RUTGERS IS BACK BABY, The chosen one has returned

imaGoodBoyNow

9 hours ago, SJR89 said:

couple of reasons.....the most important being there are lot of jersey dudes on this forum....second....they are relevant again with Schiano back....you must have been like 6 when they were good....or are you like 45....hmmm....does not matter....RU is back......

Rutgers was good? The only thing I remember was them beating Louisville or something. Based on what I've seen from highlights of course. Maybe it wasn't Louisville, but they upset someone. Other than that, are they really relevant?

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Rutgers was good? The only thing I remember was them beating Louisville or something. Based on what I've seen from highlights of course. Maybe it wasn't Louisville, but they upset someone. Other than that, are they really relevant?

Well, they were national champs in 1869 (at least they claim they were).  Schiano had a rough 1st few years at RU, but then got them into 6 straight bowl games, of which they won 5.  Granted, they were lower tier bowl games, even though the year they beat Louisville (ranked #3 at the time) they were ranked in the top 10 for a while.  

There was never any question that Schiano was a great salesman for the program and a very good recruiter.  After making some brutal coaching decisions that lost RU games during his first few seasons, the question being asked was "he can coach, can't he?"  After relative success in a weak Big East conference, and a short unsuccessful stint in the NFL, that's still a question mark.  He seems to have assembled a much better staff now than he had in his first go-round, but obviously faces a much tougher row to hoe in the B10.  Time will tell if he can make RU as relevant as they were in 1869.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Bro. I gotta ask, and I’m being serious, back to what? 

Jersey State U is a disappointment athletically. Surely you have some instate kids who wanna ball out for the garden state instead of playing for national titles?!? 

Yes ... Schiano has put together an impressive first recruiting class during the pandemic ... it’s a 10 year plan based on his contract ... get to the middle of the big ten pack in 2-3 years ...get bowling again and yes compete for top level kids in NJ and out NJ .... RU was relevant during his last tenure ... and he obviously learned a lot being at OSU .... never said it would be easy but top kids in NJ are at least giving RU a real look Bc of Schiano and his staff 

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

Yes ... Schiano has put together an impressive first recruiting class during the pandemic ... it’s a 10 year plan based on his contract ... get to the middle of the big ten pack in 2-3 years ...get bowling again and yes compete for top level kids in NJ and out NJ .... RU was relevant during his last tenure ... and he obviously learned a lot being at OSU .... never said it would be easy but top kids in NJ are at least giving RU a real look Bc of Schiano and his staff 

Fair enough.

Good luck!