1990's Full State Championship Games (TV)

TheRealCAJ

Its not 1990+, but this was a great game... Valdosta won the 1984 USAToday National Championship... it was another of a great rivalry between Clarke Central & Valdosta, and an interesting tidbit... Son of UGA Coaching Legend Vince Dooley, Derek Dooley, was Clarke Centrals TE in 1984. Derek was Tennessees HC for a few years and now serves as the WR coach for the NFLs Dallas Cowboys...

Valdosts gave up 77 points all season in '84, outscoring teams by an average of 37-5. 

• Like 1

Local cable network had some pretty solid hookups...

One from the 1990s, not a title game but a semifinal matchup.  Mesa Mountain View was Arizona's greatest dynasty at the turn of the century and this was one of the state championship teams that would close out the nineties winning three titles in four years; their star player was Todd Heap.  We all know who Chandler is but 1996 marked their first semifinal trip since 1984; their head coach had been killed by a drunk driver earlier in the midseason while returning from a meet-up to pickup game tape.

http://www.cox7.com/video/chandler-vs-mountain-view-classic-hsfb/

This, for all intents and purposes was the night the Mountain View dynasty died and the Hamilton dynasty began.  Mountain View's 2002 squad was the best Arizona team I've ever seen and for this game they returned eventual BYU and Cardinals quarterback Max Hall.  Hamilton's QB would have a stint at UNLV, while Coach John Wrenn was a championship-winning coach in Illinois prior to heading west.

http://www.cox7.com/video/hamilton-vs-mountain-view-classic-hsfb/

The Arizona football scene is dominated by public schools at the large-school level, driven heavily by our statewide open-enrollment laws; our largest private school is Brophy, a school that dominates in many other sports but had never won a state title prior to 2005.  Hamilton was going for their first-ever undefeated season, and their standout player 225-pound sprint champion Dontay Moch.

http://www.cox7.com/video/brophy-vs-hamilton-classic-hsfb/

Here's what I have left as for state title games in the 90's.  I know many of these have been posted, if someone wants to let me know which games were not posted (I don't have the time now) and let me know, I'll get them up.

1999 Evangel Christian Academy LA v West Monroe LA (AAAAA state final*****)

1998 Mater Dei CA v Poly Long Beach CA (CIF championship)

1998 Valdosta GA v McEachern GA (AAAA state final)

1996 Abilene Cooper TX v Austin Westlake TX (AAAAA D2 state final)

1996 Evangel Christian Academy LA v St James LA (AAA state final)

1996 Valdosta GA v Brookwood GA (AAAA state final)

1994 Valdosta GA v Colquitt Co GA (AAAA state final)

1992 Valdosta GA v Clark Central GA (AAAA state final)

1992 Peach Co GA v Marist GA (AAA state final)

1999 CB West v Erie Cathedral Prep (AAAA state final)

1999 West Allegheny v Strath Haven (AAA state final)

1996 Berwick v Blackhawk (AAA state final)

1991 CB West v Erie Prep (AAAA state final)

• Like 1

here's a few from that "kind of close category"; 

2003 Valdosta GA v Camden County GA (AAAA state final)

2003 Don Bosco NJ v Bergan Catholic NJ (state final)

2002 Parkland v Woodland Hills (AAAA state final)

2002 Mount Carmel Area v Seton LaSalle (AA state final)

2002 Strath Haven v Hopewell (AAA state final)

2002 Brookwood GA v Parkview GA (AAAAA state final)

2002 Evangel Christian Academy LA v West Monroe LA (no sound/no huddle 5A state title)

2002 De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA (#1 v #5 USA)

2001 Lincoln FL v Palm Bay FL (AAAA state semifinal (no sound))

2001 Lincoln FL v St Thomas Aquinas (AAAA state final)

2001 De La Salle CA v Long Beach Poly CA ****** (#1 USA v #2 USA) (9 future NFL players)

2000 CB West v Erie Cathedral Prep (AAAA state final)

2000 West Allegheny v Strath Haven (AAA state final)

Dec 16, 2000. Palm Bay defeats Dillard 10-6 in the Florida High School Football State Championship for Class 6A.

Dec 16, 2001. The Apopka Blue Darters defeat the Miami Northwestern Bulls 34-16 in the Florida High School Football Class 6A State Championship, This is a Replay Broadcast from Sunshine Network.

On 4/23/2017 at 0:36 PM, ECHS05 said:

Another "close enough"...

2002 Georgia 5A State Championship... Parkview 28, Brookwood 7

This was the 3rd of Parkviews 2000-2002 3-peats...  this Parkview team finished as USAToday #2 , behind only DLS.

For as much as I couldn't stand Parkview back then, you had to respect the team Ole' Cecil assembled.  Damn Frenchie and his punt returns!