Ohio Week 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

9 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

In recap

Iggy had a comfortable lead by 14 with less than 3 in 3rd

Mentor gave up tds on KO and blocked FG also gave up another KO TD called back but gave Iggy field position at Mentor 40 and Mentor threw Int where Iggy started at Mentor 30

other than that Mentor D showed improvement from week one but special teams looked bad

Crazy game. Kipp and Trobel are a load to handle. Like the Ed's game, Iggy appeared to have him dead to rights in the backfield on several occasions only to break loose. And if he wasn't enough to worry about, you have to worry about Kipp taking off. 

Cmiel is a monster for Ignatius, but the QB play is subpar. I said preseason his progression as a passer was key to their success, and it doesn't appear he has gotten there (and he may never get there). For a school with a storied history of QB's, I'm surprised there is not a better  option. 

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Crazy game. Kipp and Trobel are a load to handle. Like the Ed's game, Iggy appeared to have him dead to rights in the backfield on several occasions only to break loose. And if he wasn't enough to worry about, you have to worry about Kipp taking off. 

Cmiel is a monster for Ignatius, but the QB play is subpar. I said preseason his progression as a passer was key to their success, and it doesn't appear he has gotten there (and he may never get there). For a school with a storied history of QB's, I'm surprised there is not a better  option. 

Well it kind of looks like last year at this time. Between Ed’s, Iggy and Mentor all 3 should be there at the end. Advantage Mentor with their QB who is quite a bit better than the other two.

Anxious to see how Ed’s plays today and if they are healthy and make any adjustments and if they will improve. They really need Wainwright back or like you say maybe Foster stepping up as the deep threat. 

5 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Well it kind of looks like last year at this time. Between Ed’s, Iggy and Mentor all 3 should be there at the end. Advantage Mentor with their QB who is quite a bit better than the other two.

Anxious to see how Ed’s plays today and if they are healthy and make any adjustments and if they will improve. They really need Wainwright back or like you say maybe Foster stepping up as the deep threat. 

Eerily similar to last year. Once again will come down to who’s playing their best in November, and I have a sneaking suspicion a full healthy Eagles squad might be that team. We shall see. 

Weird series of events. Ed's blocks a CT punt attempt (again), but the ball still goes forward past the LOS. Eds cannot fall on it an CT recovers. Ruled CT ball. Didn't think the punting team can advance a block that goes past the LOS. Anyway, Ed's gets a pick 6 the very next play. 

20-6. (Missed XP)