One of the most entertaining teams in the country

mje44

Check out Corona Del Mar (Ca). They run a very similar offense to that of Mike Leach.

Led by Elite 11 4star QB, Ethan Garbers, who threw for 4135yds & 55tds as a junior. He is committed to Washington.

4star WR Stanford commit, John Humphreys, who had 103 receptions 1783yds & 28tds. (In my opinion one of the most underrated players in the country. Kid is freakish. No one, and I mean no one, has been able to guard him 1 on 1. Was by far the most impressive player at Mission Viejo 7v7. Even the St John Bosco DB’s were outmatched)

https://scorebooklive.com/california/top-performers-from-mission-viejo-passing-tournament/

4star TE, Mark Redman (washington commit), who has 21 offers from the likes of Bama, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia, USC & Michigan.

Receivers go: 6’6, 6’5, 6’5, 6’0

Garbers week 0 stats: 23/27 480yds and 8tds. Not bad.

No, they aren’t a top 25 team. No they don’t play top competition. Yes, there OL/DL are undersized. But for a tiny public school in Orange County, they are damn good. They will have a chance to break a lot of OC/CA records this year. Best part is, they all grew up in the same neighborhood as each other and have been playing together since they were kids. Check them out, I have a lot of pride in my alma mater and couldn’t be more excited for this upcoming szn.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Who cares?

He is implying that it is more impressive to have kids around the neighborhood develop into a quality team instead of relying on stud recruits from 150 mile radius around one of the most fertile areas in the country. 

Or at least that’s what I thought he was implying 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

He is implying that it is more impressive to have kids around the neighborhood develop into a quality team instead of relying on stud recruits from 150 mile radius around one of the most fertile areas in the country. 

They're not a quality team, though, and nothing that I've seen is impressive.

And, for your information, most of the kids that I grew up around were dipshits. The best friends I have in life came from driving 20-25 minutes every day to go to school.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Or at least that’s what I thought he was implying 🤷‍♂️

Bingo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

And, for your information, most of the kids that I grew up around were dipshits. The best friends I have in life came from driving 20-25 minutes every day to go to school.

whatever man. Don't watch them then

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Classic Canes. Growing up around dipshits 😂

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I didn’t say they were quality I said  he implied it. 

I am skeptical about any team from California outside of the IMG teams over there 

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They don't have sophisticated offenses like this in Ga or NJ or Ohio.  Calif was the first state to run the spread, extensively as well.  Eventually the other states catch on.  But not until the OOS coaches come to coaching clinics on the West Coast type offenses.

NJ does have winning records against OH and Ga though

• Haha 2

@mje44 there's at least two guys dicking around in this thread that if I were you, I'd either manually ignore or use the site ignore feature on. 

Top right corner of your screen is the "hamburger" symbol. Looks like three lines on top of each other. Click on that, scroll down to "account" then scroll down to "ignored users" either type or paste the name of the user you wish to ignore and hit enter. 

Good and informative original post btw. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@mje44 there's at least two guys dicking around in this thread that if I were you, I'd either manually ignore or use the site ignore feature on. 

Top right corner of your screen is the "hamburger" symbol. Looks like three lines on top of each other. Click on that, scroll down to "account" then scroll down to "ignored users" either type or paste the name of the user you wish to ignore and hit enter. 

Shit I didn’t even get a chance to post yet phewww 😅 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol.

Much appreciated!

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Weakness and frailty in human form.