King Donald, The Humble

stanscript

2 hours ago, stanscript said:

We've come a long way since the telegraph, teletype, crank phone, rotary phone, touchtone phone, pagers, satellite phone, cell phone and smartphone. Along the way many people succeeded with these technologies that people thought were nuts. 

Considering the only thing on your timeline created before EV's was the telegraph (by 20yrs), and that  EV's have been technologically  advancing for 130 years before the teletype (and well thruout your entire timeline), you may want to re-think the entire angle of your reply.....

190 YEARS to get that Brick phone EV to the stage it is today...👍

almost there...👌

Just sayin'

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Troll said:

Considering the only thing on your timeline created before EV's was the telegraph (by 20yrs), and that  EV's have been technologically  advancing for 130 years before the teletype (and well thruout your entire timeline), you may want to re-think the entire angle of your reply.....

190 YEARS to get that Brick phone EV to the stage it is today...👍

almost there...👌

Just sayin'

Some estimates are that by 2040 production of EV's will outpace the production of ICEs.  

Just because you can't see EVs gaining ground in your neck of the woods doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere.  It's like columnist Peggy Noonan saying that because she saw so many Romney lawn signs in HER NEIGHBORHOOD that he was going to beat Obama.  Didn't happen. 

Don't make the mistake of viewing the condition of the world based just on what you see thru YOUR living room window.  It's a big world and every major manufacturer is building EVs and planning for them.  I guess they must ALL be rubes.

https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2018/04/23/will-electric-vehicles-take-world-just-green-really/

13 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Some estimates are that by 2040 production of EV's will outpace the production of ICEs. <yippie

Just because you can't see EVs gaining ground in your neck of the woods doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere. 

Don't make the mistake of viewing the condition of the world based just on what you see thru YOUR living room window. 

🤣 CLueless...

absolutely clueless...

and I don't have to look past my garage door.

Good luck with your 'Green Revolution' and propaganda....👍

You will assimilate ...our projections say so, because we think it's green . 🤣

star trek borg GIFgiphy.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Troll said:

🤣 CLueless...

absolutely clueless...

and I don't have to look past my garage door.

Good luck with your 'Green Revolution' and propaganda....👍

You will assimilate ...our projections say so, because we think it's green . 🤣

star trek borg GIFgiphy.gif

I know it's hard for you to accept that the world is changing.  You can pooh-pooh it all you like.

I'm surprised that have accepted the internet.  It's so 21st century.

It's never going to be the 1950's again where gas costs 23 cents a gallon, candy bars were a dime and Betty Lou wore a poodle skirt and cashmere sweater to the sock hop.  Isn't it time for you to face reality and see what is happening in the WORLD?  The world constantly changes and leaves behind those that don't change with it. 

You can have the last word for now and I won't end by calling you something equivalent to "clueless" just because I don't agree with you.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:04 PM, stanscript said:

I won't end by calling you something equivalent to "clueless" just because I don't agree with you.

Looks like you don't agree with Dyson either...

They just spent the last 4-5 five years taking a much closer look at it ...than say...you..lol. 

Say goodbye to 2 1/2  billion....

Just com busted I guess...

Here's a Bloomberg link...with lots of good  stats for stan...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-10/dyson-scraps-plans-for-electric-car-after-failed-attempt-at-sale

did you see the stat about all EV sales declining in July and even further down in August???

I must have missed it, but was that in your projections above?

• Haha 1

The article states while referring to Dyson that:

"Experts had questioned the company’s costly plans to build an electric car plant in Singapore, where average salaries are among the highest in the world."

I'm not picking a particular winner (not even Tesla) but some company will come out ahead enough to prosper.  Bloomberg also recently predicted that EVs and ICE's will cost about the same to buy in 2026.  See link below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-04-12/electric-vehicle-battery-shrinks-and-so-does-the-total-cost

Since EV's cost much less to operate, are less polluting and will have more factories online sales should increase.  

As for sales going down there could be several reasons for that and I don't think it is clear that it will continue.  Two months isn't a deal breaker and there certainly is a learning curve for production.  Perhaps part of the reason might be problems with filling orders and deliveries but I haven't researched it.

