Edgewater 17 at Marietta 39; 4th

ATLien12x

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree that Edgewater moved the ball fairly well just didn’t have the kicking game and ultimately turned it on 4th a lot

Thought Marietta won the trenches. As mentioned, great pass pro 

Edgewater is a good team. They have two Power5 dudes at WR/DB and they played very well last night

Edgewater's kicker is actually very solid. He had a 37 yard field goal just before the half and put all his kickoffs in the back of the endzone. His punting is not as strong, but that is on lack of practice, not potential. 

The decision by Edgewater to go for it on 4th down on occasions when they could have gone for field goals stems from the fact they were playing from behind the entire game. If they had the chance to kick a field goal for the lead I am sure they would have taken it. 

Marietta is a very solid team. That they lost to Grayson who in turn lost to the Hawgs, is testimony to the relative strength of Georgia football this year. 

• Like 1

I watched Morrells highlights... The game definitely got a little chippy toward the end. One of the Edgewater players reached to grab Rashaun Bass' (#11 Marietta) towel and ripped it out of his pants... Kind of a punk move... That was just 1 incident of quite a few. Another Edgewater player snatched/pushed a Marietta WRs helmet off after being blocked to the whistle on a play... I guess they really didnt want to lose.

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah I agree Florida as a whole is a little down but not because MNW beat Central. 

Heres a good question. In the OOS games who should Florida have won against? Is Central ranked higher than St Frances? Is MNW ahead of Lowndes? 

Not before the game but now? 

Take into consideration MNW isnt higher than Lowndes, nor is Armwood higher than North Gwinnett, ONLY because they lost those specific games. If those games were never played, both NG & Lowndes would be ranked below Armwood & MNW. 

Marietta was a little higher than Edgewater, even though CalPreps predicted Edgewater to win 28-24, because Edgewater didnt start as high, & because the SJP win was a nice boost for Marietta.