King Donald, The Humble

stanscript

32 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Troll.  Did you get a chance to see the 3 Qtr. report from Tesla?  Shanghai auto factory in pre-production.  Chinese Gigafactory built in record time.  Tesla Superchargers continue to expand service throughout the U.S.

Profit up. Profit margin up.

Stock jumps from about $250 to over $300 a share in after hours trading.

Looks like Elon Musk made about $5 Billion today and it could have been you if you would have just stuck with improving on the electric car you built years ago.

Still got my car...still improving it...did you know they came stock with an EV1 controller? LOLOL

Saw the nice jump......

Hate to say it...but sure looks like some fancy quarter accounting (but didn't bother to check the options sold)....I mean...

If one were to actually read the detail, instead of just the headlines...

what's that? ...Oh you asked for some highlights and notes?

here you go...

- Tesla stock fell by 23% so far this year (while S&P 500 index has climbed 20%).

- Tesla lost $1.1 billion during the first half of the year

- Tesla will almost certainly post yet another annual loss this year, just as it has done every year since its initial public offering in 2010. Since then, Tesla has amassed more than $5.5 billion in losses.

- The company fared better during the same time last year (3rd Q) with a profit of $311 million. That means the net income for this year's quarter was down 54% by comparison. 

- Tesla probably would have lost money again in the past quarter if not for mass layoffs and other cost-cutting measures that Musk has imposed this year as he faced mounting pressure to make money.

- More financial potholes could still be looming as Tesla faces increasing competition, with more automakers rolling out their own electric vehicles

- tax incentives are now being phased out for Tesla

- Boosting sales even more in the current quarter is something most analysts have been doubting Tesla will be able to pull off

BTW: do you have winter out by you?  If you do here are some REALLY good tips.... so you don't get stuck on the road somewhere in your Tesla...👍...enjoy

43 minutes ago, Troll said:

Still got my car...still improving it...did you know they came stock with an EV1 controller? LOLOL

Saw the nice jump......

Hate to say it...but sure looks like some fancy quarter accounting (but didn't bother to check the options sold)....I mean...

If one were to actually read the detail, instead of just the headlines...

what's that? ...Oh you asked for some highlights and notes?

here you go...

- Tesla stock fell by 23% so far this year (while S&P 500 index has climbed 20%).

- Tesla lost $1.1 billion during the first half of the year

- Tesla will almost certainly post yet another annual loss this year, just as it has done every year since its initial public offering in 2010. Since then, Tesla has amassed more than $5.5 billion in losses.

- The company fared better during the same time last year (3rd Q) with a profit of $311 million. That means the net income for this year's quarter was down 54% by comparison. 

- Tesla probably would have lost money again in the past quarter if not for mass layoffs and other cost-cutting measures that Musk has imposed this year as he faced mounting pressure to make money.

- More financial potholes could still be looming as Tesla faces increasing competition, with more automakers rolling out their own electric vehicles

- tax incentives are now being phased out for Tesla

- Boosting sales even more in the current quarter is something most analysts have been doubting Tesla will be able to pull off

BTW: do you have winter out by you?  If you do here are some REALLY good tips.... so you don't get stuck on the road somewhere in your Tesla...👍...enjoy

You mean a severe winter?  No.

BTW.  There are some predictions that EV production will match ICE production by about 2040 and I'm OK with that.  Every ICE that gets replaced by EV will make the air we breathe that much cleaner.

One of Elon Musk's goals is to produce autonomous cars that will replace Uber and Lyft.  No driver to pay could make autonomous EVs prolific.

Gotta run.  Enjoy the games in your area this week.

4 hours ago, stanscript said:

You mean a severe winter?  No.<<probably explains why you think they are much further along than I do...we get cold and snow...

BTW.  There are some predictions that EV production will match ICE production by about 2040 and I'm OK with that.<I'm ok with that too, as long as options are maintained...  Every ICE that gets replaced by EV will make the air we breathe that much cleaner.<<nice that you believe that, it's a great goal, but on it's face all it does is transfer where the energy is generated, theoretically so you could THEN produce it elsewhere....somewhere where that 'elsewhere' is hopefully cleaner...(even if you think plant food is a pollutant)

One of Elon Musk's goals is to produce autonomous cars that will replace Uber and Lyft. <<more proof he's more fascinated with science fiction than reality....and not realistic on timeline or actual 'driver' needs.....at all...No driver to pay could make autonomous EVs prolific.<<No beta testers either tho....they'll just use the unsuspecting public roads and your garage for testing 👍

Gotta run.  Enjoy the games in your area this week.<<absolutely, enjoy the games as well

BTW: check out the 'actual' status of their 'autonomous' driving.....

But that's not really any issue...any consumer can fix that one....right?

But when the public gets done beta testing….I'm sure it will be much better...

In the meantime, we can always watch all those Ytube autopilot fails in anticipation.