Centennial Corona loses to Former D-1AA Runner-Up, Cathedral Catholic from San Diego!

frankyjames

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I disagree and this just shows how big a clown you are. The Open is the best team from the South vs North. The goal is the Open. It’s a chance to play against the best team in the country. I’ve seen what Folsom does to the good SoCal teams but I want to see them vs the great. 

The open is for private school/Academy teams that play by a completely different set of rules. Why would you even entertain that? The fact that Folsom is even a top 5 or 6 team in the state is truly remarkable.

I am just happy they are the undisputed #1 public now.

And actually get out to a real Folsom game, get out of Rancho Cordova, before you call anyone a clown. 😉

6 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

It is good to see you upset that your squad has now become irrelevant by week 3. 😉

Sorry dude, but Cen10 fans aren’t embarrassed by losing to a very good Cathedral squad on the road in a tight contest.  We don’t take pleasure in destroying inferior competition in the voluntary part of the schedule.  😉😉😉😉

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO you are part of the same group of fans that BLASTED Folsom for "barely" beating CC last year! Now all of a sudden, they are a great team!!!

Comical! 

I blasted Folsom’s result against Cathedral?

Teams can improve significantly from year to year.  Cathedral was still building and this year they might be at a peak.  Did I say they were great?  I said they were very good.  Great teams win the open title.

Folsom beating Cathedral last year was a nice accomplishment but LaCosta Canyon beat them too, and an okay Narbonne team should have.  I even posted that Folsom would likely have beaten Narbonne more handily than Cathedral based on the matchup.  

Cathedral is built a lot more like DLS than Narbonne is.   But, the running back is much bigger, both the OL and DL are more experienced, the QB is running more, and throws better than Hale when he needs to.  This year Cathedral could make the 8 team SS bracket if they were part of the SS.

If Folsom is fortunate enough to meet Cathedral again, it will be a tougher challenge.  Time will tell.

I’m pulling for Folsom to beat DLS, are you?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

C'mon. 

No really!  The entire point of your transfer thread rant is basically an excuse thread in advance in case Folsom beats DLS and a fix can’t be put in place leaving Folsom to play either MD or SJB.  Sort of like “Chronicle of a Death  Foretold” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

However, even if Folsom does beat DLS, I wouldn’t bet much that they end up in the open game if DLS is otherwise impressive for the remainder of the year.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

What stuff are you smoking? 

The good stuff of course.  Why mess with rag?  That would be like ....playing Antelope.  

At this point the cart is way before the horse anyway.  Folsom has to actually beat DLS to have a meaningful discussion about the SBG.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, On2whls said:

The good stuff of course.  Why mess with rag?  That would be like ....playing Antelope.  

At this point the cart is way before the horse anyway.  Folsom has to actually beat DLS to have a meaningful discussion about the SBG.  

IF Folsom beats DLS, they WILL be the open rep to face one of the two Academy, transfer laden teams. 

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I disagree and this just shows how big a clown you are. The Open is the best team from the South vs North. The goal is the Open. It’s a chance to play against the best team in the country. I’ve seen what Folsom does to the good SoCal teams but I want to see them vs the great.

So Folsom has at least one fan that gets it.  I’m sure there are others.  Keep the faith. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

They're just tanking so they get the 9th seed for the playoffs

Seriously?  They had something like 630 yds of offense.  The running back alone rushed for 208.  I wouldn’t call that tanking.  

I doubt any other team puts up those numbers against Cathedral this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1