to step their shedule up. It's tough for teams from this area. No huge airports near by. Similar type scheduling woes for both our teams. We can't be jet set like SJC or SFC neither of us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This particular game between Columbia and Colquitt was a rather fun... Scrimmage. Colquitt needed that. We didn't get one last year. This year we are dealing with a coaching change and a mixed up fan base. We really needed this scrimmage tonight. Colquitt plays a pretty grueling schedule this season, especially considering all that has happened since December. 

It's complicated. 

On a real, this scrimmage was a lot of fun. It felt like a real game at times. The fans took it serious on both sides of the field. The teams functioned pretty well given the rules. The coaches chose the rules they did for reasons unbeknownst to us all. At the end of the day, the game doesn't count per records. it does mean something to us all that pay attention though I think. 

To me, it means Colquitt has some stuff to clean up and that Columbia is not a push over squad.  Looking at how Columbia played against IMG last preseason and how they fared against Colquitt this season... I like them. They deserve some credit, They have tried to step their shedule up. It's tough for teams from this area. No huge airports near by. Similar type scheduling woes for both our teams. We can't be jet set like SJC or SFC neither of us. 

Kinda like I said...last night's scrimmage meant different things to both teams.  To Columbia...it's their KOC.  They draw a big crowd and they promote it and go all out.   To Colquitt...it's a scrimmage that...hopefully...gives us good feedback in preparation for opening the season the following week in the Benz.  All in all...I'd say last night was a success.  Columbia proved that they can play football.  They are a team that I'd love to see us add to our regular season agenda.  Colquitt looked fairly good overall...but there's still some definite chinks in the armor that will hafta be resolved...and resolved SOON.

I think Justin passed his first test.  BUT...to be honest...if we falter next Saturday against North Gwinnett...the shit will start.  You know it.  I know it.  All of Region 1 knows it.  It will be more exciting to see Colquitt's offense opened up a bit more.   I'm just glad there were no serious injuries from last night.  Let me just say...I'm guardedly optimistic...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 2