In metro areas of California I see a growing EV market everyday.  Your area might see a much lower rate than nationwide.  Let's look at sales periodically and we will have a better idea.  Glad to see your input.  Try to keep an open mind.  Remember, there is a TON of money to be made and someone who we might not have even had heard of yet will become fabulously wealthy.

You might also want to research the 5.3 million square foot battery producing Gigafactory that Tesla has in Nevada.  It will be the largest building in the world.  Economies of scale.  

Curious how much serious study has gone into the extra pollution produced to build and run EVs?

The electricity to charge the cars does not come from the electricity fairy and there there must be some inefficiency in the production of the power and then storage in the batteries. 

Also they run on lithium battery technology.  What is the impact of the lithium mining and battery manufacturing?  Disposal of the batteries when damaged or end-of-life?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

Curious how much serious study has gone into the extra pollution produced to build and run EVs?

The electricity to charge the cars does not come from the electricity fairy and there there must be some inefficiency in the production of the power and then storage in the batteries. 

Also they run on lithium battery technology.  What is the impact of the lithium mining and battery manufacturing?  Disposal of the batteries when damaged or end-of-life?

The electricity fairy🤣  They don't even care to figure that stuff out. EVs fit the narrative....end of story.

3 hours ago, stanscript said:

I'm not picking a particular winner (not even Tesla) but some company will come out ahead enough to prosper.<<<Yes when we have a technological break thru, and a slightly better battery is not good enough.   Bloomberg also recently predicted that EVs and ICE's will cost about the same to buy in 2026.  See link below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-04-12/electric-vehicle-battery-shrinks-and-so-does-the-total-cost

Bloomberg predicted? 

really?

where?

OOOOooooh….you're still shopping in the 'opinion' aisle...🤣

BTW: your article has such nice statistical charts....

...that one on the bottom is a great fit for explaining how as the governments slowly drop all their incentives and the prices rise, how the battery is now a lesser "%"  👍

10 hours ago, concha said:

A couple 'minor' thoughts on fairy dust pipe dreams.....

1) Not enough raw materials (lithium etc.) available to scale up....ignored

2) Cost of batteries (or any material) will significantly INCREASE upon further scarcity (which kind of blows up stans whole argument above of 'cheaper batteries' being the kicker to making them cost effective lolol)...ignored 

3) STILL have to generate the energy to transfer, store, retrieve and use (with 'energy' losses on each step, and once in those high tech batteries, you will lose energy just sitting in your garage overnight)…… ignore

4) All you have done is 'outsourced' the energy generation, taking significant energy losses with all the added complexity....ignored.

5) Significant toxic waste from EV components...ignored

stop me now ...I could go on all day with the ignorance and 'opinion'...

but just think about it this way....turning the tool that transports your ass where you want to go...so far...is just turning it from a portable 'energy generator' with and engine, to a less portable  'energy parasite' with a  motor....  

PS. did anyone ever notice that the 'savior break thru technology' that is going to change the world and whole industry really is (right now) ???  It's the solution that expects everyone to now drive around with their asses strapped to those same 'lithium saviors' that they won't even let you check as luggage for airplane transportation...go figure... 

• Like 1

Gee, I guess if I sent Concha's and Troll's latest post to Elon Musk, he'll go out and shoot himself.  Nah.

The world of people that say something is impossible compared to those that actually will attempt to do it is over a million to one.  A few will succeed where millions fail.  

You are in a large group of naysayers.

So, when you first saw Captain Kirk's handheld communication device did you ever think you would actually have one that worked the same way?  Neither did I, but guess what?

One thing that I've noticed about a lot of conservative people on these boards is that they want to stay in the 1950's.

Sad news for you guys, the only way the 50's will ever come back will be on a movie set in Hollywood, California.

So, it's "Back to the Future" time. 

Grab some popcorn boys and let's "enjoy" the life of Donald J. Trump

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stanscript said:

Gee, I guess if I sent Concha's and Troll's latest post to Elon Musk, he'll go out and shoot himself.  Nah.

