Lamar Jackson is having a YEAR

954gator

44 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

No they shouldn't... Did you see the difference when RG3 came in for mop up?  not even close..  LJ's  aren't a dime a dozen,, Why would you tailor your offense around LJ if you don't have LJ? ..  It's not like NFL teams haven't tried this type of Offense.. they have .. It only works if you have a special player like LJ and even then if LJ gets hurt the system is shot there is no replacement... 

Take the Eagles for example. Wetz goes down and Foles steps right in and the thing goes...Systems like the Ravens only work when you have a one in a million type player,, SJ goes down the whole thin crumbles ,,RG3 isnt close to what LJ is to carry that

Which is why you should draft personnel geared towards what you plan to run...Not based on numbers/draft stock.

As for Foles...They won a Super Bowl basically doing run/pass option.

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Steeler said he is a backup at best. The guy who might be the biggest MVP landslide winner in history. 

This guy is a phenom. Just because he isn’t a 6’5” 230 pound statue in the pocket doesn’t mean he can’t  succeed in the NFL. 

Different times my man. Different nfl. I thought the same. I didnt think Lamar could make it. 

34 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Take with grain of salt. Vick spent his prime years in jail and played at a time where your allowed to kill the qb

Dude is having a great year. But I do agree with this argument. Vick lost some prime years, but the bigger issues was the QB was not as protected and took way more of a beating game in and game out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Dude is having a great year. But I do agree with this argument. Vick lost some prime years, but the bigger issues was the QB was not as protected and took way more of a beating game in and game out.

Agree on all points. Vick played when the nfl was the nfl. The game today sucks

13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I think Vick would have loved to play in this type of offense.   Wasn’t Vick getting the ball under center for most of his career?

17 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

You guys are idiots.. Vick ran the same shit Baltimore is running,, Where the hell you think they got it from?  If Vick dint get busted and hurt Jax would be chasing stats he may not catch  Point is Vick and Jax doent fall from trees .. It only works when you have a ridiculous talent , You cant just make your NFL system and hope to draft an athletic" qb,, To work they have to be special amd they can't get hurt .. you won't have a back up that can go like that

Ummm...Vick was NOT running run/pass option plays.  The NFL is still playing catch-up trying to learn ways to stop it.