The Offical SJR Vs NYC Battle for The Bridge Extravaganza kick off 20 mins

imaGoodBoyNow

26 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I want to see how Carnisie and  CH do this year....BNU Is 2-2,against what is deemed to be among the weakest leagues in America....

Erasmus is a public school, Hayes is Catholic.  Erasmus plays in a relatively weak league and will probably play Curtis for their league.  Hayes will be predicted to finish between 3rd and 5th place in their league unless they are able to pull some upsets.  Never know, they could do better and even win the league....very  Hard to tell how good Hayes is based on the fact that they played an opponent that was clearly better than them.  Two things about them are they won’t be intimidated and they always have some speedy kids, so there is always a possibility of them beating you with their speed if they play a clean game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

All in all this 3 game series seemed to get positive reviews.  Only catholic schools were involved, no publics, but it is always a cool experience for HS kids to get a chance to play in a pro stadium.  Would be nice if some public schools were able to get involved though, IMO.

Well I know the whole big thing was all these teams came together for Church last night,

especially intodays world how everyone is PC now, no way would they invite a public school 

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Well I know the whole big thing was all these teams came together for Church last night,

especially intodays world how everyone is PC now, no way would they invite a public school 

You’re most likely correct, but also probably depends on the schools.  Plenty of publics around here pray pre-game.  Also quick fact... Iona Preps field is “Wellington Mara field.”  Basically the entire Mara family (boys) attended there, so the Mara family has strong ties to the school.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/lohud-varsity-insider/2015/09/24/iona-prep-dedicate-field-wellington-mara/72640588/

was at game ....first thing that was eye opening was the difference in crowd size between Cardinal and SJR....SJR had 6X or more the amount of fans at the game...,,to their credit they small numbers was very loud.....if SJR wanted to bury them they could have....run more and play action etc could have been a 50 + game or more....it was obvious they wanted to work the pass ..develop young WRs etc with QB...  CH exploited several problems with SJR defense in 3 wide screen ,,they ran it at least 20 times.....also pistol veer with FB dive and QB run hurt SJR considerably.....work in progress etc.......now on to Depaul 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SJR89 said:

was at game ....first thing that was eye opening was the difference in crowd size between Cardinal and SJR....SJR had 6X or more the amount of fans at the game...,,to their credit they small numbers was very loud.....if SJR wanted to bury them they could have....run more and play action etc could have been a 50 + game or more....it was obvious they wanted to work the pass ..develop young WRs etc with QB...  CH exploited several problems with SJR defense in 3 wide screen ,,they ran it at least 20 times.....also pistol veer with FB dive and QB run hurt SJR considerably.....work in progress etc.......now on to Depaul 

Who got injured for joes?

On 9/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, SJR89 said:

the announcers call 😂 

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

the announcers call 😂 

That SJR defense is atrocious and they will have a hard time going 500 in the league if they do not get it right. The good part is I saw a lot of correctable mistakes most glaring is discipline (jumping offsides, gap responsibility, etc) which can easily be fixed, but arm tackling and not getting penetration from defensive line is a major  concern

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

That SJR defense is atrocious and they will have a hard time going 500 in the league if they do not get it right. The good part is I saw a lot of correctable mistakes most glaring is discipline (jumping offsides, gap responsibility, etc) which can easily be fixed, but arm tackling and not getting penetration from defensive line is a major  concern

I have to give you credit SJR04 for you mentioned your worries about the D-line about 3 weeks ago. Like you said though, if they are correctable then Auggie will right the ship. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

I have to give you credit SJR04 for you mentioned your worries about the D-line about 3 weeks ago. Like you said though, if they are correctable then Auggie will right the ship. 

First time I ever saw St joes jump offsides 3 times consecutively last week 

@SJR 04 u think it’s time to put #78 on DLine, Clog up that middle?

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

he will not be playing D line from what I heard....the more likely option will be Wypler going in vs BC etc....also having Armand young playing more D line with juniors stepping up on the O line side.  ...as SJR04 mentioned...a lot of correctable mistakes and Depaul will be a good barometer as they will exploit the weakness shown in Hayes game.  the other side is we have not seen the Offense click yet...and or ground n pound with Audric for 4 quarters....our Offense may help our Defense by possessing the ball longer etc.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It's may not be in their plans,  however I'd consider it because I'd rather have a huge body clogging up running lanes (kid that big causes a pile up by simply falling on the ground) than the current situation of no pressure on QB, no tackles for loss, and red carpet services to the SJR second level. Thus far every back has been able to get second level right up the gut.

32 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

It's may not be in their plans,  however I'd consider it because I'd rather have a huge body clogging up running lanes (kid that big causes a pile up by simply falling on the ground) than the current situation of no pressure on QB, no tackles for loss, and red carpet services to the SJR second level. Thus far every back has been able to get second level right up the gut.

you will have bigger problems then with DBP than BC although that view might be tempered if you believe the Bergen O-line is better than Bosco's. 

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Hey mick is Bergen gonna continue the 2 man Rotation 

don't know for sure but lets just be honest in that this week's game against SPP will either validate it or reject it. I have to figure he is keeping with it for I don't think 1 game would be enough for him to change his mind. If they lose or even struggle he will have to jettison that approach in my opinion, for everyone and their mother will be him on him.