Edgewater 17 at Marietta 39; 4th

ATLien12x

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why because MNW lost to the number 1 team in GA?

In rivalry games things happen.  How the hell did Colquitt lose to Valdosta?

Shit happens 

Edgewater is ranked in the top 5. This does not look like a normal top 5 Florida team. Of course you’ll say they’re not... but who is? Miami Northwestern? Bro they wouldn’t even beat Edgewater. Miami Central? Obviously not but these are the teams currently ranked in Florida’s top 5. They are down compared to recent years  

Miami Central and NW aren’t as good as they’ve been this year. They don’t look as good athletically and haven’t performed as well. 

St Thomas Aquinas has a sophomore QB struggling to throw a forward pass. They didn’t look elite by any means. If you let our Lakeland fan tell it he says they’re down compared to last year. 

Yeah man, Florida looks down this year. 

Spin your narrative. Sandbag. Do what you do. But It’s okay to just admit Florida is a little down this season. This isn’t one of their best years 

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Edgewater is ranked in the top 5. This does not look like a normal top 5 Florida team. Of course you’ll say they’re not... but who is? Miami Northwestern? Bro they wouldn’t even beat Edgewater. Miami Central? Obviously not but these are the teams currently ranked in Florida’s top 5. They are down compared to recent years  

Miami Central and NW aren’t as good as they’ve been this year. They don’t look as good athletically and haven’t performed as well. 

St Thomas Aquinas has a sophomore QB struggling to throw a forward pass. They didn’t look elite by any means. If you let our Lakeland fan tell it he says they’re down compared to last year. 

Armwood, Northwestern, Edgewater all took it on the chin. I mean Cedar Grove was leading Miami Central in the varsity portion of the scrimmage for Christ sake. Spin your narrative. Sandbag. Do what you do. But It’s okay to just admit Florida is a little down this season. This isn’t one of their best years 

Yeah I agree Florida as a whole is a little down but not because MNW beat Central. 

Heres a good question. In the OOS games who should Florida have won against? Is Central ranked higher than St Frances? Is MNW ahead of Lowndes? 

Not before the game but now? 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Going off Calpreps top 10: 

Florida’s 4, 5, 7 & 8 have lost to Georgia this year. Not only that, the teams just don’t look as good as they have in recent years. Strange you don’t see that 

2398FF9F-F7A3-4A85-BCB4-21B979DE8CCD.png

Columbia played a scrimmage. That wasn’t close to a real game. 

What are the rankings of the GA teams?

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Spin your narrative. Sandbag. Do what you do. But It’s okay to just admit Florida is a little down this season. This isn’t one of their best years 

Lakeland isn't down this year. They did running clock Edgewater last year. We shall see what's in store for this year should Lakeland beat Armwood.

Bottom line: In most cases, if a top Georgia team has the home field advantage against a Florida team, take the Georgia team. Sure would be nice to see the home field advantage reversed at some point. But, the almighty dollar makes that unlikely.

I just personally don’t see this as a STRONG Florida year. Do you? How would you compare it to 2013 or 2014? Or just compare it to last year? 

Looking at Florida’s top 10 after tonight. How would you compare that top 10 to recent years? That should answer your question if you think it’s a down year. (And I do)

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I just personally don’t see this as a STRONG Florida year. Do you? How would you compare it to 2013 or 2014? Or just compare it to last year? 

Looking at Florida’s top 10 after tonight. How would you compare that top 10 to recent years? That should answer your question if you think it’s a down year. (And I do)

No the state is down I agree 100 percent but it’s not from any one game or even a few games. It’s the fact we don’t have an elite team or teams that could compete with the country’s elite this year 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

No the state is down I agree 100 percent but it’s not from any one game or even a few games. It’s the fact we don’t have an elite team or teams that could compete with the country’s elite this year 

Even the great state of Georgia can’t compete with those MONSTARS!!! Oh woe is us. Both of us this year :) 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Looking at the top 10-15 teams, it is a down year. That doesn't mean Lakeland and STA aren't better than the teams that lost in Georgia. It looks very likely the two best teams in Florida (who are eligible to play for a Florida state title) are Lakeland and STA, and it may not be close. Though I still think having to play Armwood or Edgewater without a massive home field/travel advantage is a different animal than vice versa. It's conceivable Lakeland could end up playing both on the road, in fact. Not the same as having them ride for hours on a bus and play in front of your own raucous crowd.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Makes it look like all of them, with the exception of Gilbert (and even he drops his share), are just rated based on measurables. But you cant be a D1 receiver just being tall and lanky if you cant catch. Thats not a skill you just pick up one day, some guys have it, some dont...

😂 

you know nothing about Marietta!

deuce has more drops than anybody on the team.

by far

10 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Field goal is good  — really nice drive by Edgewater there 

18-10 at halftime. 

The better team won. But for some nice stops by Marietta in their own half, it could have been closer. The big difference to me was superior line play by Marietta, particularly their offensive line which bought their QB a lot of time to throw. 

Edgewater drove up Friday morning. It may have been better if they had come up Thursday evening and had a bit more time to get over the nine hour drive. But it is what it is.

The core elements of this Edgewater team will be back next year. So, their immediate future is not bleak. 

• Like 2

I agree that Edgewater moved the ball fairly well just didn’t have the kicking game and ultimately turned it on 4th a lot. 

Thought Marietta won the trenches. As mentioned, great pass pro 

Edgewater is a good team. They have two Power5 dudes at WR/DB and they played very well last night

44 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The better team won. But for some nice stops by Marietta in their own half, it could have been closer. The big difference to me was superior line play by Marietta, particularly their offensive line which bought their QB a lot of time to throw. 

Edgewater drove up Friday morning. It may have been better if they had come up Thursday evening and had a bit more time to get over the nine hour drive. But it is what it is.

The core elements of this Edgewater team will be back next year. So, their immediate future is not bleak. 

OOS games like that you don't leave the day of... That's terrible planning....

• Like 1