Dear NY drivers

3 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

If ur a NY driver driving in New Jersey and you pull up to a red light, you are allowed to make a right on red,,,, now ima be pissed off all day cause this schmuck just sat there as 10 cars blasted thier horns at him,,,,,.. 

no common sense 

Well....if you're down on Amelia for any time...and you happen to have NY plates on your Mercedes....you are allowed to:

(1)   Turn right any time you want.

(2)   Turn left any time you want

(3)   Go down the wrong way as clearly pointed out by the large bright arrow in the Publix parking lot.

(4)   Take up multiple parking spaces at any venue.

(5)   Act totally oblivious to the middle fingers being waved at you.

That's just five things.  There are more...but I gotta go take my blood pressure meds.....

Rufus>> 

• Like 8

I was just in New Jersey a month or so ago. Pulled up to an intersection to make a right turn, and an old guy was walking across the street. I couldn't go because it's illegal to run people down in the street but the guy behind me honked anyway. Musta been in a hurry.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SPFan1974 said:

I was just in New Jersey a month or so ago. Pulled up to an intersection to make a right turn, and an old guy was walking across the street. I couldn't go because it's illegal to run people down in the street but the guy behind me honked anyway. Musta been in a hurry.

Had the old guy crossing the street rolled around in the sack with your wife? Run him over, or shoot him, or something.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well....if you're down on Amelia for any time...and you happen to have NY plates on your Mercedes....you are allowed to:

(1)   Turn right any time you want.

(2)   Turn left any time you want

(3)   Go down the wrong way as clearly pointed out by the large bright arrow in the Publix parking lot.

(4)   Take up multiple parking spaces at any venue.

(5)   Act totally oblivious to the middle fingers being waved at you.

That's just five things.  There are more...but I gotta go take my blood pressure meds.....

Rufus>> 

I can add a couple more:

*No turn signal... because it's hard to reach with one hand on your phone, and one on the wheel.

*Pick-A-Lane drivers... I call them this because they randomly pick a lane (on a multi-lane highway) and stick with it no matter how close you are to their bumper.......in the FAST lane. Pills, please.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LeftOnBase said:

I can add a couple more:

*No turn signal... because it's hard to reach with one hand on your phone, and one on the wheel.

*Pick-A-Lane drivers... I call them this because they randomly pick a lane (on a multi-lane highway) and stick with it no matter how close you are to their bumper.......in the FAST lane. Pills, please.

Atleast he's not the NYC business guy literally reading the newspaper while driving on 80

Based on many years of driving up and down the East Coast, on either I95 or I 78 and I81, I can say, without the possibility of any rational disagreement, the the worst drivers are, in this order: New Jersey (way the hell in the lead), then, in a virtual tie, New York and Connecticut.  Florida is a distant fourth, but they still suck.

People hogging the left lane is annoying but one can live with it.  At least it's not life-threatening.

The real boneheads are those that feel that they should be in all lanes, all at once, regardless of whether or not there's room to slip in.  Talking to you, New Jersey.

Many's the time I wished I had an M-60 mounted on my hood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftOnBase said:

I can add a couple more:

Most people think the turn signal is a force field rather than an indicator:

Shields on - "Let me turn this on just when I crowd in front of this guy, then nothing bad can happen."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Based on many years of driving up and down the East Coast, on either I95 or I 78 and I81, I can say, without the possibility of any rational disagreement, the the worst drivers are, in this order: New Jersey (way the hell in the lead), then, in a virtual tie, New York and Connecticut.  Florida is a distant fourth, but they still suck.

People hogging the left lane is annoying but one can live with it.  At least it's not life-threatening.

The real boneheads are those that feel that they should be in all lanes, all at once, regardless of whether or not there's room to slip in.  Talking to you, New Jersey.

Many's the time I wished I had an M-60 mounted on my hood.

As Ive said before FL doesnt need speed limit signs. Nobody follows them anyway.... 

They're more suggestions than laws down their... 

And I-95 anywhere DC and Beyond is a disaster.... 

First time I tried Interstate travel I was going to visit a relative in Baltimore. 

I decided to drive with no gps. 

I overshot the entire damn state of Maryland. 

Ended up in Philadelphia. And I suffered dearly. Oh sweet jesus I suffered dearly... 

The one and only time I ever contemplated sleeping on a sidewalk... 

Only 2 hours apart but it took 4 hours to get back on track... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I hate driving up north... 

I refuse to drive in NYC... 

Ive never done it and never want too... 

Ive been in the passenger seat in Manhattan traffic. Omg i wanted to blow my brains out.... 

I was only 17... I wanted to just end it...

I was in the city yesterday and my brain still feels like it's smashing against concrete from that traffic...  

Worst traffic for each state Ive been too. 

GA:

Atlanta

Roswell

Marietta

Sandy Springs 

FL:

Orlando 

Daytona Beach 

Miami

Jacksonville 

Tampa

DC/Virginia as a whole... 

Baltimore 

Philadelphia 

Boston 

Los Angeles 

Nashville-It aint called Crashville for nothing... they cant drive to save their life or another persons life... 

Memphis

Chicago-Kill me... 

NYC 

Dallas-One big construction zone...

35 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I hate driving up north... 

I refuse to drive in NYC... 

Ive never done it and never want too... 

Ive been in the passenger seat in Manhattan traffic. Omg i wanted to blow my brains out.... 

I was only 17... I wanted to just end it...

My wife and I like to visit NYC, and I was just like you. I did not want to drive in NYC, but this last trip I did and it wasn't that bad (not as bad as I thought it would be, I just went with the flow... fast). Went over the Verrazano Bridge and through Brooklyn on the way to Montauk. On the way back through it was rush hour and I went over the Williamsburg Bridge, through lower Manhattan, and into the Holland Tunnel in a stick shift Mustang GT. Traffic in Manhattan was just like you think it is in rush hour. Bumper to bumper. You may sit through 5 red lights before you get through an intersection.

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I hate NYC traffic.... 

Ive actually thought about planning a trip with some friends up there... 

Its a straight 12 hour 20 minute drive from Savannah to NYC up I-95.... 

Of course Im not factoring in DC traffic...

Yep, DC traffic is horrible. I think I preferred NYC traffic almost lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Had the old guy crossing the street rolled around in the sack with your wife? Run him over, or shoot him, or something.

I hope not, that would be kinda awkward. I'm not saying that I wanted to run him down. I am speaking of the expectation of the guy behind me to turn even though there was a pedestrian in my way. 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Another terrible traffic laced city. 

Boston..

For the life of me I dont see how truck Drivers drive in Boston... 

For a city thats supposed to be 1 way in 1 way out it is a sin to try and get through.... 

People give drivers from Boston, and the whole Greater Boston area, a bad rap, but in reality they do the best they can with the frigged up, arcane, designed-for-failure traffic systems they're saddled with.

It may appear that they aren't following the rules of the road, but they are.  They're just not the rules you're used to.

Imagine trying to drive on 60-70 MPH highways with no flyovers, 100 foot exit and merge ramps, and exit and merge ramps criscrossing within 300 feet of each other.

They've made rules that allow them to cope with the clusterfuck of a road system that they have to deal with, day after day, week after week, until they inevitably die, either of old age or an accident.

The wonder isn't that the drivers appear to be incompetent, the wonder is why everybody in the state hasn't been killed in a traffic accident.

1 hour ago, SPFan1974 said:

I hope not, that would be kinda awkward. I'm not saying that I wanted to run him down. I am speaking of the expectation of the guy behind me to turn even though there was a pedestrian in my way. 

I was more making reference to a couple other threads going around where the discussion is about when and how some of the posters want to jack others up.