Why Lazy polls get it wrong

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

I never said that...Howver, I am not sold that SFA is well disciplined team.  That is more reflection on the players not the coaching.

Don't even engage that guy. Dude is a troll obsessed with teams that are better than his.

I wouldn't engage until he proves he's moved out of his mom's place. 

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

Don't even engage that guy. Dude is a troll obsessed with teams that are better than his.

I wouldn't engage until he proves he's moved out of his mom's place. 

Did you actually have a straight face when you posted that? The only way that doesn't qualify as "the pot calling the kettle black," is if Texasball is one of your own aliases, in which case you are both the pot and the kettle. 

• Haha 1

Samantha talks about our polls not knowing about the gaps between the super teams and the others. His tiers show the separation, but if he actually did a poll it would appear that his top tier 2 team would only be one notch below his last tier 1 super team. How can he think Whiteshoes and I can’t see the big gap between those teams simply because we rank and super team #6 and a non-recruited team #7? I guess I’ll rank my top 6 and leave the next ten slots in my poll blank just so he knows that I recognize the gap between those teams. 

3 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Samantha talks about our polls not knowing about the gaps between the super teams and the others. His tiers show the separation, but if he actually did a poll it would appear that his top tier 2 team would only be one notch below his last tier 1 super team. How can he think Whiteshoes and I can’t see the big gap between those teams simply because we rank and super team #6 and a non-recruited team #7? I guess I’ll rank my top 6 and leave the next ten slots in my poll blank just so he knows that I recognize the gap between those teams. 

Is it your opinion that some teams are recruited up?

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

Off the top of my head I would say MD, SJB, SFA, IMG, Gorman. Those are some of the more well known powers. I’m sure a lot of other academies and open zone schools do it. 
(Disclaimer: I have no proof. This is pure speculation.) 

FYI, Recruiting in not condoned in any state.,

Playing on TV vs. National teams, or in $60,000,000 stadiums does tend to "attract" the marquee kids that want exposure to Major College programs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

FYI, Recruiting in not condoned in any state.,

Playing on TV vs. National teams, or in $60,000,000 stadiums does tend to "attract" the marquee kids that want exposure to Major College programs.

There are many good ways to get exposure to Major College Progtams besides this.

There are some elite teams that have 6M + stadiums too.

4 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Did you actually have a straight face when you posted that? The only way that doesn't qualify as "the pot calling the kettle black," is if Texasball is one of your own aliases, in which case you are both the pot and the kettle. 

Texasball doesn’t troll threads.  I do have opinions and will argue in threads that I would naturally be in.