Ohio Week 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

On 9/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, OdbCle said:

Ed's running out the clock. 41-20 final. Lot to still work on, but Eagles have found a real weapon in Montorie Foster. Critical with Wainwright still out. 

I see Foster who only played one snap against Mentor but had a great following game gets a MAC offer after playing one HSFB game. Many more to come and like you say wait till Wainwright comes back. They will have 2 guys that need to be double teamed.

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

I see Foster who only played one snap against Mentor but had a great following game gets a MAC offer after playing one HSFB game. Many more to come and like you say wait till Wainwright comes back. They will have 2 guys that need to be double teamed.

Yeah, pretty incredible. If his progression continues, he just may get a power-5 conference team knocking on the door with a late offer.  Then he'll have to sit down with the fam and think about the future. Basketball may be his first love, but he's not a special talent on the hardwood (I think Eastern Kentucky is his best offer to date). 6'3 guards, even ones as athletic as him, are a dime a dozen these days. On the other hand, 6'3 receivers with his leaping ability and speed are highly coveted. 

Both Pickerington Central and Massillion Perry should cruise to pretty easy wins over their Naperville IL foes this week.

Naperville central was ranked top 10 in the pre-season but hasn`t shown much OF in dropping their first 2 games to a good Hinsdale central team...14-6 and the losing at home to a better Lincoln-Way East team...31-10. i doubt that they will find their way this week.......PC 38...NC 14

Perry should roll an 0-2 Naperville North team....38-21.

3 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I don't think my rankings have changed at all since last week, but here's what I have this week.

Hoban 

Mentor

Eds

Iggy

Pick Central 

Elder

St. X

Winton Woods

Massillon 

Colerain

Others: HD, Fairfield, Springfield, Euclid, Princeton, TCC, La Salle, Olentangy Liberty, Dublin Coffman

I would get Fairfield and Lasalle in there somewhere.  I might drop your cards out.  I liked the defense against St. X but St. X was able to throw when ever they wanted and the Colerain offense was not good.  I say week 6 or 7, Colerain will have their offensive personal figured out.

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I would get Fairfield and Lasalle in there somewhere.  I might drop your cards out.  I liked the defense against St. X but St. X was able to throw when ever they wanted and the Colerain offense was not good.  I say week 6 or 7, Colerain will have their offensive personal figured out.

Honestly any of the others could probably be in the top 10. Too early to tell and nobody has really separated themselves.

Fairfield I could definitely see. Their week 10 game against Colerain may decide the GMC. They look great on offense and defense. But they also did the last 2 years, until they got running clocked by Colerain and lost playoff games they should've won. 

La Salle needs to beat a better opponent before they crack the top 10. Mason is not good this year, and Lakota West isn't much better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I agree the Colerain offense didn't look good....but then again they never do against X in Week 2. In fact here's how many points Colerain has scored in regulation against X in their early regular season matchups since they started playing annually in the regular season:

2019 - 14

2018 - 14

2017 - 14

2016 - 14

2015 - 13

2014 - 12

2013 - 31

2012 - 31

2011 - 14

On the other side, X did move the ball well at times, but certainly not at will. Their scoring drives were only 11 yds, 1 yd, & 45 yds thanks to special teams. They moved the ball in the middle of the field, but couldn't sustain any long scoring drives. Colerain held them to 17 yds rushing on 21 attempts. I would certainly like to see Colerain tighten up that secondary, but it would also be unrealistic to expect a new and young Colerain secondary to shut down a pretty good 6'4 QB Rueve, a 3 WR Clifford and a 3TE Lang.