One of the most entertaining teams in the country

mje44

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

There's nothing inherently good or "great" about having all of your players from one neighborhood or one Pop Warner team.

It's cornball stuff when people come here and try to sell it as better than anything else.

Especially when the team isn't any good.

What's your standards on good? Nationally ranked?

Or might win a lower level state bowl game? If it's the latter, CDM is good. 

16 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

He's better than both brothers who went Pac 12. Shit, I'm spacing on their names. I think he's the 2nd best QB in So Cal behind DJ from SJB. Better than Young at MD. I think this is the year, CDM can win a state bowl game. Maybe even play Folsom. lol

Your thinking of Chase Garbers. Ethan's brother. He graduated in 2017 and should be the starter at cal this year. Ethan is a step ahead of him at the same point imo

John Humphrey's brother, Ben, played WR/OLB for Mater dei in 2012-2014. If I recall correctly, he was an All-ACC LB at Duke. I think John is better than his older bro as well.

Would love to see them play Folsom. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, mje44 said:

Check out Corona Del Mar (Ca). They run a very similar offense to that of Mike Leach.

Led by Elite 11 4star QB, Ethan Garbers, who threw for 4135yds & 55tds as a junior. He is committed to Washington.

4star WR Stanford commit, John Humphreys, who had 103 receptions 1783yds & 28tds. (In my opinion one of the most underrated players in the country. Kid is freakish. No one, and I mean no one, has been able to guard him 1 on 1. Was by far the most impressive player at Mission Viejo 7v7. Even the St John Bosco DB’s were outmatched)

https://scorebooklive.com/california/top-performers-from-mission-viejo-passing-tournament/

4star TE, Mark Redman (washington commit), who has 21 offers from the likes of Bama, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, USC & Michigan.

Receivers go: 6’6, 6’5, 6’5, 6’0

Garbers week 0 stats: 23/27 480yds and 8tds. Not bad.

No, they aren’t a top 25 team. No they don’t play top competition. Yes, there OL/DL are undersized. But for a tiny public school in Orange County, they are damn good. They will have a chance to break a lot of OC/CA records this year. Best part is, they all grew up in the same neighborhood as each other and have been playing together since they were kids. Check them out, I have a lot of pride in my alma mater and couldn’t be more excited for this upcoming szn.

what team do they have knock to win a state championship or who has the been the team to beat in their grouping for size....good stuff 

4 hours ago, SJR89 said:

what team do they have knock to win a state championship or who has the been the team to beat in their grouping for size....good stuff 

They got moved up to CIF, SS D3 this year. This is full of the better public schools in So Cal. Not the top ones in D1/2. But, not far off as CDM beat D1/2 San Clam last year.

This year D3 La Habra beat D1/2 Upland. 

The teams to beat move up divisions every year. The CIF SS changed division levels every season based on the previous 2 seasons results. Last year Grace Brethren beat CDM in the D4 finals. They're both in D3 this year. 

https://cifss.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2019DIVISIONALGROUPINGSwithLeagues-2.pdf