Obama wants credit for our great economy

Bormio

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I did fine... better now, but again where did I mock Obama or say he wasn’t responsible for recovery? News flash I didn’t. You just went off on a fucking tangent

I was responding to concha.  If you don’t have an issue with Obama and his recovery or our market growth under him, then why did you jump into the convo as an antagonist? 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

👇.  This is the type of exaggerated BS I respond to, Bormio is the OP and this was posted as a discredit to what he did economically.  

That comment about America being bad was not in reference to the economy - it referred to Obama’s view of American history as evidenced by his worldwide apology tour.

My comment was in response to one about Obama kowtowing overseas

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

👇.  This is the type of exaggerated BS I respond to, Bormio is the OP and this was posted as a discredit to what he did economically.  

What did he say that was wrong? Is Obama trying to take credit for todays economy? Yes he is. Total bullshit he deserves NONE.

Was America in a bad place back then? Yes it was. Did Obama get us going back in the right direction? yes he did all credit to him. 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

hey @concha  when are we going so see charts and graphs over the Bush economy?  I mean if we’re going to have negative words for the man that helped usher us into a recovery we would reserve some wrath and anger towards the man that helped cause the need to recover.   Just sayin   

George W. Bush's initiatives at home and abroad had significant financial consequences.

• Both tax cuts added an estimated $1.5 trillion to the debt from 2002 to 2011.25 They only increased growth enough to make up 10% of their long-run cost.26 In addition, they disproportionately benefited high-income households. The top 1% of households gained an after-tax income increase of 6.7%, while those in the lowest fifth made gains of just 1%.4 Maintaining the cuts has been estimated to cost $4.6 trillion from 2012 to 2021.24
  • The Medicare prescription drug bill added an estimated $550 billion to the debt between 2006 and 2015.27 Employers and healthcare providers received over $125 billion in short-term subsidies as a result of Bush's prescription drug program.10
  • Spending on the two wars was estimated at $604 billion from September 2001 to the end of fiscal year 2007. Through 2017, the cost plus interest topped $2 trillion.28 The wars also cost over 6,800 lives, counting military personnel and Department of Defense civilians.29
  • TARP was viewed as successful in stabilizing the market, and at lower costs than expected.30 But it would be a tough recovery, as the 2008 financial crisis had resulted in steep economic losses. Housing prices fell 33% during the recession—more than during the Great Depression.31 Unemployment also remained high, reaching 7.3% by the end of 2008 and peaking at 10% in October 2009.32 

I understand your need to deflect from the thread topic. 

Go to your safe space for a bit. It'll be OK. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I was responding to concha.  If you don’t have an issue with Obama and his recovery or our market growth under him, then why did you jump into the convo as an antagonist? 

I was replying to the OP. Obama is trying to take credit for todays economy. I posted what he said back then. Again you went bat shit crazy. 

Even DNC ChairDonna Brazile discussed obama’s shitty job growth in Wikileaks 

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/email-dnc-chair-privately-criticizes-obama-economy-despite-public-praise

But tweets public praise lol. She fucking  knew. 

Brazile also said Barry Kardashian was the most arrogant man she ever met. Shame on her for saying such blasphemy about a fellow person of color and that parvenus demagogue! 

• Haha 1

Just now, thc6795 said:

I was replying to the OP. Obama is trying to take credit for todays economy. I posted what he said back then. Again you went bat shit crazy. 

It's funny. I don't think anyone's claimed that there wasn't a recovery under Obama. Horsefly is simply losing his shit over folks pointing out certain truths about it that he doesn't like. 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

It's funny. I don't think anyone's claimed that there wasn't a recovery under Obama. Horsefly is simply losing his shit over folks pointing out certain truths about it that he doesn't like. 

You like to bash Obama and his accomplishments, that’s all this OT side does,  but turn a blind eye to the one that caused the economic downfall...Bush    

You want to appear as if you’re a truth teller but your fat mouth is silent on that.  Why?  You don’t bash repubs.  Just calling it as I see it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You like to bash Obama and his accomplishments, that’s all this OT side does,  but turn a blind eye to the one that caused the economic downfall...Bush    

You want to appear as if you’re a truth teller but your fat mouth is silent on that.  Why?  You don’t bash repubs.  Just calling it as I see it.  

come on bell. Are you really calling someone out for not calling out the opposing party? You? 

BTW this time I am intejecting myself into your conversation. See the differance? 

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I have stated facts relevant to the thread topic. That has clearly caused you to lose your shit. 

Feel free to start a thread about how Bush was responsible for the housing crisis and subsequent recession. Maybe I'll stop by. 

The irony of you calling me out for partisanship is hilarious, btw. 

The Obama recovery was weak and the economy has improved from what Obama handed over. Truth. 

You pissing and moaning about people pointing it out doesn't change that reality. 

Just now, thc6795 said:

come on bell. Are you really calling someone out for not calling out the opposing party? You? 

BTW this time I am intejecting myself into your conversation. See the differance? 

Come on, it’s one thing to support ones party concha comes across as if he’s report the real and whole truth.  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

but turn a blind eye to the one that caused the economic downfall...Bush

Bush huh? 

Nothing to do with Bill Clinton repealing Glass Steagall & signing the commodity futures modernization act WHICH EXEMPTED CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS FROM REGULATION! Hello? Anyone home? 

Ever hear of the Community Reinvestment Act? Bill put gun to the heads of banks and Freddie and Fanny to give homes to people who couldn’t afford them? That was a great idea. 

Further, Nothing to do with Fed chairman schmuck Alan Greenspan who was asleep at the while keeping interest rates too low for too long? 

I don’t think you read enough about what caused the subprime crisis my friend. I do if you want more schooling.... I know a lot on the topic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Bush huh? 

Nothing to do with Bill Clinton repealing Glass Steagall & signing the commodity futures modernization act WHICH EXEMPTED CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS FROM REGULATION! Hello? Anyone home? 

Ever hear of the Community Reinvestment Act? Bill put gun to the heads of banks and Freddie and Fanny to give homes to people who couldn’t afford them? That was a great idea. 

Further, Nothing to do with Fed chairman schmuck Alan Greenspan who was asleep at the while keeping interest rates too low for too long? 

I don’t think you read enough about what caused the subprime crisis my friend. I do if you want more schooling.... I know a lot on the topic. 

Pointing out the Dem foundations of the housing crisis will make Horsefly flip the fuck out. 

• Like 1