Notable betting lines

HSFBfan

18 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

I doubt hotels would be interested in this, considering it's generally a small group of teams that travels nationally. Even so, it is only once, or maybe a few times a year. Good idea though. 

That's why it should be on a "contract". You propose incentive for both parties. Teams get cheaper and longer stay to get acclimated to the environment. Hotels get a guarantee certain amount per season (10 minimum OOS games), television networks get involve to advertise the hotel.       

1 minute ago, Kalven said:

That's why it should be on a "contract". You propose incentive for both parties. Teams get cheaper and longer stay to get acclimated to the environment. Hotels get a guarantee certain amount per season (10 minimum OOS games), television networks get involve to advertise the hotel.       

I like the idea personally. However, the "contracted rate" or "group rate" as they call it, is usually no better than the rate you can find on Expedia or Orbitz. 

Really tough with large groups so I understand the issue. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No baller on the east coast is blocking and tackling after 9pm EST let alone at midnight. Being awake at that time is one thing. Playing elite hsfb is another. 

When BC played at MD, the kickoff was mysteriously delayed by about an hour. Same when DBP played at MV. 

So what I am hearing is BC would have beat MD if the game had been played 3 hours earlier?  Who can argue with that science?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I beg to differ. Let’s look at the numbers. 

15 teams in an Alliance covering 11 states. If each team on average plays two OOS games (which is a low number), that’s $20,000 in hotel expenses. Times 15 teams is $300,000 per annum, and that doesn’t include accommodations for traveling fans. More like $500k. 

If I’m a Group Sales exec at Marriott, Hilton or Sheraton, I’m taking that call. 

Sheraton is owned by Hilton. 

• Thanks 1