The world of people that say something is impossible compared to those that actually will attempt to do it is over a million to one.  A few will succeed where millions fail.  

You are in a large group of naysayers.

So, when you first saw Captain Kirk's handheld communication device did you ever think you would actually have one that worked the same way?  Neither did I, but guess what?

One thing that I've noticed about a lot of conservative people on these boards is that they want to stay in the 1950's.

Sad news for you guys, the only way the 50's will ever come back will be on a movie set in Hollywood, California.

So, it's "Back to the Future" time. 

Grab some popcorn boys and let's "enjoy" the life of Donald J. Trump

I asked a question and pointed out some things worth thinking about.  Not everyone is a frigging sheep.

Not shocked that it has your panties in a twist.  🤣

Things like the cellphone and PC were not pushed and subsidized by Big Government.  They succeeded due to technological, capitalistic progress and market demand.

The claim that "certain people want to stay in the '50s" is a laughable and weak-minded leftist talking point that presupposes that what the left wants is, in fact, progress.  Is the pollution caused by lithium and rare metal mining needed for EVs... progress? Just pay attention to the fact it isn't a combustion engine! Do Not Think for Yourself, Citizen! Do not question Us!

Fucking sheep.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stanscript said:

Gee, I guess if I sent Concha's and Troll's latest post to Elon Musk, he'll go out and shoot himself. <<< Nah.....Maybe he will just copy Dyson and move on to 'robotics'....oh nevermind, he's already moved on to rockets 👍 

The world of people that say something is impossible compared to those that actually will attempt to do it is over a million to one.  A few will succeed where millions fail.  <<You have not figured out yet that I built my own first car long before Elon ever did? Well mine is still good to go and in my driveway 35 years later...so maybe I did succeed where Elon so far has been a failure...

You are in a large group of naysayers.<<Actually I'm in a large group of realists, that appreciate the technology...you calling those groups identical?

So, when you first saw Captain Kirk's handheld communication device did you ever think you would actually have one that worked the same way? <<Actually we were playing with CB radios while we watched, so yeah.... we already had ours 👍   Neither did I,<<smart guy 👌  but guess what? <<<what?

One thing that I've noticed about a lot of conservative people on these boards is that they want to stay in the 1950's.<<or maybe they already been there done that...as far as the 50's, speak for yourself 🤣

Sad news for you guys, the only way the 50's will ever come back will be on a movie set in Hollywood, California.<<sad for you maybe.

So, it's "Back to the Future" time. <<Yes the car that I built DOES have gullwings, how did you know?... here's something unbelievable for you tho... it even had one of those Captain Kirk handheld communication devices in it back in the day ....maybe some day you can go for a ride 👍….if you can ever get your head out of 'opinion' magazines...

Grab some popcorn boys and let's "enjoy" the life of Donald J. Trump<<<you're doing great on that one too...WTG

BTW: got anymore 'hyped projections' to counter those companies closing and drops in sales???

You'll probably need some for when the Gov gets out of the business of subsidizing losing business models...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troll said:

BTW: got anymore 'hyped projections' to counter those companies closing and drops in sales???

You'll probably need some for when the Gov gets out of the business of subsidizing losing business models...  

This link will answer a few of your concerns.  

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/ev-batteries

How did you feel when the government bailed out GM and Chrysler?  Was that the wrong kind of subsidy or was that justified?

How about the Interstate Highway System?  That was a government transportation subsidy, too.  Were/would you have been against that?

Where is your American Can-Do spirit?  Don't you have any faith in the "  'murican" ability to produce EVs?  I sure do.

Would you have more faith in EVs if Elon Musk's nickname was Bubba or Tex and he had a big 'ole factory in the Heart of Dixie?

46 minutes ago, stanscript said:

This link will answer a few of your concerns.  

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/ev-batteries<<Your fluff projection forgets to mention the cost of a battery replacement today for all those that are failing. any idea? lol  

How did you feel when the government bailed out GM and Chrysler?<<probably would have been ok with it if they did not...at the time as a disclaimer.  (you do realize it was more of a hostile takeover with what they did with the stock, and that they walked away with a tidy profit right?)  Was that the wrong kind of subsidy or was that justified?<<not sure...was it wrong or justified when that same company bailed out the USA in times of war... several times??? 

