Ohio Week 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

About what I expected from the colerain/X game. Honestly wasn’t impressed by either...early season and both are known to only get better. I think colerain still has the studs and decent enough new coaching staff to run the tables to the playoffs. Was shocked with how small X’s lines were, but they were quick and agile. To see specht call a time out and look at his new oc with the wtf moment was priceless. The game came down to special teams and X was better. I didn’t agree with colerain switching qb’s in that fashion. They moved well until they tried Prather for a series and went no where. Then kept trying to mix and match and the X defense was ready for it. If they would of mixed it up where both qbs could of ran the option instead of X seeing Prather come in and knew to set there db’s back it might of been more interesting. In the end for a new HC and OC for colerain, they held there own. Will be interesting as the season goes on. 

• Like 1

In recap

Iggy had a comfortable lead by 14 with less than 3 in 3rd

Mentor gave up tds on KO and blocked FG also gave up another KO TD called back but gave Iggy field position at Mentor 40 and Mentor threw Int where Iggy started at Mentor 30

other than that Mentor D showed improvement from week one but special teams looked bad

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I know this isn’t Ohio but good for Trinity (KY) they always schedule very well out of state. Took their lumps last year and came back in 2019 and won the first three OOS games against teams they lost to last year. That’s good shit man

We adopt them some years just not last year but yay they back😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I know this isn’t Ohio but good for Trinity (KY) they always schedule very well out of state. Took their lumps last year and came back in 2019 and won the first three OOS games against teams they lost to last year. That’s good shit man

Yea they scheduled well. Hard to know Moeller was gonna be terrible this year. I only see 2 winnable games for Moe 

2 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

About what I expected from the colerain/X game. Honestly wasn’t impressed by either...early season and both are known to only get better. I think colerain still has the studs and decent enough new coaching staff to run the tables to the playoffs. Was shocked with how small X’s lines were, but they were quick and agile. To see specht call a time out and look at his new oc with the wtf moment was priceless. The game came down to special teams and X was better. I didn’t agree with colerain switching qb’s in that fashion. They moved well until they tried Prather for a series and went no where. Then kept trying to mix and match and the X defense was ready for it. If they would of mixed it up where both qbs could of ran the option instead of X seeing Prather come in and knew to set there db’s back it might of been more interesting. In the end for a new HC and OC for colerain, they held there own. Will be interesting as the season goes on. 

I was surprised that X won.  I thought not having Hudepohl and the national #1 OL recruit Paris Johnson would really hurt them.  They look OK though.  I was weird seeing how small the lines are though.

3 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

Dead on on everything. Reading my thoughts 

2 minutes ago, concha said:

I was surprised that X won.  I thought not having Hudepohl and the national #1 OL recruit Paris Johnson would really hurt them.  They look OK though.  I was weird seeing how small the lines are though.

First time I’ve seen that small of lines for X in a looong time. Like I said tho they were quick and agile and made plays. Maybe new game plan? X lb’s looked solid. Offensively they couldn’t run the ball but there mis direction passing plays and some of the formations they flashed will only improve as the season goes on. Colerains defense on the line is stout and will kill qb’s this year, there secondary needs some major work tho. X qb didn’t sparkle but he made some really nice plays without taking the sack. Will be great to see how both teams progress 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Dead on on everything. Reading my thoughts 

I assume you were in attendance as I drank beer from my garage and let my little heathens play outside while streaming it. Colerains d line is going to hurt qbs this year. There secondary really needs to make adjustments. I think more of that is to the credit of X tho with there new oc. They flashed some formations and plays that they will only improve on. Bad choice when Freddie and the offense seems to be clicking to switch for a series and go nowhere. I’m sure the new hc was trying to get a feeler if X would be baffled not going up against the tradition colerain option. It was an easy adjustment for x to see Prather come on as he sat in shotgun every play. Will see tho. Only week 2 and they showed hope. Week 2 X game is usually decided by 7 or less or OT. They got us especially with there special teams