How about the Interstate Highway System?  That was a government transportation subsidy, too.  Were/would you have been against that?<<<no problem with the tolls or subsidy, but we were told they'd be taken down when the roads were paid for 🤣...tons of cash now being used for everything BUT roads...🙄

BTW: I don't even have a problem with subsidies on EV's, just because I say they will be dropping... 😄

What part of a more than 70% cost reduction per kilowatt hour in 6 years did you not understand? 

"When the first mass-market EVs were introduced in 2010, their battery packs cost an estimated $1,000 per kilowatt-hour (kWh). Today, Tesla's Model 3 battery pack costs $190 per kWh, and General Motors’ 2017 Chevrolet Bolt battery pack is estimated to cost about $205 per kWh. That's a drop of more than 70% in the price per kWh in 6 years!"

The graph projection also looks pretty realistic to me.  What makes you think it was "fluff?"

15 minutes ago, stanscript said:

What part of 70% cost reduction per kilowatt hour in 6 years did you not understand? <<<I understood EXACTLY what you MISSED...look at your question....what's missing...the word PROJECTION.🤣..why you always leave that out thinking you have made some point?🤔...So what part of "current cost" did you not understand...how much was that again? 20k for your dead car?

The graph projection looks pretty realistic to me.  <<it would 🤣  What makes you think it was "fluff?"<<because the only reason it's different from the last ten failed ones, is that they gave themselves SIX whole years.... instead of the usual 5. 🤣🤣

You're just full of questions aren't you....🍿

13 minutes ago, Troll said:

Your just full of questions aren't you....🍿

The 70% was real,  not a projection.  

The graph was a projection and I stated it as such.

I know you think you are a 21st Century Einstein but even he could be wrong (and so could you.)

"On 29 December 1934, Albert Einstein was quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette as saying, “There is not the slightest indication that [nuclear energy] will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will.”

Thanks for the back and forth.  Let's keep an eye out for future sales, battery progress/stagnation, factory openings/closing and the lot.  Would like to trade barbs but have things to do.

I believe in American ingenuity a lot more than you.  American technology is #1.  I guess you don't.

18 minutes ago, stanscript said:

"When the first mass-market EVs were introduced in 2010, their battery packs cost an estimated $1,000 per kilowatt-hour (kWh). Today, Tesla's Model 3 battery pack costs $190 per kWh, and General Motors’ 2017 Chevrolet Bolt battery pack is estimated to cost about $205 per kWh. That's a drop of more than 70% in the price per kWh in 6 years!"

Hey that's great ... you added the quote...👍

Now you can whip out some of your famous "STATISTICS" stan my man...(and sorry but I didn't expect you to go with an actual # LOLOL)

So let's see...

We can now extrapolate that whopping cost reduction ALREADY built into that cost TODAY...

...and that cost is still what? 

Battery alone still more than the cost of a brand new whole ICE vehicle??? 

Bravo 

Just now, stanscript said:

Thanks for the back and forth. <<no problem lol Let's keep an eye out for future sales, battery progress/stagnation, factory openings/closing and the lot.  <<<190 years...heck...what's 191 ? LOL yes, I will be watching 😄...Would like to trade barbs but have things to do.👍

I believe in American ingenuity a lot more than you.  American technology is #1.  I guess you don't.<you guessed wrong again...still doing that huh?

Have a good afternoon, take a nice drive, it's good for a nice attitude adjustment 👍

Troll.  Did you get a chance to see the 3 Qtr. report from Tesla?  Shanghai auto factory in pre-production.  Chinese Gigafactory built in record time.  Tesla Superchargers continue to expand service throughout the U.S.

Profit up. Profit margin up.

Stock jumps from about $250 to over $300 a share in after hours trading.

Looks like Elon Musk made about $5 Billion today and it could have been you if you would have just stuck with improving on the electric car you built years ago.